And So It Begins !

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Well it arrived today... From California. My new project , a 1970 340 Duster. It is in better shape than I thought it would be, you know buying on line and all. Needs work, but thats what I wanted. Want to make it my own.. :-({|=BIGGEST ISSUE & BUMMER : Must pull the recently built engine out to replace freeze plugs... You know its cold here in Wyoming , And without antifreeze things freeze! Hope Radiator didn't crack.. OR block!! Lets hope the freeze plugs did there job. I'll keep you'll updated with progress. Wish me luck.Check out the pic's. :salute:

duster 001.jpg

duster 003.jpg

duster 004.jpg

Hey nice car. Oh yea, the beginning of a project, ya gotto love them or hate them. Probably a little of both, have fun

Terry

WyoDuster, that looks like a solid foundation to build the car the way you want it. That hood stripe reminds me of T-strobe stripe on my '72 AMX Javelin. Good luck with your project and let's see pics as it progresses.

I think so to GTXperience! And the 70 model.:blob:

. Keep us updated and enjoy:thumbrig:

The Duster looks good already :supz: Wish my Duster was in that nice of shape.

Good luck on the restoring :salute:

Uh oh! I just saw the door striker, you have to get that fixed, it will keep cracking. Unfortunately you will have to fab that up, I don't think there is a replacement patch available.

Good luck Wyoduster, the car looks solid enough... just take it slow and enjoy every moment of your project... looking forward to see more :salute:

Ah, the start of a beautiful relationship. Looks like you have a great project on your hands. Best of luck.

Well it arrived today... From California. My new project , a 1970 340 Duster. It is in better shape than I thought it would be, you know buying on line and all. Needs work, but thats what I wanted. Want to make it my own.. :-({|=BIGGEST ISSUE & BUMMER : Must pull the recently built engine out to replace freeze plugs... You know its cold here in Wyoming , And without antifreeze things freeze! Hope Radiator didn't crack.. OR block!! Lets hope the freeze plugs did there job. I'll keep you'll updated with progress. Wish me luck.Check out the pic's. :salute:

Oh I here ya on the cold! :salute: Whare ya in WY.? I am in NW near Cody, have not seen above 20 in 4 weeks for highs, lows are 0 to -20 in past 15 days. I am off to Laramie to get the daughter, but I-80 has been closed like 8 of 11 days and winds are sustained at 85 and gust to 120 + with wind chills at -30 for past few days. Gotta luv it huh!

Hey great project will be very nice when done, yep i run like a 75% mix of coolant up here and 5-30 in the winter for the daily drivers. On the other car the 64 Dart is is a 50/50 mix with 20-50 racing oil and stays in for the winter!

See ya around and hope you have a shop to work in that has some heat! :toothy4:

Buffalo,Wyoming,Dyno Dave. And YES I have heated floors!!! and love it!Thanks for askin.
UPDATE #1:
Block is shot... must have cracked cylinder walls. Oil ran out of freeze plug hole when I fired it up. Bummer..... But I have it mostly ready to pull tonight,along with tranny.So now I'm lookin for a block.But in the meantime I have lots of scraping, sanding ,and cleaning to do. Fun fun fun...

Well, the rest of the car looks good, its a perfect excuse to build a stroker based on a 360, nobody has to know. :pirat:

have the heads checked and get them ready!!
sorry to here about your block, But you are still in good shape.
Have fun and don't worry about the block.
Pull the rods and piston's and oil pan!!
heck check the crank and have it turned.
Keep us posted and enjoy that fine 70.

UPDATE:
Block is junk(check out pic.) Progress continues.. PST super kit on the way for the front end + new sway bar. Brakes look good.... Sand blasted the trunk theres a bit of rust + holes. Sand blasted under the hood and inner fenders/firewall. Its ready. ANY THING I'M MISSING?

duster 021.jpg

duster 023.jpg

duster 028.jpg

duster 029.jpg

duster 035.jpg

wow. ive heard of blocks cracking like that but have never seen it. i always thought the freeze plugs would pop. crazy man. i guess depending on how much fluid is in a certain spot with only so much room to expand. cool car.

-
Back