Age of a 6 pack manifold

-

JimH

Reaction score
Hi all. New the this site.
Does anybody know how the tell the age of a 340 6 pack intake manifold? I have one and it says Edelbrock and Chrysler on it. I don't see any casting dates just the Chrysler number and Edelbrock part number, LD6B. Didn't Edelbrock stop using that style part numbers in the late 70's. I think later ones say Mopar Performance on them. I don't know how they are marked for the Direct Connection years. It's up for sale and everyone keeps asking if it's original or repop, I always thought they just kept making them. Any help or thoughts would be helpful. Thanks, Jim.

Welcome to FABO, some pictures would go a long way here.
I'm no expert on 6 pack intakes, but i'll take a stab at it.
I think the originals had only ''Edelbrock'' on them and maybe a Chrysler part number on them.
It sounds early aftermarket to me, but i'm not positive.
I know they made lots of them after the '70 T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas had them on them originally. Same with the carbs.

The originals have the Chrysler part number cast into the flat area between the front & center carb bases.

Hi Dartnut. Thanks for the greetings. I'm not that technologically advanced that I can get a photo on but I'll try.
Hey Krazy Kuda I wish it was that easy trying to identify things.
Hi Alaskan TA.
Thats where the number is.
So this could have been on a factory built T/A or AAR in 1970?
Thanks for the help all.

Welcome to A bodies
Have one on my 73 Cuda 340, bought it in 85 complete from Direct Connection. Say's LD6B and Edelbrock. Came with correct factory replacement carbs and all the parts needed including air cleaner.
It is a reproduction of the original.I believe I was told the manifolds were cast off the original molds, but I could be wrong,after all it was only 29 years ago.
Get this, I paid $850.00 new complete,plus shipping!

The original 1970 units do not have the LD6B lettering.

Thanks all for the help. Didn't think it was but never knew the difference.
I have a 65 Barracuda Formula S driver so I'll be on here every now and then to get help and maybe give some.
Thanks again, Jim.

So this could have been on a factory built T/A or AAR in 1970?
Thanks for the help all.

It may be hard to tell exactly. The six pack manifolds have been available from Mopar aftermarket since the 70's. That could have been a Direct Connection or Mopar Performance part. Or an older Edelbrock version that they sold aftermarket.

Either way, six packs are good intakes.

-
Back