An SRT Barracuda?!?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Borrowed this from 'pabster' over on FBBO, thought it worthy of discussion here as well:

Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy, but this looks just like everything else to me. And the "Dodge" name is being replaced with "SRT"?
angry1.gif

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...da-future-cars

http://jalopnik.com/5945710/chrysle...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

3rd Gear: Is There A Barracuda In Chrysler's Future?
Getting back to Chrysler, Car and Driver says Chrysler is going to replace the Dodge Challenger with the 2015 SRT Barracuda. There have been rumors about this for months, but Car and Driver says Chrysler has finally figured out its plan. According to the magazine, Dodge would like to export the Challenger, but its size limits overseas sales potential. Since fuel economy is a top priority — especially since there are four-cylinder versions coming of both Mustang and Camaro — Chrysler needed to slim down Challenger. Meanwhile, Fiat has been looking for a rear-drive platform for use by Lancia, Alfa Romeo, and possibly Maserati. These factors motivated Chrysler to develop a new platform, and the Barracuda will be its first result, according to Car and Driver.

It says the 'Cuda will be about the same size as the current Mustang, with a wheelbase more than six inches shorter than the Challenger's. Its rear track and overall width are expected to shrink by a bit more than two inches, while weight will drop by between 250 and 300 pounds. The front suspension may move from control arms to a strut setup; the rear suspension will remain multi-link, with new geometry. Sound like something you'd like to drive?

meh... it looks nice but is a deviation from the muscle car look. Kind of like the firebird and camaro before they went away.

If you look at the bottom picture, it's kind of funny that the label the car as a 1970 440-6 Cuda but clearly the car is a 1971 model.

found this online, If it looks like this I'd kill to get one and it said a 6.2 supercharged hemi

Attachments

• new cuda.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 412
if it does look like that, i think it will sit nice next to my 68....

The illustration in the article is just an artist's idea of what Chrysler would build. It's not an official illustration. I am guessing Chrysler would make something MUCH more attractive . :) Chrysler knows the Barracuda name sells, but they don't have a brand to attach it to. Last year [or the year before?] Dodge Ram became Ram Truck and Dodge Viper became SRT Viper. Chrysler's thinking is that by having their best products their own brands, Dodge will do better. They think equating their good trucks and fast cars with minivans isn't good for business.

those friggin Italians....they should stick to makin' pasta dishes and high powered /mega dollar James Bond specials....leave thems muscles cars to us guys!

Read my post Chrysler. SRT. PLYMOUTH. BARRACUDA!!!

That picture made me barf. I could handle the dart but really? REALLY?!?

Come on Chrysler :banghead:

I hope there's a roll down back side window in their future as well. All the retro cars look like cookie cutter hokey pokey crap

Wait for an official announcement before getting your panties in a bunch. I'm 99% sure it wont look like that crap in C&D magazine,

I think that looks pretty cool from the rear view angle. Not for being a clone of a early Barracuda but just a cool looking car in general.

Attachments

• new cuda.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 298
Those C&D sketches are terrible. The photoshop job from allpar isn't much better. It looks like someone crammed a late 60's 'cuda tail panel onto the back of a pontiac solstice coupe and found some random diffuser to squeeze in below.

There is ugly and then.......as to the Barracuda rear end......come on guys it is Photoshopped....

aside from a supercharged motor and a lighter weight body nothing else has been announced, so EVERYONE STOP YOUR BITCHING! and stop complaing about FIAT and italy... blah blah blah they are saving the last bit of chrysler that is left! Lets chastise Iacoca while were at it for going to front wheel drive 4 bangers!!!!!

aside from a supercharged motor and a lighter weight body nothing else has been announced, so EVERYONE STOP YOUR BITCHING! and stop complaing about FIAT and italy... blah blah blah they are saving the last bit of chrysler that is left! Lets chastise Iacoca while were at it for going to front wheel drive 4 bangers!!!!!
Nice post, I agree...

Looks like they're planning on eurotrashing the mustang also. Muscle cars that aren't muscle cars don't sell well.

Look at the late 2000s Camaro, Firebird and GTO. Despite the fact that they were the fastest musclecars maybe ever, they didn't sell well enough to be continued. Meanwhile the 05 retro looking mustang got on the cover of every magazine (and I don't mean every car magazine...I mean every magazine). Ditto the Challenger when it came out.

Don't want a corvette with an SRT badge and a rear seat.

-
Back