All that is left of the Acura

-
So do you think that this "kid's" parents are gonna be proud of him and tell everyone at the funeral that he tried to rob a place after stealing a car and drove like an *** and then wiped out and got killed?

I doubt the parents are proud of their child engaging in criminal activity.

I also doubt details leading to his death will be openly discussed by his parents with attendees of the funeral.

If my son made choices like this, he wouldn't be living under my roof. I would kick him out and tell him not to come back until he got his **** together.

There are many ways to parent. I prefer help, nurturing, guidance and possibly professional help.

But if my son had done this and died, I would be sad and realize that he did take the risk and lost. He would have deserved it because of the wrong choices that he made.

Reactions to death of a loved one differ greatly. I personally would never feel that my son deserved to die because he stole a car.

Reactions to death of a loved one differ greatly. I personally would never feel that my son deserved to die because he stole a car.

I may not feel that he deserved it, but it was a consequence of his actions and poor judgement. I would know that it was a result of his poor judgement and still blame myself a little for allowing him to get that far out of control. Luckly, my son doesnt do that kind of stuff.

But stooping to stealing a car, running from the police, and trying to rob a business is getting pretty out of control. My kids know better than to do that, thankfully.

Really?? So I stole a pocket book when I was 15....that mean Im a borderline diddler?? Gimme a f'n break.....

There's a difference between stealing a candy bar etc from a local grocery store or 7-11 when you were a kid, than stealing a car. HUGE difference.

My mom caught me once after I stole some candy and took me back to the store and made me give the candy back to them and apologize. I was so embarrased, I didn't do it anymore.

But I've never robbed a business, or stolen a car. I knew better, even when I was a teenager.

I think this whole "deserve" thing is a matter of semantics.

Did he "deserve" to die in a general sense? No, he was a person, a young one no less, and his death is sad and unfortunate.

But due to his actions, he caused his own demise. No one else did. And it wasn't natural or an "accident". He decided to do certain things, taking extreme risks with his life, and there was a cause and effect relationship that led to his death. That's the meaning of "deserve" in this context.

Conversely, if he had killed an innocent bystander with his actions, that victim would not have "deserved" to die because they died through no intentional action they took.

It's not about being heartless at all. It's about seeing a clear cause and effect based on someone's irresponsible actions. It's just that simple.

There are many ways to parent. I prefer help, nurturing, guidance and possibly professional help.

That's why there's so many f'ed up kids now a days too many folks don't believe in a good ole *** whoopin [as many as it takes]!!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I parented the same way we were raised, our boys were allowed freedom with rules if you broke the rules you were punished [*** whoopins, grounded, loss of all personal items] they were told if they got in trouble and went to Juvenile Detention or [as they got older] Jail that's where they was staying, we taught them right from wrong and they turned out great both are smart, well liked, in collage, employed, paying for cars, bills ect. If one of them had been this young man I would be heartbroken no doubt, but I would know we did everything to teach him to be a good person and he made bad choices!!!

+1

i think this whole "deserve" thing is a matter of semantics.

Did he "deserve" to die in a general sense? No, he was a person, a young one no less, and his death is sad and unfortunate.

But due to his actions, he caused his own demise. No one else did. And it wasn't natural or an "accident". He decided to do certain things, taking extreme risks with his life, and there was a cause and effect relationship that led to his death. That's the meaning of "deserve" in this context.

Conversely, if he had killed an innocent bystander with his actions, that victim would not have "deserved" to die because they died through no intentional action they took.

It's not about being heartless at all. It's about seeing a clear cause and effect based on someone's irresponsible actions. It's just that simple.

I may not feel that he deserved it, but it was a consequence of his actions and poor judgement. I would know that it was a result of his poor judgement and still blame myself a little for allowing him to get that far out of control. Luckly, my son doesnt do that kind of stuff.

But stooping to stealing a car, running from the police, and trying to rob a business is getting pretty out of control. My kids know better than to do that, thankfully.

Amen sir, if I did something unlawful my father would have whooped me into next week [i'm here to tell ya cause he did it more than once] and I turned out pretty good [little bumpy in the younger years] but overall good!!!

So I turn on the news this morning and hear how two "teens" beat an 88 year old WWII vet to death. Spokane WA . Would their actions be considered "bad decisions?

Wow, that is really sad....especially about a war vet and one from WWII...what the hell is wrong with people. :banghead:

I saw something also about 2 or 3 teens that killed this fella just to see how it felt "thrill kill" I hope they get to see how old sparky feels!!!! But alas the bleeding hearts will say they are only children they deserve some mental help and care!

