An accident thread.

-
167891_196916930322168_100000115862640_820128_3322866_n.jpg

167027_196916953655499_100000115862640_820129_5267796_n.jpg

168714_196916980322163_100000115862640_820130_2969090_n.jpg

all from today. I just need to take the wire holding clips off of the old rad support and put them on the new one, then I can put the radiator and condenser in for realz.

This is the only picture that I have that would help. Of course, you have an aux. oil cooler that the SS does not.

I will be at the U-Pull-It tomorrow and see what I can find.

PC038460.jpg

Just to let you know having been driving in Wisconsin most of my adult life, and most northern guys should agree ABS don't do squat on Ice..

ya kinda remind me of the yoopers soong.. Dashing thru da snow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ"]YouTube - "Rusty Chevrolet" by Da Yoopers[/ame]

ya the videos bad but hey its true.

It wasn't ice, but it might have well been as it was very slippery snow that hadn't been plowed.

Alright, I have the bumper, hood, and new grill painted. Not the right color though, maybe maaco will repaint it for free once I show them the color that it should be. But I'm going to make a huge push to get it done and driveable this weekend. Like lines all hooked up, battery back in, airbag in steering wheel replaced, airbag over glove box cut off and just covered for now, putting the body back on, and getting a new windshield.

Maybe if we can have a Caprice rebuild on a FABO forum, there is hope for humanity. We can all get along, Rodney King.
A friend had the same type of damage to his Crown Vic, and the insurance company totaled it, so it looks like you're ahead of the game!

Glad you were not hurt, 19, damn wish I was that again. I think we forget some of the crap we pulled off. My son is 19 and i took him to a parking lot and showed him how to do donuts and try and control a vehicle ....a life lesson ....lol, Glad to see you working on it and taking the right attitude, if I was closer, I would help you hands down even if it is a chebby. Keep up the great attitude and if ever in northern ontario, stop by and I will buy you a coffee ....lol

thanks guys. That means a lot.

I got the pass airbag cut up, and just stuffed back in, driver's airbag is being examined for being replaced in. Oil & trans cooler lines are hooked up, electircal systems are all up and running, except for my radio for some reason. :/ I even started the car up for a few seconds, but the oil cooler line leaks, so I have to tighten up the hose clamps on the line going back to the motor. I don't have any pictures because someone lost the camera.

Now, I just have to wait for my dad to talk to maaco about matching the paint correctly this time and get my windshield replaced.

last post for now.

Windshield replaced while I was at work, car fired up, no more leaks now that I got the hose clamps tightened more. Now I just have to figure out the issue with my steering and get a new airbag from LKQ because the screws on the steering wheel don't reach to the airbag holder thing. 94 and 96 caprices apparently have different airbag covers. :roll:

It's big! It's Beige!* IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can finally drive my car later today.

*beigeish gold. also, like for genie reference from Aladdin. :D

this is from fb btw.

I took some pictures on my bros phone, I'll try to get them up later today.

-
Back