Aluminum Bumper Brackets

-

Racingduster

Certified Welder
Reaction score
Im trying to start my own small shop. Im starting with making aluminum race parts. So far I have started making bumper brackets. The frist ones that I am making are for 70-72 Dusters (thats the ones in the picks), then Im going to make 67-69 Dart brackets and SS Hemi Seat Brackets. I am making them on a CAD program and having them Laser cut. I dont know how much they will cost yet. Just wondering if anyone on here likes them and , or would be interested in them. I hope to have the Duster ones reay to sell by December and then the Dart stuff ready by January.

Thaks for looking,

JON

Picture 426.jpg

Picture 427.jpg

Picture 428.jpg

Very nice work. What about us 73-76 Duster guys? We have the shock type bracket and they are HEAVY.

Riddler

Very nice work. What about us 73-76 Duster guys? We have the shock type bracket and they are HEAVY.

Riddler

My buddy has a 73 scamp. is that the same bracket? I can take a look this weekend and see if I can make them. I bet I can come up with something.

I don't have my 71 Duster any more, but back when I did I definately would have been interested. Good luck to you on starting your own business.

I might be interested. These will support a heavy factory bumper I guess?

73 Duster should have the standard mount system in place.

74+ went to the shock absorber style, both front and rear.

Neat looking piece. What's the pricing?

Jon -
Looks like good quality work. Interested on Dart brackets and Hemi seat brackets, but like others depends on the pricing.

It`s great to see some good `ole cottage industry at work here in the USA. Although I don`t have a Duster or Dart in race trim, I wish you the best with this endeavor. If I ever get serious with my Barracuda I `ll look you up because I`m sure you`ll be doing 67-69`s by then. Best of luck to you!

Good luck on your endevour,looks like you got some interest all ready.Maybe soon you will be doing 67-69 Cuda brackets.8)

Jon, I've been doing aluminum fabrication for many years and for what it's worth I'm very impressed with the quality of those brackets. Good luck with your business. Kev

I like them, nice looking workmanship! How much of a weight savings do you figure? Pricing will definately have a factor on sales. I too am interested in a set......but price is a factor of course.
Daryl

Thanks everyone for the nice words!!!

Its gonna take me a bit to get price and weights for these parts. Since i am just starting this up it may take me a little while to get all the information (even for my self). Im laid off for the month of November so I will have more time to work on things.

I never thought of the A-body Cuda. I know there is a set in a junk yard that I need to go to any way.

Does anyone have other ideas for cars/parts that might be a good Idea to make?

Thanks again!

JON

Awe not so entirely on the 74 rule that all went to shock type brackets as I have a 74 Swinger that the front are still this type of bracket. I would be interested the set for the front depending on price like everyone else. My question is how will they hold up for a fiberglass bumper as far as vibration.

Awe not so entirely on the 74 rule that all went to shock type brackets as I have a 74 Swinger that the front are still this type of bracket. I would be interested the set for the front depending on price like everyone else. My question is how will they hold up for a fiberglass bumper as far as vibration.

i'd say they should hold up just fine as they are much stronger then a fiberglass bumper. they should even make the fg bumper last longer as it wouldn't vibrate at all.

Jon, I was going to fabricate my own, but if the price isn't crazy on 'em I am in for a set. VERY nice looking work. I may have a few other ideas for you also. Good luck with 'em.
Rocky

I would be interested in a set for a 73 Dart Sport,really nice looking work.

-
Back