ALL I wanted was a little fun

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So after arguing with the TF, and getting the manual body installed, I decided to go for a ride this aft.

Thought maybe I'd go out Huetter road on the "prairie."

So I was toolin down Seltice way, coming up on Huetter, and LOOK WHERE THE MOUSE ARROW IS, was a Dep -yew- tee parked FACING THE WRONG WAY on the left shoulder of the divided road.

If you or I did this, we'd get a big fat ticket and get our car towed

Not only that, if YOU were going down a divided road in the left lane, AND CAME ACROSS A CAR FACING YOU don't'cha think this might be more than a little upsetting?

2dshicz.jpg

So THEN I'm toolin' down Huetter road, also a 45 zone, and the GPS claims I'm well below 50, AND HERE COMES a dea-puuu-tee sheriff in a pu truck. GEEZUS on a Krutch, ya think we have enough patrols on them thar secondary roads on a damn holiday?

Yeah but their on duty, in uniform with a fully mark unit--correct?

That is how it is, they can cut across the freeways also. Once in a great while one does get hit. We had a cop get killed on the freeway over here a few years back. Was around 2am and he just made a drunk driving arrest and wen to make a U turn. As he cut across from the right shoulder to the left high speed lane a Mustang do around 80 T bone him--killed the cop right then and there--the drunk in the backseat wasn't hurt too bad--cops claimed.

The guy in the Mustang was drinking, drunk and underage. However he was coming back from Windsor Canada where the drinking age is just 19 and he was just a little drunk so they hit him on a 2nd murder charge, he got off, not guilty on the cops death, did get found guilty for drink driving.

Was on I-75 in Tory Michigan

Here is what i found, didn't read it fully yet--but hey you need to look both ways before you cross the road--even for the police, Could not find the link but the title is

WHO KILLED OFFICER GARY DAVIS?

Joshua Campbell killed Officer Gary Davis at 2:45 A.M. on May 13, 2004, by broadsiding him
while driving at an excessive speed, because he was legally drunk, and not in control of his car.
Joshua Campbell was tried for second degree murder and manslaughter. In October, 2005, the
jury acquitted Mr. Campbell of all felony charges because the evidence presented at the trial
showed that negligent driving by Officer Gary Davis contributed to the accident. Officer Gary
Davis was bipolar (manic-depressive), and this paper will strongly suggest that the bipolar illness
was responsible for the actions of Officer Davis that led to his death. Who was responsible for
placing Officer Gary Davis alone in the police car? The prosecutor wanted to put Joshua
Campbell in prison for the rest of his life. I recommended that the Bloomfield Township Chief
of Police Jeffrey Werner be replaced because as the chief of a small police department he should
be held accountable for the job assignment of Officer Davis. I present my analysis of the case,
and make recommendations in order to try to prevent a repeat of this tragic event.

The prosecutor could not obtain any type of felony conviction because the jury had doubts about
the guilt of Joshua Campbell. The jury decided that Officer Gary Davis's negligence contributed
to his death. Shortly before the accident the officer had arrested another drunk driver on south
bound I-75 in Troy, Michigan. After handcuffing and placing the drunk on the right side of the
back seat without a seat belt the officer drove off without using a seat belt. He was talking and
had just made an ethnic joke about the drunk prisoner when he was broadsided. The drunk who
was severely injured in the accident testified in court that the officer was looking at him when
struck by the other car. During the same time that the officer was talking and joking he was
trying to go from the right shoulder across the three lanes of south bound I-75 in order to get to
the emergency turn around. Apparently he felt that he could save some time in getting to the
police station by going on north bound I-75. The prosecutor's expert witness who reconstructed
the accident stated that there was no visual obstruction between officer Davis and the car that
eventually struck him. Officer Davis was seven seconds into the maneuver and traveling at
about nine miles per hour when hit by the Ford Focus. There was no court testimony to indicate
that the officer took any evasive actions to avoid being struck by the Ford Focus. I conclude that
Officer Davis did not look before he started the cross over maneuver, and did not look during the
seven seconds while he was making the fatal turn. The jury acquitted Joshua Campbell because
it felt that Officer Davis was negligent, and his negligence contributed to the accident. The jury
held Officer Davis to the highest of standards, because he was a police officer. The jury did not
have to know why Officer Gary Davis was negligent.
The key question is why Officer Gary Davis did not look before or during the turn?
Unfortunately, that question can never be correctly answered because the officer is dead. The
answer will always be open for debate. I would like to present my theory, and hope that it will
prevent this terrible tragedy from happening again. It was not publicly revealed until shortly
before the trial that Officer Gary Davis was taking two drugs, Prozac and Depakote. This
combination of drugs is used to treat bipolar illness. The fact that Officer Davis was bipolar was
not discussed in depth at the trial. The defense made its point without bringing forth a lot of
personal information about Officer Davis, although Richard Lustig, the defense att

So after arguing with the TF, and getting the manual body installed, I decided to go for a ride this aft.

