all go some show 70 duster

-

connerray

Reaction score
New to the Mopar/Plymouth scene. Picked me up a 70 duster for 1k$. 90% there with the exception of no motor. Was a /6 but Going to be a 360/727 swap and mabey a stroker 408 some time in the future. Should get me a 360 for 150$ tomorrow. Slowly but surly starting on the in side Working my out. Here is a photo to get things started.View attachment IMG_20130620_171743_396.jpg

View attachment IMG_20130614_195653_094.jpg

View attachment IMG_20130619_145706.jpg
Love that silver matallic. Going with a dark metallic blue, metallic silver and glossy black. Should look nice if it turns out like I have it in my head
View attachment IMG_20130620_171801_318-1.jpg

Try and get a la roller block 360. Even if you pay more for that roller block, you will be miles ahead of the game with that roller.

Welcome aboard, I see this must be the car the trans came out of you have for sale.
Let me do some searching and see what year the 360 roller came out, I know the trucks got them first, roller lifters..

the roller blocks started in 93 I think. The one I was going to pic up for $150 was out of a 96 truck complete from pan to TBI. Passed it up cause the cost of an intake to swap carb then the dizzy and add electric full pump, could buy a built LA for that around here. So plans have changed and heading in to the big block scene.

the roller blocks started in 93 I think. The one I was going to pic up for $150 was out of a 96 truck complete from pan to TBI. Passed it up cause the cost of an intake to swap carb then the dizzy and add electric full pump, could buy a built LA for that around here. So plans have changed and heading in to the big block scene.

Roller blocks started in the late 80s and were still LA blocks. Starting in 93 they switched to the magnum block.
If you think that 360 wasn't cheap, wait till you start pricing/buying big block stuff and all the big block specific stuff you need.
Personally I'd stick with the small block or a gen 3 Hemi swap.

Big block stuff is crawling on craigslist around here. And also I can find 2-3 big blocks to every small block on my local CL. There's no doubt that's cheap for a 96 360. Been debating on buying just to flip a profit.
But a 400 big block is screaming my name... found one running, pan to carb for 250.

-
Back