am i missing something on this 318?

-
Yes you are. That happens to be the incredibly rare "rare earth red" version of the 318, which was installed by Chrysler for those customers who later wanted to upgrade to a 340. This was officially known as the "318 update" option, and came with the limited "expandable" exhaust manifolds which when bolted to a 340 automatically detected the larger ports and adapted themselves.

Also, this engine came with the rare 273/318/340 crank, and came with a complete 340 top end stored in a special crate in the trunk. Unfortunately, no one has ever actually SEEN these crated top end pieces, because every single one known to exist was stolen by employees before the car ever got to, or left, a dealership.

The seller is incorrect on one minor point, and that is, this does not have OEM A/C brackets. Nevertheless, these rare versions are worth a LOT more than the asking price.

LOL Del,,...

i just bought a complete running 67 318 exactly like that one WITH a 727 that is powering my duster all for 300 bucks ..delivered

but instead of calling it a 340 , i call it a 360 lol

Is there somewhere where I can find that list of "all the right parts to make it a 340" ?

He forgot to mention the rare factory 340 two barrel intake. The factory experimental two barrel ThermoQuad is probably being used on his 383 Hemi Police Package Valiant.

even better! barret jackson has officially hit CL
trying to cash in after last nights episode

Mopar 318 Motor - $1200 (Pueblo)

Date: 2012-09-21, 9:24AM MDT
Reply to this postReply to: [email protected]

Mopar 318 Motor, runs good needs minor work. 1977 dodge motor

A727 Transimission - $1500 (Pueblo)

Date: 2012-09-21, 9:27AM MDT
Reply to this postReply to: [email protected]

I have an A727 Transimission / Transfer case. from a 1977 plymouth trailduster (Ram Charger).
New pan and gasket)

Look after sitting for 20 plus years it is now rare and hard to find in this great condition.Mother nature had been doing her best to season it like a fine wine or aged like single malt whiskey...Oh and he forgot to mention that the Smithsonian offered him $10,000.00 but he would rather sell it to a true mopar guy and see it returned to it true glory.This is why for $500 its a great deal!!!!

Arco

P.S add this dumb *** to the craigslist CRACK SMOKERS list ....

-
Back