ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
are they bad? Ports look HUGE

I've done several of those. The bowls are too big for me to leave a 45 degree valve job on them. A 50 and you do about a 7 second buff under the bottom cut and go.

IIRC there is a carbuncle in the intake ports under a rocker arm bolt. I took all of that out. They also leave a pretty good bump in the port wall for the oil feed to the rockers. I buffed it off, but lost my courage to remove it.

The biggest PITA was the Edelbrock intake. Plenty of core shift, massively undersized runners and the plenum ate donkey poo. I spent triple the time on the intake compared to the heads. Just straight junk.

On a 505 inch low deck it went over 800 HP with the "wrong" ignition and a carb that was "too big".

I've done several of those. The bowls are too big for me to leave a 45 degree valve job on them. A 50 and you do about a 7 second buff under the bottom cut and go.

IIRC there is a carbuncle in the intake ports under a rocker arm bolt. I took all of that out. They also leave a pretty good bump in the port wall for the oil feed to the rockers. I buffed it off, but lost my courage to remove it.

The biggest PITA was the Edelbrock intake. Plenty of core shift, massively undersized runners and the plenum ate donkey poo. I spent triple the time on the intake compared to the heads. Just straight junk.

On a 505 inch low deck it went over 800 HP with the "wrong" ignition and a carb that was "too big".
Thanks for the feedback!!!!! They look aggressive by the eye "out of the box" for a mild street build

Those heads are fine.
It’s really no different than any other head/application.

If it’s the right head for what you’re doing....... the project should be successful.
If you end up with a hodge-podge mish-mash of parts bolted together as a motor...... it’s not likely going to be great.
Like putting 302 heads and a stock 318 2bbl intake on a 444” stroker...... and thinking it’s going to make big power.
They might be really nice 302 heads, and it might be a wonderful 444” short block. Nothing wrong with either the top end or bottom end.
But they don’t belong together.

Those heads are fine.
It’s really no different than any other head/application.

If it’s the right head for what you’re doing....... the project should be successful.
If you end up with a hodge-podge mish-mash of parts bolted together as a motor...... it’s not likely going to be great.
Like putting 302 heads and a stock 318 2bbl intake on a 444” stroker...... and thinking it’s going to make big power.
They might be really nice 302 heads, and it might be a wonderful 444” short block. Nothing wrong with either the top end or bottom end.
But they don’t belong together.
Honestly, it will be a hodge-podge. LOL. Not look'n for 800 hp. Can't imagine if I bought a 300 dollar good running 440 from a '76 New Yorker, that these heads would slow it up, though, along with a bump in camshaft and headers. Would I utilize the max from the heads? nope. I understand that.

For what you’re describing, I wouldn’t do any more than a minimal amount of blending under the VJ.

Last edited:
IMG_20191213_112637.jpg
IMG_20191213_112650.jpg

Well the set of big block heads left here looked pretty decent there was no major blemishes from delivery. When we stuck a straight edge across the tops of the valve stems I believe the exhaust were quite a bit higher than the intakes or the other way around..

Pro Comp or SM boxes?

Was there any date on the heads?

The BB 210cc heads I have here have no date on them....... and the fancy etching on the ends.

620C715A-68C9-4E06-A9A1-496C18372691.jpeg

Pro Comp or SM boxes?

Was there any date on the heads?

The BB 210cc heads I have here have no date on them....... and the fancy etching on the ends.

View attachment 1715437391
they were Speedmaster boxes just like my small block heads. I swear one said 2014-1 said 2018.. no script on them like those that I noticed..
I got another couple hours to put it in here on grandson of seed truck and I'll chat some more about what I seen..

If one of them was as new as 2018....... I’m kinda surprised they don’t do a better job of keeping the inventory rotated so the stuff that’s been there the longest....... goes first.

If I’m not mistaken....... the first Mopar head Pro Comp offered was that Ede Victor copy.
Those have been on the market for several years now(at least 10).

Last edited:
Received email today that the last order was being shipped...did not get a tracking number...but I got something...tracking number will come went Fed Ex picks up the package

Well, loading up the truck and heading out to Rialto Ca., guess I gotta go through the damm drive through to get My stuff !

Reading the email again....it is not coming Fed EX.....lol....On Pallet....

SHIPPING METHOD
Pallet Order

Haven't heard anything on my order. No tracking no. Just a email for the receipt. Can't get anyone on the phone. Called them Monday and they said to call back in a couple days but cant get through.

Haven't heard anything on my order. No tracking no. Just a email for the receipt. Can't get anyone on the phone. Called them Monday and they said to call back in a couple days but cant get through.

Uh Huh, welcome to My boat !

Haven't heard anything on my order. No tracking no. Just a email for the receipt.
Same here. I ordered late afternoon on Monday Dec 2nd. It looks like the small block valve covers I ordered are showing out of stock on their web site. I figure that is likely part of the holdup. I am in no hurry, but the wait is torture.

Same here. I ordered late afternoon on Monday Dec 2nd. It looks like the small block valve covers I ordered are showing out of stock on their web site. I figure that is likely part of the holdup. I am in no hurry, but the wait is torture.
I have my absolute favorite valve covers on my car now but at the price those Speedmaster valve covers raised an eyebrow for me..

You guys need to calm down a little bit..
They claimed 1800 orders a day and 400 employees... Ad a 40% off Black Friday sale to that...

You can imagine just us Mopar guys aren't the only ones who jumped on the deal.. I got a Pontiac customer who still kicking himself in the butt for not pulling the trigger...

You can imagine just us Mopar guys aren't the only ones who jumped on the deal.. I got a Pontiac customer who still kicking himself in the butt for not pulling the trigger...
I poked around the website. They have a lot of stuff.

-
Back