Aftermarket 5 on 4" options

-
I think when the time comes about going with the Craiger s/s in 15", just so I can switch back and forth to the stock wheels on my '68.

Last time I checked Summit had a Ansen Sprint slotted mag in the 5X4 bolt pattern.

According to Summit, these won't fit around disk brake calipers. Drum brake only. Which is not enormously useful.

Bummer, because I like the look.

I would love a set of Keystone Classics, love the look. I guess they were never available in 15 inch sbp? What is involved in swapping to lbp?

I contacted Cragar last fall and asked them about availability of 5 X 4" SS Cragar wheels. Their customer service replied and told me they dropped them from their line. I saw them on the "newstalgiawheel.com" site and contacted Cragar again and asked them if these were for real or a knock off? Customer Service replied that they were one of there best clients and if they had the 5 x 4", I had better grab them while they lasted. I believe I paid $162 a piece with free shipping. Lug nuts were extra. I always wanted SS Cragars and couldn't afford them when I bought my original new 72 Swinger. I got them this time! I haven't put them on yet.

Ok Guys, Heres The Story. 66 Dart Gt. I Bought 2 Used Cragar Ss Wheels Here On A Body 14x7 Sbp Backspacing Is About 3.5"

They Fit On The Frt Fine Using A 215/60 Tire. Then I Bought 2 New 14x7 Cragar Ss From Newstalgia. They Are 4.125 Backspacing.

My Problem: The Used Set Is "deeper Dished" Then The New Set! The New Set Won't Fit On The Frt, Hits Just A Bit On Inside. So.....

How Do I Get To The "look" I Want. The Rears Should Look "deeper" Then The Frt Correct??? Thanks,john

Ok Guys, Heres The Story. 66 Dart Gt. I Bought 2 Used Cragar Ss Wheels Here On A Body 14x7 Sbp Backspacing Is About 3.5"

They Fit On The Frt Fine Using A 215/60 Tire. Then I Bought 2 New 14x7 Cragar Ss From Newstalgia. They Are 4.125 Backspacing.

My Problem: The Used Set Is "deeper Dished" Then The New Set! The New Set Won't Fit On The Frt, Hits Just A Bit On Inside. So.....

How Do I Get To The "look" I Want. The Rears Should Look "deeper" Then The Frt Correct??? Thanks,john

I think the only way that can be solved and still use everything you have id a wheel spacer. That depends on how far you need to space it too! Beyond that, they arent the most appreciated items to put on a car. Added stress to a smaller pattern, just seems a bit sketchy, and Im not real leary of stuff like that usually.

Where can I get a look at the Coy's 17" wheels?

http://www.coyswheel.com/index2.html

kinda crappy picture but here they are on djv's car.

carlisle%2008%20201.jpg

That's the main reason I ended up not getting the Cragars for my car. The offset needed to put as wide a tire as possible on the rear would have made the dish deeper on the front wheels than the back & I didn't think it would look right. I think I even checked with Newstalgia about getting a custom offset. IIRC, they said it was possible for about $50 extra per wheel. But even then, I would have ended up with a deeper looking wheel on front than back. And a custom offset might not be possible now, if they've stopped the production run of the wheels.

I ended up getting Centerline wheels. They have a fairly wide selection of widths & backspacings in the 4" bolt pattern.

As far as spacers go...I used some on the front of my car "back in the day" so my 7" wheels didn't hit my front suspension (I think it was the tie rod end, might have been the upper control arm). I put them through all kinds oh hell including launching the car on several occasions. Never had a problem. Kinda' makes me feel lucky now.

i think somebody here has them but i cant remember who. i think they were called majestic at one time.

i ve got a set of slots 14x6 14x 8 new tires lugs caps and polish 550.00 plus shipping

I still have my SBP Crager SS wheels for sale.

15x8 ans 15x7

they are in the for sale section.

-
Back