Now, if I may inquire, how's the young lady doing?
She is still pretty broken up. When she first saw pictures of the wreckage, ( the police wouldn't let her see the car...active criminal investigation and all ) I found that news outlet pic. When she saw it, she said "Momma, he killed my car" and cried for about 10 minutes. She even posted RIP Austin on her FB page. I told her, when she was ready, we'd take a couple days, and find her another car, that the important thing was, she was safe. Her mom, she was still crying last night...so I got her drunk LOL...

j

Do we wanna organize something for the OP's daughter? Is the insurance gonna cut them a check for $3K or what?
I know the generosity of the forum, and appreciate the thought, but the car was fully insured, and we are well enough off to be able to absorb the loss. We may not be able to build that dream house for another year, but that was in the plan to begin with. She is using our Chrysler 200 till we get settled with the Ins company. They have been good so far. Lets see how they are when it comes time to pay out. There are others here that are far more deserving of the generosity of this forum. Thank you tho, for your consideration.

j

Glad she wasn't hurt. However, silver lining is that she has an opportunity to fall in love with a Mopar!

She is still pretty broken up. When she first saw pictures of the wreckage, ( the police wouldn't let her see the car...active criminal investigation and all ) I found that news outlet pic. When she saw it, she said "Momma, he killed my car" and cried for about 10 minutes. She even posted RIP Austin on her FB page. I told her, when she was ready, we'd take a couple days, and find her another car, that the important thing was, she was safe. Her mom, she was still crying last night...so I got her drunk LOL...

j

Very magnanimous of her.

Let us know further how she (and her mom) are holding up.

I give you my sympathies, I'm sure your daughter is pretty shaken up. This is part of why certain things are not given to people under a certain age. Their brains have not developed.
Just a quick note...she earned every bit of that car. She saved up from odd jobs, then got a part time job...saved more, and put $1400 down at a used car lot. She paid her car payments on time, in full each month. She even picked up a second part time job, since she wasn't able to find full time work, to try and pay it off sooner. She also did a lot of work on it fixing minor issues and servicing. This was every bit her car.

That hill billy guy kills me! Because you know the "other" person that stole the car sold it to the guy that died in just a few hours of stealing it in the middle of the night right!?
I guess my comments offended the delicate natures of someone, and were removed. Now I am being called out, but liberals...of all people LOL!

I sent an email to the publication asking for clarification as to why my comments were removed. I'll be surprised if I get a response...

j

Amen sir, if I did something unlawful my father would have whooped me into next week [i'm here to tell ya cause he did it more than once] and I turned out pretty good [little bumpy in the younger years] but overall good!!!

Unfortunately, nowadays that is not "politically correct" and you can be accused of "child abuse".

But it's becoming obvious that "time outs" are not severe enough to work like the old *** whooping with a belt where they could not sit for a few days afterwards. Even though many people have stories about how their father whooped their *** with a belt like that and "I never did that again". It did work!

Unfortunately, nowadays that is not "politically correct" and you can be accused of "child abuse".

But it's becoming obvious that "time outs" are not severe enough to work like the old *** whooping with a belt where they could not sit for a few days afterwards. Even though many people have stories about how their father whooped their *** with a belt like that and "I never did that again". It did work!
I can think of more than one *** whoopin I got, that sure enough set me straight. Shock, and loss are wearing off, and mom and daughter are recovering well. We are getting back into the routine again, and waiting on the Sheriff's dept to finish it's investigation. The insurance adjuster tells us it's pretty obvious we are looking at a total loss :sad5: and if the investigators don't reply soon to his inquiries, he's going to approve the claim. Then, we have to determine what to do from there.

j

Do we wanna organize something for the OP's daughter? Is the insurance gonna cut them a check for $3K or what?

$3k... doubtful. The insurance company willl only give minimal of what it was worth, especially since it was over 20 years old. To them it's worth dirt...

It's sad that she spent all of that time and money to buy it and fix it up, and now the insurance company will be lucky to give her half of what she invested in it (unless she has a good unsurance company and saved all the receipts, then she may get a little more than that).

I hope that she can find another car that she likes as well as that one and will be happy with. She didn't deserve this.

That is why I stated earlier that the perp got what he deserved for stealing it and robbing somewhere and getting in a high-speed chase and cutting a utility pole in half and wrecking 7 cars in a dealer parking lot and then getting killed from it all.... He caused alot of greif for many innocent people, luckily he didn't take out any more while driving like an a--hole to try to escape the police (which is pretty much futile nowadays).

I can think of more than one *** whoopin I got, that sure enough set me straight. Shock, and loss are wearing off, and mom and daughter are recovering well. We are getting back into the routine again, and waiting on the Sheriff's dept to finish it's investigation. The insurance adjuster tells us it's pretty obvious we are looking at a total loss :sad5: and if the investigators don't reply soon to his inquiries, he's going to approve the claim. Then, we have to determine what to do from there.

j

That's for damn sure! Lol my grandmother would not only make me get my own switch, but would "test drive" each of them until finding the one she liked!

j

Glad to hear that mom and daughter are getting through it. Hopefully the insurance company is good to them and gives her a reasonable settlement. And yeah, I would agree that the car is totalled... :shock:

That spare tire could possibly still be usable (not to get that particular car home), but I'd be surprised if there is much else. I don't think I've ever seen another car so totally totaled.

-
Back