aftermarket guage dash pics/ideas HELP!!!!

-
Here's the start of mine. The speedo and tach aren't there yet but you get the idea. Has a rolled edge for a more finished look on the insert.

NewDash1.jpg

NewDash.jpg

What guages are those? I like them a lot.

So is the non matching guages part of the plan? Looks great otherwise. I really like the layout a bunch.

The speedo was from the parts pile. If you look real close, the four red guarded switches don't match each other either.

The first two are from the power distribution panel on the flight engineer's station from a TWA 727-231. The other two are cheapie Chinese switches from Napa.

Actually, none of the gauges match. The tach is at least 25 years old, and been in at least 3 cars, the oil pressure and temp aren't much newer. The fuel and voltmeter gauges are jeg's from last year.

But the whole car is put together like that.

The HD Dana 60 is from a Chevy 1 ton pickup that I cut down myself.

I'm kinda cheap. but maybe I can start a musclecar rat rod thing?

Attachments

• 991a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 992a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 345
....I suspect, like our case, when you are on a budget you buy where you can...

The speedo was from the parts pile. If you look real close, the four red guarded switches don't match each other either.

The first two are from the power distribution panel on the flight engineer's station from a TWA 727-231. The other two are cheapie Chinese switches from Napa.

Actually, none of the gauges match. The tach is at least 25 years old, and been in at least 3 cars, the oil pressure and temp aren't much newer. The fuel and voltmeter gauges are jeg's from last year.

But the whole car is put together like that.

The HD Dana 60 is from a Chevy 1 ton pickup that I cut down myself.

I'm kinda cheap. but maybe I can start a musclecar rat rod thing?

Dude that car is awesome.

heres mine

Attachments

• 100_2348.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 290
heres mine

Wow I really like that. I love the older guage designs with some flare to them like yours. I want my gauge layout just as yours, but with a single tach in the center and the guages closer together around it. In the same setting as yours. Very nice.

I have been wondering how to make my gauges look like they are in a deep hole I stead of sticking out or on a flat surface. Never thought it would be so damn difficult to decide on how to do this and be totally different still.

Man the speedhut gauges are expensive damn. Sure are nice though.

Yes they are expensive, but have many more features than most gauges and more options. The other big plus is that they are warrantied for life. If they ever quit, send it in for free replacement or repair.

Diggin' this thread,Quick question to anyone out there,,,Do you cut and splice if you are using the factory under dash harness? or is some company making a plug that you hook the aftermarket gauges to?

I'm changing my entire wiring system with an EZ kit. I didn't even want to try and wire the new gauges into the old wiring.

Diggin' this thread,Quick question to anyone out there,,,Do you cut and splice if you are using the factory under dash harness? or is some company making a plug that you hook the aftermarket gauges to?

The Speedhut gauges come with their own mini-loom, so you only need to wire the power to a couple of wires and use a good ground.
Having said that, mine's all rewired with the EZ kit. I wouldn't know the first thing about installing them with stock wiring, haha.

-
Back