Another personal best!

-

Les Gibson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had all time best 1/4 mile run this past Saturday at New England Dragway Ray Rice Memorial Race. 10.04 in the second time trial. First time trial was a 10.06!
Would have probably been in the nines as the car was getting in the top end rpm limit chip in the 2 step well before the finish line. Didn't have a higher rpm chip so just went with what I had. Still very happy with those runs. Car has been flying ever since Clifton Finch rebuilt my 727 and incorporated some needed modifications. Made a huge difference!
Gonna try again for that 9 second time slip on the 23rd at NED.

20221008_130516.jpg

Great job. You are so close. Great reaction time too!

Nice! We're just gonna have to make congratulating you a regular thing. lol

That's awesome. Congratulations. Nice light. I took my transmission out. Wiped my pilot bushing. Clutch slipped. Recertification needed for the spring so my season is over. Great run again. Picture of the car? I'm up there frequently.

That's awesome. Congratulations. Nice light. I took my transmission out. Wiped my pilot bushing. Clutch slipped. Recertification needed for the spring so my season is over. Great run again. Picture of the car? I'm up there frequently.
1BE1C7BF-0FAF-451A-81F2-ABC7723631B3.jpeg

Broke my transmission last month. Local mopar racer who teaches automotive technology at Southern Maine Community College rebuilt it for me. It was at this time we discovered the gentleman who originally built the transmission neglected to do a few modifications needed when running a transbrake. He took care of those mods and since the transmission has been back in the car it's night and day different! I'm planning on being back at NED on the 23rd to run the Buddy Scurto memorial gamblers race. Hope to get that 9 second time slip then!

I hope you don't mind Old Goat but I was planning on a Sox and Martin paint job on my blue 66 Valiant this winter. It's blue but will be getting the red and white treatment soon.

Screenshot_20220913-110358_Gallery.jpg

Nice pass! What's the combo
360 bored .070 over, filled with block hardener to bottom of freeze plugs, custom offset ground crank with 3.685 stroke, Eagle SBC 6" rods, Ross pistons, 13.8 to 1 compression, W2 econo heads with 2.08 intake, 1.65 exhaust Manley valves. Norris stainless 1.6 roller rockers, comp cams solid roller with .654 intake, .655 exhaust gross lift, duration @ .050 269 intake, 276 exhaust. Victor W2 intake port matched, Quick Fuel 1050 Dominator style carb. MSD 7AL ignition with MSD crank trigger. 727 TF built by Clifton Finch with Turbo Action Cheetah RMVB with transbrake. 9 inch Turbo Action converter. Dana 60 with Moser axles and spool, 5.13 Richmond Pro Gear, ladder bar rear suspension with old, old, old Competition Engineering single adjustable coilovers. Front suspension is Tory Shellhammer tubular K member, upper & lower control arms with AFCO single adjustable coilovers. Running Hoosier tires front and rear. Engine has never been on a dyno so no idea what the HP and torque numbers are.

360 bored .070 over, filled with block hardener to bottom of freeze plugs, custom offset ground crank with 3.685 stroke, Eagle SBC 6" rods, Ross pistons, 13.8 to 1 compression, W2 econo heads with 2.08 intake, 1.65 exhaust Manley valves. Norris stainless 1.6 roller rockers, comp cams solid roller with .654 intake, .655 exhaust gross lift, duration @ .050 269 intake, 276 exhaust. Victor W2 intake port matched, Quick Fuel 1050 Dominator style carb. MSD 7AL ignition with MSD crank trigger. 727 TF built by Clifton Finch with Turbo Action Cheetah RMVB with transbrake. 9 inch Turbo Action converter. Dana 60 with Moser axles and spool, 5.13 Richmond Pro Gear, ladder bar rear suspension with old, old, old Competition Engineering single adjustable coilovers. Front suspension is Tory Shellhammer tubular K member, upper & lower control arms with AFCO single adjustable coilovers. Running Hoosier tires front and rear. Engine has never been on a dyno so no idea what the HP and torque numbers are.
Very nice build. What does it weigh?

Wow that's impressive. My 66 Valiant weighs 3140 without me in it. But Mopar Megablock is heavy. Bell and Lenco and Dana 60.....

Weighed the car again this past Saturday at NED, 2615 without me in it. Before I swapped out the OEM front suspension with a Tory Shellhammer tubular front suspension it weighed 2680.

-
Back