Alternative for power brakes

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Can someone get me to the link on the alternative master cylinder instead of going wth a power brake set up

Thank you

X2 as above. I used a master cylinder from a 1985 2wd dodge truck at a U-pull-it. Made the adapter. The brakes stop the car with little effort at all. It Looks kike the same as the one that was posted above. The piston diameter is what ever they came with. Works Great

Piston size is published at 33/32. Better start a squat program. Or perhaps you are a lot younger than am I.

The 15/16 (30/32) is much more user friendly for us seniors

^^^^^^ Xs2

less pedal effort, better feel/control for the sporty driver....

Piston size is published at 33/32. Better start a squat program. Or perhaps you are a lot younger than am I.

The 15/16 (30/32) is much more user friendly for us seniors

Sorry forgot to add that.:violent1: The smaller the bore , the less pedal pressure is needed.You will see that option after you select A body

I use a 7/8" bore MC from a "cloud car" (Status, Breeze, Cirrus w/ ABS) on all my Mopars- two power, one not. Need a 2 to 4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay).

Can someone explain how these are better than a traditional master cylinder? Can it be used with vacuum assist?

The ratio of hydraulic power using the smaller piston version requires less pedal effort. Much like a fulcrum and lever. The only drawback would be if you had more caliper volume than the master could handle. With a power booster I would think it would be very sensitive.

So if I get the 4 to 2 adaptor plate...

What master cylinder can I go to a local part store and buy that will bolt up and work perfectly without any modification ?

Thanks for the info

I use a 7/8" bore MC from a "cloud car" (Status, Breeze, Cirrus w/ ABS) on all my Mopars- two power, one not. Need a 2 to 4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay).

Year ?
Is that with abs or w/o abs ?

What do you mean by two power not one ?

Thank you for the info

Here's the M/C I've been recommending, and using for the last few years,, it 's 15/16 bore, for less pedal effort, and better feel..

It NEEDS NO ADAPTOR,, looks stock...

$50.00

Raybestos-MC36406-Professional-Master-Cylinder

EDIT,,, incorrect link.. - pls see post #26

Attachments

• Mastercylinder.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 242
2000 Stratus is a 7/8 bore $66.99 at Oreillys

132731-rit.jpg

The master cylinder for the Omni, Daytona, Aires etc... from 83-88 has a 0.827 bore and is very cheap... $28-$36 at places like Summit and Oreilly's. Dorman #M39451 Cardone number is 10-1945 and about $20 at Advance.... less reservoir. Looks like you could turn the reservoir around.
Only issue is both ports are 3/8-24.

131945-bac.jpg

131945-lef.jpg

My alternative is not bein a sissy stoppin a 3300 pound and less car with manual brakes.

This is a 7/8 bore with the proper size ports but they are on the right hand side. It is for a 78-81 Fairmont/Granada.... $23 at Oreilly's plus a $5 core.

101764-bac.jpg

This looks like a neat choice. 68-70 Mustang with front disc part#s m71248 / NMC 1378

7/8 bore and proper location and size of fittings for around $30 if you have the adapter plate.

131378-rit.jpg

When you use one of those 2\4 bolt adapters it must change your pedal height, no?

Do you have to then use an adjustable push rod? (Assuming manual brakes)

-
Back