Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Lol,roll bars,extra lights on the pickups,repaints. Hotwheels are what got me into cars!

People worry about government conspiracies, the impact of 'Big Oil', and the influence of the Kardashians on society. Who'd have guessed that it would be Mattel that would lead so many kids down the twisted path to Hotrod Hell.

Last edited:
Mini roll cages? You guys were serious from the start! :burnout:

I didn't have many but put them to good use. Until I got into Technical Lego, of course.

Anyone who has suffered through this entire thread has read of my ongoing problems with teeth. Every time my misery level rose to an unbearable point I've shared that misery with you folks.

Well today I finally took my first major step towards getting a set of dentures. I drove the hour trip to Lincoln where I had half of my top teeth removed. The appointment had gotten delayed a twice over the past months so I had plenty of time to prepare myself mentally to confront my worst fear - THE DENTIST.

I think he sensed that I was nervous. I'm not sure what gave me away. It could have been the panicked look in my eyes. Maybe it was the grip I had on the chair's armrests. I resolved myself not to cry like a baby. Maybe he'd give me a balloon when it was over.

I made certain that I shut my eyes before he brought the needle out. - No sense making the folks in the waiting room listen to screams.

The procedure went far better than I thought it would. Obviously this dentist needs practice before he'll achieve the torture skills of my previous dentists. They're all working at Gitmo now.

I was surprised when he said he was done but disappointed too. Dang! He didn't even offer me that balloon. He DID give me a mouthful of gauze to control bleeding. I had to keep biting down on it. When half of your face is numb and your lips feel like they're the size of cantaloupes, it's impossible to control drooling. Too bad today wasn't Halloween. I must have looked creepy enough to have scared off some of them trick-or-treaters.

It wasn't pain that kept me miserable. The holes in my gums continued to bleed for 7 hours after I got home. In addition to whatever I swallowed or drooled on myself, I spit out another cup of blood. I tried to sleep through most of it. Eventually I got up and made some pudding.

With the gauze in my mouth I was unable to talk after the dental appointment. Teresa may have taken that as a blessing but I felt like a mime. Unfortunately the only sign language I know involves using my middle finger. I think I may have offended the mailman.

Oh well. I guess I survived the day but I can't say I'm looking forward to the next appointment when I get to repeat the process.

Got to love the dentist....not
I had one abscessed tooth pulled last Wednesday, I swear the needles are not as bad as the sound of the tools they use to remove it.
Odd thing was the tooth was not bothering me at at all, but it had one side of my lower jaw infected, which might explain why I have been off and on sick for the past year.
At least you know what to expect the next time you get to visit the dentist.

Got to love the dentist....not
I had one abscessed tooth pulled last Wednesday, I swear the needles are not as bad as the sound of the tools they use to remove it.
Odd thing was the tooth was not bothering me at at all, but it had one side of my lower jaw infected, which might explain why I have been off and on sick for the past year.
At least you know what to expect the next time you get to visit the dentist.

So did you get a balloon?

I know the needle phobia is silly but the darned things still give me the willies. I didn't get to hear the sound of drilling this go round because they were extracting instead of filling. - But there was a lot of crunchy cracking sounds as he wrestled each tooth out.

Right now I'm not feeling much pain but I popped a Vicodin. I had a few left over from back when I shattered my elbow. If I feel OK after it wears off I won't dread the next visit so much.

Last edited:
You are one funny man. As much as I hate to read bout you having teeth problems, I sure enjoy the way you describe it.

I think maybe I should have phrased that a little differently. Can I say in my defense that English is not my first language? :D

So did you get a balloon?

I know the needle phobia is silly but the darned things still give me the willies. I didn't get to hear the sound of drilling this go round because they were extracting instead of filling. - But there was a lot of crunchy cracking sounds as he wrestled each tooth out.

Right now I'm not feeling much pain but I popped a Vicodin. I had a few left over from back when I shattered my elbow. If I feel OK after it wears off I won't dread the next visit so much.

Nope no balloon just three needle shots.
Dr. prescribed pain pills but did not take any, just the antibiotics to prevent infection.

And a word to the wise don't try to eat chips and salsa for a few weeks, got one chip sideways where the tooth was extracted, it almost put me in tears.

Its all good, the best part was my 15 year old had a couple of cavities filled on the same day, after he was done the Dr. asked him sit in the corner and watch while he pull my tooth.

Needless to say he only brushed once a day, now he literally scrubs his teeth 3-4 times a day. I think the Dr. scared him pretty good.

