An accident thread.

-

Muad'Dib15

Reaction score
3rd snow of the year last night, and I wanted to to play a bit. This turned out to be a horrible idea. I drove through the back of the parking lot too fast and started to hit the brakes. The antilocks didn't go on and the car started sliding. I tried steering but nothing happened and I ended up sliding into a light post in the exit. I hit exactly where I wanted not to, but has seemed to be the best place to hit. I hit the post about an inch to the drivers side center of the emblem. This stoved in my radiator and possibly my power steering pump. I'm not entirely sure yet.
So far as I can tell, I need a radiator, a support unit, a front bumper cover and bumper, a new condenser, a windshield and new airbag units. I'm perfectly fine, since I had my seatbelt on and emerged from it a little shaken. The only bit I can tell that got hurt was the front of the car. The front fenders aren't even dented and the frame is perfect. The only biggie is the mounting on the bottom driver's side for the bumper ripped off.
Does anyone have any of these parts. I realize I'm new here, but I really f**ked up big time and I don't want to go to any of the **** box pontiacs that are selling for $700 on Craigslist. pictures later so you know what I'm talking about.

The car in question is a 96 Caprice 9C1.

you are asking for chevy caprice parts on fabo?????????????????????? huh? did i miss something. naow MAYBE if it was a chevelle, but no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gots to be a caprice. it is not even an old hot rod made by chevy.lol

also, like many of us know what a 9c1 is.lmaorofl

It's a new hot rod, and my parents owned 3 (91 Roadmaster, Impala, and Olds Estate wagon) of them, 2 of my uncles each owned 1 (Caprice and Impala each) so yeah, I was bound to fall for them. I realize that it's probably not a popular car here, but I'm in desperate need here and don't have the money to buy everything since I'm starting college in 3 weeks. And I don't want to go for the **** box Pontiacs and toyotas on CL. It's nice and big and quiet. Maybe if Chrysler made something like that in the 90s I would have bought it instead.

It's the police version so HD suspension, trans and oil cooler, and a dash light kill switch inside. :D

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHhh a dash light kill switch. That's gotta be a bad sumbitch.

To the OP...glad you weren't hurt, but that pole couldda been a kid. Stupid move. Learn from it.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHhh a dash light kill switch. That's gotta be a bad sumbitch.

To the OP...glad you weren't hurt, but that pole couldda been a kid. Stupid move. Learn from it.

i am teared up, you got me laughing so hard. you just ain't right.. lol

yea, stupid move, and s.s, you say he could of hit a kid, well, i say the poster is about 22 himself.lol makes us all old

I was thinking more along the lines of i'm glad hes ok and i'm glad it was a pole instead of a person. And i'm REALLY glad it was in a GM instead of a Mopar...

Glad ya aint hurt, but wtf do ya need a dash switch for?? You need a throttle switch!!
Seriously hit the wreckers or go to the local cop shop and see where they trade their cars in. Oh by the way a buddy of mine went to the wreckers and went thru an old cop car....found a 1/4 of hash in behind the back seat! Good luck

um, thanks. but the throttle switch is what got me in trouble. I was mostly hoping that someone might by some chance have something, like a part, that could help me get it running again. Also my dad bitched me out so I think I heard the whole spiel. I'm actually calling some local wreckers right now. 19 btw.

Cut the kid some slack. We all did stupid stuff that could have killed ourselves or others. If you didn't, you were just lazy. Hopefully he will learn from it. By the way, stupid stuff we learned from also includes driving GM products. (shudder)

Glad you are alright, and, yeah, I would try the wrecking yards first. Should be just the right age to be easy to find.

You need to go to wrongplacetoask.com. I backed my dad's Polara wagon into a post, showing off for my girlfriend when I was 19. Glad you're OK, too.

you aint heard **** yet.................lol this thread is starting on the apitizer, wait till we get to the main course,rofl

i mean come on, ok, it is a pos chebby, we dont care about that. but what boggles my nind is this toggle switch, what does it do? does it put the driver from mopar smart driver to typical chebby retarded driver?

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes and good to hear that no one was hurt, BUT This is a MOPAR forum. Mopar consists of Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, and Jeep- but I really believe that respectively you need to search and seek out parts on a Chevrolet Forum site. No offense dude but you are barking up the wrong tree here and you will get torched out here. Good luck in your search and next time stay home when it snows.

really................. chebbys drive like crap on a normal day in the sun( minus the horrible overheating issues), let alone, bringing it out in the snow. EPIC FAIL

Honestly, i do not think you will want to post pics, as that will take this to a new level. Lmao

Glad you are ok. keep that mopar parked when it snows. A caprice makes a good snow driver learner vehicle so the rest of you guys cut the kid some slack.

oh, this is me cutting him some slack
he posted a for wanted ad in the general discussion asking for chebby cop-ice parts.lol i just find it hilarious.

Another way to look at it is he wrecked his DD and came to his FABO friends for help/advice on locating and repairing said embarrasment. Everyboby does stupid things, the fortunate ones learn from it. Help the guy if you can.

Remember, Karma goes out like a feather and comes back like a bowling ball.

-
Back