Aluminum stamped valve covers

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Who makes aluminum stamped valve covers with breather openings at the front of BOTH valve covers?My car always pukes oil down the pass. side hose of my EVAC setup....and spews oil down the underside of my car.Yes there is baffles in the aluminum stamped covers I have now.My car never did this with the old MT valve covers I had.Any leads/links to a pair of these would help,as all the ones I see have one breather up front,one in the back.Thanks

Looking for the same thing for W2 heads right now. If I find some I will post.

I'm just putting this out here for info. I know its not exactly what you are asking for.

I have Mancini aluminim valve covers on mine. they have one hole at the front and one at the back. both have baffles under the holes. on one side I have an Edelbrock breather element pushed into a Mr. Gasket baffled grommet. so that side is double baffled. on the other side, I actually still use a pcv valve even though it is a race car. however, I run the hose to a air/oil seperator mounted on the firewall, and then to the rear of the carb from there. I still get the scavaging effect, but I eliminate the oil mist from coming back into the intake charge.

I have zero oil getting by either side. like I said, I'm just throwing that out there for info if anyone can use it.

the old MP cast aluminum covers were designed to be cut wherever you wanted the breather. Unfortunately mine are offset, otherwise I'd send them your way.

Scott,
Have you entertained the idea of a vacuum pump? I know this would require some differences in the engine build...ring package and rear main seal to be specific. But I have been running a vac pump for a few years now...what a difference in how clean the exterior engine stays. No leaks of any type! And...the real benefit...more horsepower and not real expensive either.. Once the system is purchased, maintenance on it is not much. Just a thought. Also, maybe you can "restrict" the oil leading to the rockers, this would be a good thing for the rods/mains...

the old MP cast aluminum covers were designed to be cut wherever you wanted the breather. Unfortunately mine are offset, otherwise I'd send them your way.
Well I ordered some of the cast aluminum Mopar valve covers from Mancini,s.Guess I,ll be cutting for my application.Thanks all.

Scott, I've had the pleasure of working up 8 or 9 brand new sets of cast MP valve covers over the last few months.

They are no longer selling one driver's side and one passenger's side as a set; now you get two driver's side valve covers. Each has an oil filler opening on the left and a knock-out on the right ... which means that a passenger side breather is now going to go in the front of your motor instead of the back where we're traditionally used to seeing it. This is a 'before' pic of the set I'm working on this week.

View attachment 022 - Copy.jpg

I've also heard a vicious rumor that Mopar is no longer manufacturing the pcv grommet that fits them, though I learned a couple days ago that Jeg's has 34 sets on hand (and I'm buying a few just to have them on hand for my MP customers). Unlike most cast valve covers, the Mopar Performance valve covers are a half inch thick on the knock-out side and most pcv grommets only have a 3/8" groove.

So now tell me what ya did with those Mickeys ... :-D I still remember your "Are you sure these are mine???" comment a couple years ago. :supz:

-
Back