ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
Of course, 318wills BB heads appear to be old enough stock that they didn’t even come in “speedmaster” boxes.

The BB heads that were recently sent to me actually have decent foam clamshells inside the cardboard boxes to keep the heads from flopping all around.
They are SM boxes..... not Pro Comp boxes.

Of course, 318wills BB heads appear to be old enough stock that they didn’t even come in “speedmaster” boxes.

The BB heads that were recently sent to me actually have decent foam clamshells inside the cardboard boxes to keep the heads from flopping all around.
2014 is stamped on the heads.

A pain in the *** but i would contact them and ask for a call tag for a return. You ordered new, paid for new and you should get new.
yeah, but you are right the hassle just isn't worth it. It's just cosmetics to this point. I was just a little disappointed. And, they didn't send me the push rod length adjuster either (I know, peanuts on the dollar).

yeah, but you are right the hassle just isn't worth it. It's just cosmetics to this point. I was just a little disappointed. And, they didn't send me the push rod length adjuster either (I know, peanuts on the dollar).
Squeaky wheel gets the oil and closed mouth doesn't get fed... I would say something...
I have a member from across the river coming to pick up his big block heads today and the Box doesn't seem damaged just heavy as hell.. maybe he will open the big cardboard box and we can see the smaller boxes when he gets here but maybe not it's going to be up to him it's his stuff...

Squeaky wheel gets the oil and closed mouth doesn't get fed... I would say something...
I have a member from across the river coming to pick up his big block heads today and the Box doesn't seem damaged just heavy as hell.. maybe he will open the big cardboard box and we can see the smaller boxes when he gets here but maybe not it's going to be up to him it's his stuff...
closed mouth speaks the loudest when he takes his money elsewhere

closed mouth speaks the loudest when he takes his money elsewhere
That don't mean s*** to them.. they already got your money twice if not more.. I would call and say these brand new heads are all chipped up.. I paid for brand new heads and this is not what I ordered. And then compounded with the part that you did not receive.. and then start quoting all their great packing procedures that they pat themselves on the back about... You know me though I'm a dog with a bone when it comes to stuff like this...

That don't mean s*** to them.. they already got your money twice if not more.. I would call and say these brand new heads are all chipped up.. I paid for brand new heads and this is not what I ordered. And then compounded with the part that you did not receive.. and then start quoting all their great packing procedures that they pat themselves on the back about... You know me though I'm a dog with a bone when it comes to stuff like this...
yeah, I have the pictures. I may, but I doubt it. They only got 1 out of 3 orders right. And then throw in the other folks orders, like yours with ford heads...….

yeah, I have the pictures. I may, but I doubt it. They only got 1 out of 3 orders right. And then throw in the other folks orders, like yours with ford heads...….
I'd call them with the beat up heads the lack of parts that were supposed to be in there and all I've read about their great packing procedures and be very polite and very country dumb about it. And I'd absolutely call first thing in the morning as when I did they admittedly said this was the best time to call... They're fresh they've been drinking their coffee and it's not busy yet... My-2..

You're not the average Joe. Charlie Chan delivered them in person. :D

My feeling is, the reason 318will got heads from 2014....... is because that’s about the age of what they have available for that particular head.
That’s the Ede Victor copy, which I rarely hear about people using.
I think SM finally decided to get aggressive with the pricing/marketing on that head to move them out of the warehouse.

I guess what I’m saying is...... I’d be pretty surprised if there are any of those with 2018/2019 production dates.

I’m pretty sure the 210cc head is much more popular.
When they’re available, they seem to sell those out pretty quickly.

My feeling is, the reason 318will got heads from 2014....... is because that’s about the age of what they have available for that particular head.
That’s the Ede Victor copy, which I rarely hear about people using.
are they bad? Ports look HUGE

-
Back