All that is left of the Acura

-
... Have you ever been stolen from?...?...But if they did their job and brought him up right to know right from wrong, he wouldn't be dead.
Fact is he STOLE the car, then got in a high speed chase with the police, then wrecked SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR. He put many other people's lives on the line when he drove so fast trying to escape without any concern for the citizens or police involved in the chase... Here's the smallest violin playing "my heart cries for him".... :-({|=

Not to mention that the person who's car it was now is without their nice car that was reliable and dependable and has to deal with the aggravation of the insurance company for a settlement......

>>>>>>>> X2 for this shipmate!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!! <<<<<<<<<<

Matthew 7:1-2

“Judge not, that you be not judged...
-True. Very True
It also says to be wise as serpents, and innocent as doves. Which means Judge enough to protect yourself.

krazykuda is not PREJUDGING a living person. It's not just hindsight either. Nor is he holding a grudge against (a living) someone. It's an accepted/tolerated behavior that krazykuda (and many others are) is disgusted with-the similar behavior that incited Jesus to overturn tables and kick butt in the synagogue when people disrespected the Almighty.

Old testament scripture did not tolerate that behavior either-people got stoned to death, etc.

That quote focuses on pre-judging people. We are allowed to condemn bad behavior and judge enough to avoid it. I. E. Move out of Gomora!

If you commit a crime, you should be punished accordingly-which often doesn't happen. And those who live a life of crime can certainly die from the crime - or - live by the sword can die by the sword. -without our sympathies!!

I am TIRED of people twisting quotes to suite (sp?) their purpose!

Some of the comments on that article are truly moronic. How can people make up every excuse to suggest that the criminal was somehow a victim? There are consequences to actions and when you make those wrong choices, it's not a "tragedy", it's the result of those wrong choices. Tragic would be if he had taken out an innocent bystander.

I couldn't agree more.

I've had it with the pity party that everyone has these days. It's the new "cool" thing to do, follow the trend, act like crybabies about everyone's rights, rather than how everyone should be respected. It's very coy and intelligent of everyone to start "thinking outside the box" or "reinventing the wheel" when it comes to things that worked, once, like putting criminals in their place, isn't it?

Blame it on Marilyn Manson, video games, McDonalds or whatever you like. I'll blame the lazy dad who left his belt on when he should have taken it in hand.

"Give them another chance." To do what, exactly?

I honestly think that anyone who is charged with a D.U.I. should lose their driving privileges forever. No second chances, no apologies, just GONE. Get the f-ck out and don't let the door hit you on the ***. You made your easily avoidable, selfish decision, now you can live with it the rest of YOUR life and be thankful if someone else doesn't have to, because of your stupid, conscious, careless decision and risk you decided everyone around you should take.

People who have no respect for the society in which they live, regardless of whichever way they choose to express their disrespect, is moot, they do not deserve any respect in return.

Get her a bumper sticker with a notice that reads
"The person who stole my last car, died in a police chase."

Matthew 7:1-2

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you."

Maybe he can save you a spot.

I don't believe in no boogie man.

Evidently this "misguided individual" mis-judged his measure of driving ability and was pronounced dead.

I couldn't agree more.

Get her a bumper sticker with a notice that reads
"The person who stole my last car, died in a police chase."

I think it would mean more if the bumper sticker were worded:

"The last person who stole my car ended up dead because of it..."

Then get the Clint Eastwood on the opposite side saying, "Feel lucky punk???..."

As far as his driving, if you read the article, he whacked off a utility pole and then still was able to damage 7 cars in a dealer parking lot!!! This guy was flying and out of control.

I stand by what I said earlier. He got what he deserved.

And I agree with Rob, "cleansing the gene pool"....

Gene pool? More like a stagnant puddle. F'in liberals will always excuse and wring their hands over behavior like this. They're the first ones bitching when the father does whip this kids *** for being a screw-up. They're leading the charge crying abuse, making excuses why he's so "troubled". Now, by his own hand, this kid is dead. Still being defended? F' em . !
I'm not picking on anyone here. I just can't stomach people excusing the actions and stupidity of others. Some people really try to raise their kids right, and still are stuck with mindless corrupt no good morons. Again, not condemning or condoning anyone's responses, just sharing an opinion.

Really?? So I stole a pocket book when I was 15....that mean Im a borderline diddler?? Gimme a f'n break.....

Like I said....great thread....

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean being a thief is a road to pedophilia.

I mean in terms of if you rank them among the severity of crimes and the damage it does. In that way, i look at thieves as being slightly less POS's as pedo's.

I wonder if some of these harsh commentaries would be the same if the term "my son" applied to the story, instead of "the 19-year-old".

