ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
You can imagine just us Mopar guys aren't the only ones who jumped on the deal.. I got a Pontiac customer who still kicking himself in the butt for not pulling the trigger...
You're gonna replace the valve locks with a known quality comp lock. Aren't you.
If something was to fail it would be a lock. Cheap insurance.

Part of the reason you’re having trouble getting them on the phone is, this weekend is the PRI trade show in Indy.
Should have better luck with contacts next week.

You're gonna replace the valve locks with a known quality comp lock. Aren't you.
If something was to fail it would be a lock. Cheap insurance.
Not a bad idea. It looked like the l locks need a little extra material. There's quite a gap there.

20191211_154634.jpg

Not a bad idea. It looked like the l locks need a little extra material. There's quite a gap there.

View attachment 1715437649
You want that gap, helps grab the valve. From the factory the exhaust locks butted each other, allowing the valve to rotate. Old trick was to grind the ends down so there was a gap allowing them to really grab the valve stem.

I would do them both, a matched set as in known quality comp units.
Where does it stop? Shouldn't we get better valves as well cuz they're Chinese..
Machine shop said the seats are junk and so are the valve guides and that will be $800 to fix...
I've yet to find ONE thing wrong with these heads... I put a piece of glass across the tips and their perfect in the stirrups and perfect..
The absolutely only thing wrong I found with these heads are the people that have never used them...
The internet giveth with one hand and take away with the other..
I swear if it wasn't for the internet I would have just been elated with these heads at that price and give them a bath and slap them on...

Jpar you had better pray to the car gods!!!!!
Because if that head lets go, in any way! YOU will be the one hiding on another forum/ sight to let things cool down.

Yeah, i know, i just Kick your sand castle:rolleyes:.

Jpar you had better pray to the car gods!!!!!
Because if that head lets go, in any way! YOU will be the one hiding on another forum/ sight to let things cool down.

Yeah, i know, i just Kick your sand castle:rolleyes:.
If they fail they fail...
Nothing to hide about.. honestly after 5 years of trashing on this motor I'm kind of surprised it's held up this long.. really we've read about one failure from a guy who's rocker arm bolts came loose...
I really really hope that nothing happens to your motor and doesn't blow up as well..:rolleyes:..

If they fail they fail...
Nothing to hide about.. honestly after 5 years of trashing on this motor I'm kind of surprised it's held up this long.. really we've read about one failure from a guy who's rocker arm bolts came loose...
I really really hope that nothing happens to your motor and doesn't blow up as well..:rolleyes:..

Me two it will take another 5 years to build another one.

Me two it will take another 5 years to build another one.
knowing what I know now I would probably just pick up what parts are good, machine the block or machine a new one that I have sitting out in the shed and do it all again myself...

No one's ever worked with someone here in America that was Chinese? Did you question their work? LOL did you recommend that people not use what they produced because LOL a Chinese person put it together LOL oh boy..

No one's ever worked with someone here in America that was Chinese? Did you question their work? LOL did you recommend that people not use what they produced because LOL a Chinese person put it together LOL oh boy..
here they would be getting paid to do the job, with benefits. Over there, they have nets outside the windows in case they try to jump...………

just type in "suicide nets", and you may stop.....
Come on? Really?.. I'm not typing something like that in..
so you really think you did a better job of putting those retainers back in then anybody else would or they were when you got them?... Just stop..

Come on? Really?.. I'm not typing something like that in..
so you really think you did a better job of putting those retainers back in then anybody else would or they were when you got them?... Just stop..
I think fishman67 was talk'n about the quality of the retainers and locks. I don't think he was slam'n the Chinese person that assembled them. You brought that up.

I think fishman67 was talk'n about the quality of the retainers and locks. I don't think he was slam'n the Chinese person that assembled them. You brought that up.
just all of it it's just all putting boogeyman's in people's heads or they're it's the people that made it for the quality of the valves or the quality of the retainers when does it end..

I keep listing all this bull crap I'm the one who's going to jump out the window...lol..

just all of it it's just all putting boogeyman's in people's heads or they're it's the people that made it for the quality of the valves or the quality of the retainers when does it end..
but just wanted to point out that fishmen67 spoke of quality of material, and that it was YOU that brought up the Chinese individual, as assembler. See how fast you turned this as he was anti-Chinese worker, when quality of steel was what was questioned. HUGE difference.

-
Back