Air Suspension

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Does anyone make an air suspension kit for our A-bodies? I've seen a few out there for B-bodies, but nothing for our cars.

Reilly motorsports, you are getting a lot more than Air ride with his kits. That sucker will handle

just remember one thing when going to air ride say what you want but it isn't a good ride might handle nice but the ride will get rough

just remember one thing when going to air ride say what you want but it isn't a good ride might handle nice but the ride will get rough

Really? The thought of air ride came to my mind while watching "Musclecars" last night. I believe the owner of Year One put air ride on his Dodge Challenger and it supposedly rode nice. Currently I drive an 88 Mark VII with air suspension and it rides soft and smooth. Granted my 74 Dodge Dart is an entirely different beast altogether so who knows how air ride would work on an A-Body.

everything I've heard and read, from users, says air improves ride quality. I also don't know of anything specific for a-bodies unless you go to the Alterk and Streetlynx. You could always contact Ride Tech and talk about it with them.

I have air ride on my 67cuda....I have the RMS set up in the front and a custom 4 link in the rear (RMS makes a rear kit now I believe.)

It handles like a rail and it can be a bit stiff but then most sport cars have a stiffer suspension. It is adjustable though and if your oil pan has good ground clearance then you can run it softer.

I like it. I especially like the ability to drop it at shows.

The front air bags fit a bit tight so some clearancing of the upper A-arm bracket may be required.

100_2735w.jpg

-
Back