ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
keep your shorts on Grasshopper I had to get out of my pajamas and put my clothes on LOL it's quite a bit earlier here..
So back to testing the material did you Sonic test all the retainers and clips and everything? LOL I'm sure Fishman did, that's how he knows..

keep your shorts on Grasshopper I had to get out of my pajamas and put my clothes on LOL it's quite a bit earlier here..
So back to testing the material did you Sonic test all the retainers and clips and everything? LOL I'm sure Fishman did, that's how he knows..
wow.
:D

Last edited:
I assume there was more than wow before you edited LOL anyways what Guru scares going to make you not run these basically out of the box?...
why do you ask what you already know because I already stated it?

If they fail they fail...
You could always swap over to some aluminum retainers if you're worried about failing! Hmm, aluminum retainers or these here Chinese retainers......which to choose:drama:

I have seen a few failed "name brand" lock failures over the years and the common denominator was not enough valve spring for the combo.

go some intake gaskets and main and head stud hardware, I ain't ever fiddled with these before IE. ARP, but I thought there would be more precision in the interaction of the 12 point cap screw and the stud, seems to wobble more than I would thought when screwed down on the stud to the top of the nut.

go some intake gaskets and main and head stud hardware, I ain't ever fiddled with these before IE. ARP, but I thought there would be more precision in the interaction of the 12 point cap screw and the stud, seems to wobble more than I would thought when screwed down on the stud to the top of the nut.
Spitballing but I wonder what happens with heat expansion..?..

Just got done talking to a friend who bought big block Pro Comp heads 10 years ago and had a valve failure with both the intake and exhaust in one cylinder at probably 7K at the big end of the track... (134mph) Took out his big block Stroker.. he put new valves in it when he rebuilt the motor and still has them to this day. Just isn't convinced the hardware was very good.. so I guess the question remains whether that was then or that's how it always will be..???..

Just got done talking to a friend who bought big block Pro Comp heads 10 years ago and had a valve failure with both the intake and exhaust in one cylinder at probably 7K at the big end of the track... (134mph) Took out his big block Stroker.. he put new valves in it when he rebuilt the motor and still has them to this day. Just isn't convinced the hardware was very good.. so I guess the question remains whether that was then or that's how it always will be..???..
top of the line parts have failed too. If he was turning 7k, I could imagine the VS pressure....

Spitballing
When Jpar is so mad that spit comes out with his words:poke::D

could be that a lock wasn't seated and let go. Bending/braking in the combustion chamber causing the other valve to get hung up knocking out the other keeper.

I had this problem with a stock head/eng that i installed shim under the valve spring,

75 Duster 360 with SM heads using their valves..retainers...and locks.....using PAC 1903 springs.....has Hughes 5460 camshaft....only got a two dozen runs on it so far...i think.....going to run the **** out of it this year with alot of hardware changes....intake..headers...and so on...

Lightening the car up also....

Spitballing
When Jpar is so mad that spit comes out with his words:poke::D

could be that a lock wasn't seated and let go. Bending/braking in the combustion chamber causing the other valve to get hung up knocking out the other keeper.

I had this problem with a stock head/eng that i installed shim under the valve spring,
I don't get mad I get even...

I'm just not sure if I should set the heads up with the old carbs and get everything in check, or the other way get the carbs set up and then pull the motor and do the heads..
won't matter, either way. It's not like it's a cam break-in....

I'm just not sure if I should set the heads up with the old carbs and get everything in check, or the other way get the carbs set up and then pull the motor and do the heads..
But if you want to compare the heads against what you have, I'd do the heads first....

-
Back