So I was toolin down Seltice way, coming up on Huetter, and LOOK WHERE THE MOUSE ARROW IS, was a Dep -yew- tee parked FACING THE WRONG WAY on the left shoulder of the divided road.

Not only that, if YOU were going down a divided road in the left lane, AND CAME ACROSS A CAR FACING YOU don't'cha think this might be more than a little upsetting?

2dshicz.jpg

So THEN I'm toolin' down Huetter road, also a 45 zone, and the GPS claims I'm well below 50, AND HERE COMES a dea-puuu-tee sheriff in a pu truck. GEEZUS on a Krutch, ya think we have enough patrols on them thar secondary roads on a damn holiday?

wow, 67, I have had a reallt long weekend, am tired and that was hard to read and ingest what the heck you were saying man! lol

:coffee2:

We had a cop get killed..............................................................

None of the above has a thing to do with my point -- that a cop is putting himself and others in danger just so he can write a speeding ticket, "maybe."

I use that road some, and I can say that speeding is not what comes to mind when I think of it.

But, see, he couldn't HIDE on the correct shoulder. There are plenty of "wide" areas off the right side of that road, but that's not as much fun as "getting" someone who can't see you.

We all know they are above the law, or so they think. I was coming back from Milan Dragway on Saturday and there was a cop sitting on interstate 94 facing east on the westbound side, waiting for speeders. Now imagine that cop flipping around to go west after someone in 2 lane traffic going 80 MPH.

Sure, there are some dumb, arrogant cops out there. There are some dumb, arrogant everything out there, dentists, doctors, mechanics, store clerks, etc.

But the vast majority of cops are out there trying to make the world a more safer place for you, me and our families.

2dshicz.jpg

Hey, you're a lot closer to me than I thought.

Sure, there are some dumb, arrogant cops out there. There are some dumb, arrogant everything out there, dentists, doctors, mechanics, store clerks, etc.

You got that right.

But the vast majority of cops are out there trying to make the world a more safer place for you, me and our families.

And I agree, but you have to admit a lot of them do not lead by example. I think that's the point being made here. They do things that you and I would get ticketed for. Speeding, parking the wrong way against traffic, illegally parking. I have had cops blow by me on the interstate 80 or 90 miles an hour, people say oh they must be going on a call, if so they should be running with lights and siren.

.....the vast majority of cops are out there trying to make the world a more safer place for you, me and our families.

Maybe, maybe not. There are a number that "are" for all the wrong reasons. Power trip, fer 'xample. This one--parked facing the wrong way on a divided road sure was not "making a safer place"

t a lot of them do not lead by example. I think that's the point being made here. They do things that you and I would get ticketed for.

X --ACTly

What I'm MOST concerned about this trick, is NOT "hiding" but the fact that he's facing the wrong way on the shoulder of a divided road --where there should NOT be "headlights" --day or night-- facing you.

If the "good" ones would clean their own ranks instead of blindly standing behind and supporting the "bad" ones, I'd be a lot more apt to accept the bad apple excuse that always gets floated.

if the "good" ones would clean their own ranks instead of blindly standing behind and supporting the "bad" ones, i'd be a lot more apt to accept the bad apple excuse that always gets floated.

x2!

If the "good" ones would clean their own ranks instead of blindly standing behind and supporting the "bad" ones, I'd be a lot more apt to accept the bad apple excuse that always gets floated.

:thumbup:

I used to work near there. Usually there is one sitting in the middle clocking cars in both directions, and two others chasing down the speeders. Personally, I think they should have more speed traps on that road. A lot of people drive way too fast through there.

Any how do we know they aren't doing that?

A couple of years ago, I was driving through Georgia, southbound on I-95 at night, in the right lane coming home from a race. All of a sudden I see a car on the right shoulder perpendicular to the highway with its bumper pretty close to the road. Not knowing what he was doing, I swerved some to make sure I didn't hit or get hit. It scared me enough to call 911 and report it.....mentioning that it was very likely a cop car!

Sure enough, coming home this weekend, there he was again, or another one, sitting the same way, I guess running radar. At least this time it was daylight, late in the afternoon.
Don't know if it's the same cop or something done by other GA highway patrol officers, but in my opinion, it's a wreckless and suicidal practice to be parked that way, ESPECIALLY at night. Fine, do your job. But don't be an idiot and endanger others as well as yourself.

