Air Shocks

-
Well......not really. Using the air shocks to level a car out with a heavy load that it probably was not designed to carry puts more load than "just raising the car, because it has the weight of the car, PLUS the load pushing down.

That said, I'm not condemning air shocks. Tons of them have been used over time quite successfully. But IMO, if they are used as intended, to level out heavy loads, it should be only temporary and not something done all the time. The repeated use in that situation is what will beat the shock mounts all to pieces.

Totally right. Using them to raise the rear of an unloaded car puts more weight on the front so it actually takes weight off the rear.

You can get away with it if the load isn’t too crazy, but do it long enough and stuff will break. And even if it doesn’t , it isn’t a performance thing.

And here we are again. Can’t we agree to disagree? Why does it have to be one way or another. Fortunately we all have a choice on the subject.

Run whatever you like, I don’t care.

But the physics are pretty clear, and for performance air shocks suck. That’s not an opinion, there are plenty of ways to test and prove that.

And here we are again. Can’t we agree to disagree? Why does it have to be one way or another. Fortunately we all have a choice on the subject.

I'm probably gonna stick a pair under the back of my rat truck. They're fine if you use um with good sense. Like anything else.

I just put the Monroe air shocks on my Scamp to raise the rear a couple of inches. Put in 50 pounds and it does the job. Real nice ride and I feel like a kid again! Lol.
16217866769121930154805492359424.jpg

That’s not an opinion, there are plenty of ways to test and prove that.

And as in so many things - you are apparently the only knower and purveyor of the facts. "Oz knows all, sees all...". You dismiss the collective experience of dozens of others and their decades of actual experience so easily and authoritatively that you shouldn't be surprised when you get responses like this one.

-
Back