Aftermarket tire pressure monitoring system.

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting older and lazy. I'm getting tired of checking all my tires on my truck and trailer each week. I'm going to put a aftermarket TPMS on my truck and trailer. Of those that have done this. First, how do you like it? Second, what brand did you use? Third, Have you had any problems related to the system?
My truck is a 06' 3500 without a factory TPMS system.

I put this kit on my camper about 6 years ago. I've had to replace the batteries only once so far. The receiver part that goes in your truck is solar powered. I leave it in the corner of my dash year round, even when I'm not towing and it has never needed to be plugged in, the battery stays charged from the solar part.

I'm not a huge fan of having the sensors hang off my valve stems, but so far so good. Although, it is a little cumbersome removing them when I do have to add air. I think when I get new tires this summer, I am going to look at sensors that mount internally.

Tymate RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System - M12-3 Tire Pressure Monitor System with Solar Charge, 5 Alarm Modes, Auto Sleep Mode, LCD Display, RV TPMS with 4 Sensors, Easy to Install, (0-145 PSI) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7CP3PB?tag=fabo03-20

-
Back