It would be terrible if a member here had a son that made such poor choices with his life, but nevertheless....
A criminal is still a criminal no matter who he is related to.
I'm on the side of the law on this one. Whether you steal or are driving a stolen car, you are abetting a felony. Burglary? Felony. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I think its just sad that a living person died no matter who it was.

and it is also sad that a person had her property violated.

life is full of a lot of "woulda, coulda, shoulda" ......and yes we all have choices to make.

but when the violence silences and the dust settles and all that's left is the wreckage, it don't really matter how it happened, the bottom line is that something very bad happened that can not be undone and is sad and very unfortunate for everyone involved, as well as onlookers

So I turn on the news this morning and hear how two "teens" beat an 88 year old WWII vet to death. Spokane WA . Would their actions be considered "bad decisions?

"Bad decision" as opposed to somehow being "victims of circumstance or their past" means that they are accountable for their own actions, so yes. Being accountable for their own actions means that they deserve any appropriate punishment (if they are found) rather than somehow being pitied.

In other words, they have free will, decided (chose) to do something bad, and should be punished accordingly.

Mercy and compassion are both excellent traits -BUT those proponents don't seem to come from the ranks of the victims of crime after crime-usually. Divine guidance suggests that suffering teaches compassion, it also breeds anger, especially from those that feel like they have been taken advantaged of. Those latter people hold more weight when compassionate, than a stranger suggesting that I should have mercy. I have more compassion for the people here that have been victimized, than a criminal. Honestly, if it had started out with ' my son stole...died.' I would hold the parent with a judgement of contempt for neglecting their kid, and releasing evil onto society.

wow, great thread

In a f***ed up sort of way.

A young man made a bad decision and paid for it with his life.

The OP's daughter is now traumatized by the fact that same young man paid that price in what was her car.

I'm reading posts that focus on the young man - right or wrong - and reading very few posts on reaching out to the OP's daughter for healing, guidance, prayers, etc.

The young man is dead. He's beyond our help - or judgement since he's now standing before the Ultimate Judge - as harsh as that may sound. But the young woman isn't.

I'm sure the young lady is very encouraged and comforted by the smattering of opinions. :roll:

Now, if I may inquire, how's the young lady doing?

I was being sarcastic Robert. A 19 year old died. Believe me I made a lot of poor choices when I was younger. And lucky to b here.

Magnumdust I understood what you meant...I wonder how many members on here admit to stealing something?? Or who have a child thats in trouble??
So all parents are to be blamed for their child in trouble??

Fd up thread to say the least. Hope your daughter is ok.

The OP's daughter is now traumatized by the fact that same young man paid that price in what was her car.

I'm sure the young lady is very encouraged and comforted by the smattering of opinions. :roll:

Now, if I may inquire, how's the young lady doing?

I did refer to how she now has to deal with the insurance company and then try to find another dependable reliable car to replace it and may not get one as good as her original one that was stolen. The poor girl has lost her car that she loved and will probably not get enough money from the insurance company to replace it with a comparable one without throwing more money from out of her pocket.

I wonder if some of these harsh commentaries would be the same if the term "my son" applied to the story, instead of "the 19-year-old".

So do you think that this "kid's" parents are gonna be proud of him and tell everyone at the funeral that he tried to rob a place after stealing a car and drove like an *** and then wiped out and got killed?

Or do you think that they will give the same old, "He was a good boy..."

If my son made choices like this, he wouldn't be living under my roof. I would kick him out and tell him not to come back until he got his **** together.

But if my son had done this and died, I would be sad and realize that he did take the risk and lost. He would have deserved it because of the wrong choices that he made.

Why do today's kids think that it is ok to steal a car and joy ride it, crash it, then run away and think that it was "a great experience"? When I grew up, we were taught to treat other people's property as good or better than if it was ours. Now we have these "jealous a--holes" who don't care. It's not theirs, who cares if they f*ck it up...

Then they get pissed off if you won't loan anything to them... As if it was theirs....

I'm reading posts that focus on the young man - right or wrong - and reading very few posts on reaching out to the OP's daughter for healing, guidance, prayers, etc.

The young man is dead. He's beyond our help - or judgement since he's now standing before the Ultimate Judge - as harsh as that may sound. But the young woman isn't. <-agreed.gm7

QUOTE]

I do not see how we are going to console the OP's daughter thru FABO.

I wonder how many members on here admit to stealing something?? Or who have a child thats in trouble??
So all parents are to be blamed for their child in trouble??
QUOTE]
I will admit it, I have stolen stuff in the past. I don't hold any grudges against those who believe differently than me. This doesn't change my lack of compassion for the young man. There are many more worthy of my care, and there is only so much love to dish out. I have no problem being the jerk-condemning the car thief & defending those who do the same. If people want to be pro-active, we can come together and build her a Dart/Duster. I would donate a good 904 to the cause.

-
Back