Alignment

-

williaml

Reaction score
I took my 65 Dart to have a wheel alignment. The mechanic told me it was hard for him to do the alignment because the height of the car is not standard. He claims someone raised the height of the car. He did say he did one side and the other side some of the adjustments. The only thing I have done was changed out the rims from the 13" to 14" in front and 15" in the rear. Should I take it to another shop or does tis sound like he knew what he was doing? To me it didn't sound right....

Thanks for reading....

Take it to another shop. That guy did not know what he was doing. Part of the alignment on an old Mopar should include setting the height. In fact, it is the first thing that he should do, then do the rest of the alignment.

You're hearing that because alignment "mechanics" nowadays are used to setting the toe, because that's all that's adjustable on a lot of cars nowadays. Find another shop. He's an idiot.

i agree your dealing with an idiot. find a guy that adjust things by the numbers not wether the light on the screen is red or green.

i know its a hike but this guy is very good. not cheap either but he really knows what he is doing.

Jack's Alignment Service Inc
Category: Auto Repair [Edit]
324 Atsion Rd
Shamong, NJ 08088
(609) 654-8287

Yup,this guy dosen't have a clue. Like Krazykuda said,setting the ride height is the frist step. also caster & camber will be different from factory specs if your runnin' radial tires.

also caster & camber will be different from factory specs if your runnin' radial tires.

wrjjol.jpg

Do NOT let these guys use factory specs with radial tires

From All Par.com

http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/front-end-alignment.html

The "skosh chart" gives you updated specs for radial tires

Attachments

• skoshChart.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 175
-
Back