I think maybe I should have phrased that a little differently. Can I say in my defense that English is not my first language? :D

Your grasp of the English language is probably better than mine. I took a few years of German and a few of Latin when I was in high school. Now, I'm not bragging so hold your applause. I think I can count to ten in 3 languages!

Our-yay asp-gray of e-thay Engish-yay anguage-yay is obably-pray etter-bay an-thay ine-may.

I'm still trying to master pig-Latin.

Last edited:
Nope no balloon just three needle shots.
Dr. prescribed pain pills but did not take any, just the antibiotics to prevent infection.

And a word to the wise don't try to eat chips and salsa for a few weeks, got one chip sideways where the tooth was extracted, it almost put me in tears.

Dang! They're sure stingy with those things. I'm not sure how many shots they gave me. I lost count when they didn't let me remove my shoes. I was advised to try Tylenol but I didn't have any. The Vicodin seemed like a good idea.

As tender as my gums are right now lumpy pudding sounds scary to me. Girls wearing leather carrying whips might intrigue me but I'm not masochistic enough to try the chips & salsa.

Last edited:
Its all good, the best part was my 15 year old had a couple of cavities filled on the same day, after he was done the Dr. asked him sit in the corner and watch while he pull my tooth.

Needless to say he only brushed once a day, now he literally scrubs his teeth 3-4 times a day. I think the Dr. scared him pretty good.

FEAR has got to be one of the best parenting tools. I know I was always afraid my folks would kill me if I got too far out of line. (or if they ever found out about some of the stuff I actually did)

Last edited:
The heck with the balloon. Im going for one of those sticky frogs I can whip at the window!

The heck with the balloon. Im going for one of those sticky frogs I can whip at the window!

I hated it when my son got one of those. I just turned all black inside from envy.

Forgive my ignorance but what the heck is a sticky frog? (why do I feel that I just set myself up for a joke)

I'm picturing one of those gooey rubber critters that seem to crawl down windows as they slowly lose their grip. Is that it? I've never seen one shaped like a frog but my kids used to have one that looked like an octopus.

And, do dentists really give THEM out? Heck I didn't even get a smiley sticker to wear.

Last edited:
I love the fact that my son has been doing a ton of research on the motor build for his Charger. Now he's looking for a 440 based aluminum (preferably) Keith Black block and a set of B-1 heads. I posted an ad in the Parts Wanted section and hopefully someone's got or knows where to get the parts. I've heard there's a really long wait time for the Keith Black blocks when you order through them. He's determined to keep the stroke at 4.5" or less but hasn't quite figured out what displacement yet. When it came down to block choices, Indy moved the cylinder spacing around to allow for bigger bores. The KB block is still original spacing. I think the ones from Bill Mitchell are too.

1_3b06ffdd-29fb-4904-b493-f0025853d810_1024x1024-jpg.jpg

I guess the 512 stroker is going to become a back up engine now that there's hardly any of the parts that will work with his new plan. He even told me that maybe we could drop the 512 in the funnycar. That'd be sweet.

View attachment 1_3b06ffdd-29fb-4904-b493-f0025853d810_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
51HS0nuZdGL._SY300_.jpg

You hold on to the slimy "tail" and fling the frog against a window. It sticks. Then it releases and comes back at you.

Lots of fun for probably all of three throws.

That sounds like an expensive engine. But fun. :D

51HS0nuZdGL._SY300_.jpg

You hold on to the slimy "tail" and fling the frog against a window. It sticks. Then it releases and comes back at you.

Lots of fun for probably all of three throws.

That sounds like an expensive engine. But fun. :D

I'd never seen them frogs before. When my boys had them octopusses (octopi) they worked pretty good the first dozen or so times but then they'd gather dust and lose their stickiness. After that they'd just fall on the floor.

91mec7gx-wl-_sy355_-jpg.jpg

user-image-1211480427_thumb-jpg.jpg

I still think the engine is going to be way too much for the street but we're going to make it run on pump gas. Maybe if it does turn out to be unstreetable my son may end up putting the 512 in the Charger instead. I wish he had a desire to build a race car. I'd gladly build the funny for him and let him keep it. Maybe the big motor will still end up in it.

View attachment 91MeC7Gx+WL._SY355_.jpg

View attachment user-image-1211480427_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
When my boys had them octopusses (octopi) they worked pretty good the first dozen or so times but then they'd gather dust and lose their stickiness. After that they'd just fall on the floor.

Same goes for the frogs. But I think you can actually just wash them off and they're pretty ok again.

-
Back