AG porting pictures

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
Best I can do. Can’t hold the light and the iPad and take the pictures. A couple of the heads too.

D835FA4B-4FF2-4F4B-B769-38BE571C6D55.jpeg
8F58F0EA-C722-420C-98C2-1ECB4687AF0D.jpeg
FC701D9E-C514-46B9-9C0B-F81E90C8EE72.jpeg
487BC51C-D103-4983-9F16-38C4B7326B18.jpeg
CD1D0A19-23C6-47E3-86F1-FB93F2BE2A78.jpeg
7AB98356-F11B-4BE1-9BFE-A9D59323AAC6.jpeg

Should break the fuel up real good with that texture.

Should break the fuel up real good with that texture.

That’s not finished yet. I have to get all the carbide troughs out and the radii where I want them, then I’ll burr finish them.

I think after years of trying I’ve finally figured out how to use a burr finish and still get the shape I want, and not kill my hands doing it. I could be wrong. But I think I have a handle on it.

Scody21 is letting me do what I want on his stuff (he may be a bit on the crazy side for that, but I won’t judge him) so that’s why I’m giving it a shot. Closest I’ve been to getting it right I think and hope.

Heads will get the same, except I’m doing the exhaust port and the chambers with a burr finish too. Hopefully I’m not going off the rails...

Hopefully Scody21 will go back on the dyno with this when it’s done. If he does, I’ll let him borrow my SD to compare to this AG. I say the the SD would beat it up....

Last edited:
That’s not finished yet. I have to get all the carbide troughs out and the radii where I want them, then I’ll burr finish them.

I think after years of trying I’ve finally figured out how to use a burr finish and still get the shape I want, and not kill my hands doing it. I could be wrong. But I think I have a handle on it.

Scody21 is letting me do what I want on his stuff (he may be a bit on the crazy side for that, but I won’t judge him) so that’s why I’m giving it a shot. Closest I’ve been to getting it right I think and hope.

Heads will get the same, except I’m doing the exhaust port and the chambers with a burr finish too. Hopefully I’m not going off the rails...

Hopefully Scody21 will go back on the dyno with this when it’s done. If he does, I’ll let him borrow my SD to compare to this AG. I say the the SD would beat it up....
No kidding, I’m still not sold if it was a good idea or not having you go ape **** on my heads / intake. But we’re going to be finding out soon. I have to find a scatter shield that we can modify and add to my brother’s dyno to run some pulls.

No kidding, I’m still not sold if it was a good idea or not having you go ape **** on my heads / intake. But we’re going to be finding out soon. I have to find a scatter shield that we can modify and add to my brother’s dyno to run some pulls.

COOOOOOOOL. So this is going back on the pump!!! Fun fun fun.

Thanks for the documentation YR and what were the results on the dyno before? J.Rob

p.s. Any before or after flow results?

I should have the after flow numbers about the 3rd or 4th of February and then if Scody21 doesn’t care we can post them. Scody21 has some dyno numbers but that will be with iron heads and a different cam but maybe he will post them.

I should have the after flow numbers about the 3rd or 4th of February and then if Scody21 doesn’t care we can post them. Scody21 has some dyno numbers but that will be with iron heads and a different cam but maybe he will post them.

So the current 340 setup in the car now is...
1969 340 at .040 over with Fed Mogal L2316f-40 forged pistons, scat I beams.
J heads with 2.02/ 1.60 valves not ported, just machined, port cleaned new seats and valve job.
Comp cam 20-228-4 AKA XE285HL-10 xtreem high lift installed at 105.5 (yes we know, not a great cam selection. That’s why we’re changing it)
Comp springs at 1.65 at 140# open. running comp 1622-16 roller tip rockers and comp lifters. With the rest of the goodies like HV oil pump, air gap intake, MSD 6AL, pro billet distro, holly 750DP, mini starter, TTI step headers etc....

On the dyno, after brake in, adding the 2nd springs and dumping the green juice and adding fresh green juice (penn grade) we got the following on the Northwest Dyno services dyno, which is a Superflow 902.
382.8 TRQ at 4,400
364.4 HP at 6,000
We did run to 6,800, but the cam was tapering off at 6,300 and I can’t find the sheet from that run. Was not super happy with the cam and power delivery to 3.23’s through a 4 speed. The motor is way happier with the 3.91’s. This all was before YR curved my disto/ 6AL and found issues with the box retarding and did some carb tuning.

Thus why YR is porting the eddy heads and intake, we’re also going to change the cam for something that’s more auto cross / road race focused as that’s how I have this car set up. My 70 duster is going to be the 1/4 mile car...

Updated pictures of your intake. Heads tomorrow.

