ALLEN JOHNSON LAST PRO STOCK RACE TODAY ON ESPN @ 7:30pm

Would you like to see Darrell Alderman return to Pro Stock?

• Definitely...I love DA and wish he would make a comeback

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • No, he's too old. Let him stay retired.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • I don't think he will ever live down the Nitrous stigma.

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's the end of an era!!! :salut:

I remember seeing Allen Johnson wreck at the GatorNationals in 1999...we didnt think he would survive...it was bad. Little did we know then, that he would become one of Mopar Pro Stock's LEGENDS.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=alan+johnson+crash&fr=ush-mailn_02&fr2=p:ml,m:sb

Pro Stock racing has changed for 2016 courtesy of the new NHRA President.
No more Carbs or Hood Scoops. Now it's FLAT HOODS and FUEL INJECTION.

Allen and Roy Johnson have decided to make this their last year, rather than spend thousands bringing in Fuel Injection Technology.

TONIGHT is your last Chance to see him in Pro Stock Action.

THANKS ALLEN, FOR ALL THE GREAT YEARS YOU'VE CARRIED THAT MOPAR FLAG.
CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY.

Attachments

• brutus3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 740
  • brutus2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 786
  • brutus.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 751
  • brutus4.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 734
This is what Roy Johnson said yesterday.......so?

Roy Johnson (pictured) of J&J Racing said, "I've been spending most of my time just gathering parts, so we're a little behind. But I've been told that we have just about everything we need now, so I hope that we can have an engine together by next week, and our plans are to start testing the car with the new engine early next year."

AJ saws the tree down on Enders in the semis and then takes the Wally over Nobile in the final. If it is his last race, he went out with a bang versus fading away with a whimper. Congrats AJ!

no..DA is alive and well in Kentucky...owns an underground construction company

AJ has received a reprieve.
He will be back for 2016 and I couldn't be happier. :cheers:

I think Ma Mopar had a MANO y MANO with AJ and Ron and laid their Cards on the table.
Which means they are backing them to figure out the new Fuel Injection Technology.

I guess they realized how DEMORALIZING it would be to NOT have a Mopar in Pro Stock next year. Too bad Ford doesn't feel this way.

This is an exciting time in NHRA Pro Stock. It is a rare event when the entire Class gets turned on their *** to have to figure out new technology.
I'd sure like to know how the hell they plan on getting the massive amount of air into that engine with NO HOODSCOOPS.

Attachments

• AJ RON.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 609
Elite Motorsports with Erica Enders and Jeggy are going to have Mopar Sponsorship next year....

"We had struggled during the entire Countdown, never winning more than two rounds a race and losing twice in the first round," Johnson said. "We also struggled during qualifying and in eliminations. But right before the final, we discovered that a torsion bar was bent. We fixed that, and the car went straight down the track."

Johnson says he is happy to win the last Pro Stock race featuring carbureted engines. He added that his plans are currently 50-50 regarding whether he will compete in 2016 when NHRA introduces the new-look Pro Stock class with electronic fuel injection, among other significant class changes.

"We had struggled during the entire Countdown, never winning more than two rounds a race and losing twice in the first round," Johnson said. "We also struggled during qualifying and in eliminations. But right before the final, we discovered that a torsion bar was bent. We fixed that, and the car went straight down the track."

Johnson says he is happy to win the last Pro Stock race featuring carbureted engines. He added that his plans are currently 50-50 regarding whether he will compete in 2016 when NHRA introduces the new-look Pro Stock class with electronic fuel injection, among other significant class changes.

Excellent.. Wonder if he's thinking IHRA???

IHRA ? there is no pro stock in IHRA....last time they race PS In IHRA they were running 800+ cubic inch motors...LOL

he lost his mopar sponsorship......was suppose to announce new sponsor at race but did not

IHRA ? there is no pro stock in IHRA....last time they race PS In IHRA they were running 800+ cubic inch motors...LOL

he lost his mopar sponsorship......was suppose to announce new sponsor at race but did not

Lol... Didn't know IHRA, dropped the cool dude class. I don't keep up much anymore,lol...

....but I definitely LOVED this.....

JA1_1852%20copy.jpg

I can live with that... Nearest one , thirty miles away, I would like my high compression back..( hello,1970?!?!?!?)

so, who`s racing prostock for Chrysler next yr.? the above posts are confusing ! and, if I might add, getting away from those stupid asinine hood scoops will be great! I always thot they looked absolutely dumb, stupid, friggin ugley, no matter how they are supposed to work ! makem run something the factory put out in the past . :coffee2:

so, who`s racing prostock for Chrysler next yr.? the above posts are confusing ! and, if I might add, getting away from those stupid asinine hood scoops will be great! I always thot they looked absolutely dumb, stupid, friggin ugley, no matter how they are supposed to work ! makem run something the factory put out in the past . :coffee2:

AJ may still run in a Dodge, just not with Mopar sponsorship. It's looking like Erica and Jeggie will be in Mopar sponsored Dodges next year.

The best team and years for MoPar ever. The Geoffrion/Alderman days.

Personally, the when the word "stock"'is involved, I noticed nothing close to it on the car.
Take something off the show room floor and have at it. Something the common man can do.
(If the pockets are deep enough! LMAO!)

Erica and Jeg will have Mopar sponsorship. If AJ gets his new deal that he is working on,he will race in 2016 and will have some very small help from Mopar.AJ and Roy are working on the EFI combo.

REALLY !!! where did you hear that ? That would be beautiful

In a Porta Potty in the pits....written on the wall...

The Elite Motorsports program is still being held up a bit while waiting to receive enough parts for its new Mopar engine program for Erica Enders and Jeg Coughlin Jr., but work is progressing on the Chevy powerplants for Drew Skillman and Vincent Nobile.

from Bit n Pieces from National Dragster from NHRA World Finals..

Can't remember who said it but on the Broadcast last night I thought I heard someone say the EFI Pro Stock Motors(didn't say which brand) have already been on the Dyno and are around 75 Horsepower short of the carbureted model.

-
Back