Cruising along at 55 on the main road near my house I approached an intersection with a county sheriff sitting at the stop sign to my left. Just as I approached the intersection he made a left turn into my lane forcing me to slam on my brakes. Instead of accelerating up to 55 to match my speed, he kept it at 35.

I threw both my arms up like WTF!! He pulled over onto the shoulder and let me pass and let one car get in between us. The speed limit on the road drops from 55 to 45 then to 35 as it goes through a residential area. I slowed to the speed limit in each zone before pulling up to the stop sign at the end of the road. I made my right turn onto US60 where the limit is 65. I punched it up to the limit and clicked on my cruise control, knowing full well he was still only one car back.

He made his turn onto US60 and punched it to catch up to me. He pulled in behind me and paced me. Must have pissed him off that I was going dead nutz on the limit. He pulled out from behind me, punched it and took off down the highway like a bat out of hell. Must have been doing a good 85.

He obviously didn't like that I questioned his driving abilities when I threw my arms up in frustration and was doing his damnedest to nail me for something! What an ***!! Had I broad sided him when he pulled out in front of me, it would have obviously been his fault since left turners are ALWAYS at fault when involved in an accident in AZ. If his buddies tried to bust me for excessive speed, I would have pulled the damn airbag computer out of the car right then and there since it stores your speed immediately before the collision.

A couple of years ago, I was driving through Georgia, southbound on I-95 at night, in the right lane coming home from a race. All of a sudden I see a car on the right shoulder perpendicular to the highway with its bumper pretty close to the road. Not knowing what he was doing, I swerved some to make sure I didn't hit or get hit. It scared me enough to call 911 and report it.....mentioning that it was very likely a cop car!

Sure enough, coming home this weekend, there he was again, or another one, sitting the same way, I guess running radar. At least this time it was daylight, late in the afternoon.
Don't know if it's the same cop or something done by other GA highway patrol officers, but in my opinion, it's a wreckless and suicidal practice to be parked that way, ESPECIALLY at night. Fine, do your job. But don't be an idiot and endanger others as well as yourself.

I love the ones that lecture YOU about putting THEIR lives in danger by going 15 over. As if we put a gun to their heads and made them be cops or made them park next to a posted 65 mph road. :banghead: Or maybe it's our fault that their POS Crown Vics explode like a Pinto when rear ended :angry7:

Any how do we know they aren't doing that?

I could give you several examples right in my back yard, that they aren't. I know several officers and one police chief. The officers, some of them, maybe one of them is a standup guy. The chief is a pretty good egg too. But there are far too many that aren't.

One cop here got busted a few years back after he pulled over a girl on her way home and said he would let her go for favors. When she got home she call the State Police and they wired her, she called the cop back and said she reconsidered and would he come over, only to be arrested.

Had a couple more from two different departments here local put their heads together to cover up a small fender bender that one of the officers was in, he had been to a party and had a couple, they got caught in a lie and both lost their jobs.

Had another one go to his neighbors to ask them to quiet down as they were being loud, took his service weapon with him, there was an accidental shooting that injured one of the party goers.

Had another put a kid in the backseat of his cruiser at the high school without frisking him, the kid had a gun on him and committed suicide in the back seat.

All of this has transpired in a very small rural community, I can't imagine what the larger departments are like.

What gripes me like I said before a lot of them think they are above the law and can do as they please, when we have to follow the law or suffer the consequences if caught.

And I agree, but you have to admit a lot of them do not lead by example. I think that's the point being made here. They do things that you and I would get ticketed for. Speeding, parking the wrong way against traffic, illegally parking. I have had cops blow by me on the interstate 80 or 90 miles an hour, people say oh they must be going on a call, if so they should be running with lights and siren.

I agree with this completely. I was headed home from the Dr. the other day going dow a 2 lane 2 way street with parking (35 mph zone, I was doing 35) and sitting on the sidewalk at the end of the parked cars was a motorcycle cop with his radar gun. It would have been very dangerous for him to have dropped off the sidewalk and went after someone since the last vehicle parked there was a Ford Explorer.

If I parked my motorcycle on the sidewalk I would have gotten and if not at the bike it probably would hav been towed.

What gripes me like I said before a lot of them think they are above the law and can do as they please, when we have to follow the law or suffer the consequences if caught.

Crooked judges don't help...

My wife went to court with an independent witness to fight a ticket. The witness wasn't a friend or relative. The guy took time off work to come to my wife's defense. The judge said: "Who do you expect me to believe, you two or this officer". GUILTY!

Crooked judges don't help...

My wife went to court with an independent witness to fight a ticket. The witness wasn't a friend or relative. The guy took time off work to come to my wife's defense. The judge said: "Who do you expect me to believe, you two or this officer". GUILTY!

oh boy.

-
Back