0C77EBC0-65A1-49E3-AB4F-C4A1CA57C0F9.jpeg
E53C6E4B-BAA7-415D-A651-938D7A795F32.jpeg

I’ll get some better pictures tomorrow. I’ll hold the light and have the wife take the pictures

So the current 340 setup in the car now is...
1969 340 at .040 over with Fed Mogal L2316f-40 forged pistons, scat I beams.
J heads with 2.02/ 1.60 valves not ported, just machined, port cleaned new seats and valve job.
Comp cam 20-228-4 AKA XE285HL-10 xtreem high lift installed at 105.5 (yes we know, not a great cam selection. That’s why we’re changing it)
Comp springs at 1.65 at 140# open. running comp 1622-16 roller tip rockers and comp lifters. With the rest of the goodies like HV oil pump, air gap intake, MSD 6AL, pro billet distro, holly 750DP, mini starter, TTI step headers etc....

On the dyno, after brake in, adding the 2nd springs and dumping the green juice and adding fresh green juice (penn grade) we got the following on the Northwest Dyno services dyno, which is a Superflow 902.
382.8 TRQ at 4,400
364.4 HP at 6,000
We did run to 6,800, but the cam was tapering off at 6,300 and I can’t find the sheet from that run. .

You're peak numbers are exactly inline with what I would have expected and have witnessed more than once. Great info.
Are you going back to the same dyno facility? J.Rob

You're peak numbers are exactly inline with what I would have expected and have witnessed more than once. Great info.
Are you going back to the same dyno facility? J.Rob

Well that’s good to know. I’m not, my brother now has a SF901 that he uses to run Cosworth DFV’s, BDA, lotus twin cam, BMW’s and other vintage forumla race car motors that he builds, (aka the super expensive 50 year old junk, like our cheap 50 year old junk) So we’re going to find a scatter shield and headers, make some brackets so we can set the dyno up to run SBM’s.

Last edited:
Thus why YR is porting the eddy heads and intake, we’re also going to change the cam for something that’s more auto cross / road race focused as that’s how I have this car set up. My 70 duster is going to be the 1/4 mile car...
Do you know the specs for your cam yet? I'm curious because that's what the focus of my car will be and I had Jones give me a recommendation for a SFT that would be a very racy for road course and auto-X but still streetable. Curious how your specs would compare. I happen to have a new XE275HL sitting on the shelf and I was going to use it until I do the four speed swap. The cam Jones specced was with a manual in mind and he said it wouldn't do well with an automatic.

Do you know the specs for your cam yet? I'm curious because that's what the focus of my car will be and I had Jones give me a recommendation for a SFT that would be a very racy for road course and auto-X but still streetable. Curious how your specs would compare. I happen to have a new XE275HL sitting on the shelf and I was going to use it until I do the four speed swap. The cam Jones specced was with a manual in mind and he said it wouldn't do well with an automatic.

Not yet, YR and I were on the phone a little while ago and we’re talking cam specs. Once we figure it out, we’ll post. I have the XE285HL in now, what were we’re talking is closer to the 275 like you have. Im dropping the power brakes so that opens the selection up some, along with not going lower than 3.55’s and my gear vendor. I know YR will post more..

How about some updates and closure by the end user on this. :poke:

How about some updates and closure by the end user on this. :poke:

Back from the dead. I’ve not swapped the heads yet. Life got in the way, with moving and such. As they say, if it aint broke, don’t fix it, my car runs really good as it is now.

I have a list of things I’m adjusting / changing this winter. I have dyno sheets for my current setup ran on a superflow 902, YellowRose is working on getting his 901 dyno off the ground. Are putting in a 236 .550 lift 107+2 Howard’s cam which took 10 weeks to get. I’m not sure if I’m going to just swap the heads / intake and do a few power pulls to see the increases vs. the current cam / 2.02 J heads. Then swap the cam, break-in and then run some power pulls.

Back from the dead. I’ve not swapped the heads yet. Life got in the way, with moving and such. As they say, if it aint broke, don’t fix it, my car runs really good as it is now.

I have a list of things I’m adjusting / changing this winter. I have dyno sheets for my current setup ran on a superflow 902, YellowRose is working on getting his 901 dyno off the ground. Are putting in a 236 .550 lift 107+2 Howard’s cam which took 10 weeks to get. I’m not sure if I’m going to just swap the heads / intake and do a few power pulls to see the increases vs. the current cam / 2.02 J heads. Then swap the cam, break-in and then run some power pulls.
I hear you. Thanks for replying. On the swapping in steps I know that’s what I tried to do up to a point as well but once things were that tore down I got real lazy thoughts and thought “I ain’t tearing all this apart again, screw it! :BangHead: All at once it is! Best of luck either way:thumbsup:

-
Back