Another straggler followed me home!

-
I remember that car!
My brother owned that car twice, it was a 318 auto on the floor originally.
He sold it to a guy that was going to fix it up and lost interest, hacked it up for a roundy round car and lost interest again.
My brother bought it back from him again and he then sold it to the guy you bought it from for parts...........

Yup, figured you would know this one! Since most everything out there went into or by your yard! Sad part is it wont be able to donate everything I need. It is in rough shape itself. A few scraps and then it will be scrap metal.

And the latest. 1974 - 360 / 4 speed / 8 1/4 suregrip. Missing the 360.....but a 72 or 73 340 in it's place. runs rather nicely too! That's a bonus. Bad shape though. Lots of rust and bad repairs. More digging tomorrow, but here is a video of it firing up after I "Un-chevy'd" some of it and removed wire loom, electric fan and stereo garbage.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

IMG_0396[1].JPG
IMG_0397[1].JPG
IMG_0398[1].JPG
IMG_0399[1].JPG

Lol, that scoop was part of the deal. I sold it to the buddy that hauled it home. He has been trying to buy another I have upstairs for a long time, so this one was a good candidate for him. It needs a new bottom section as it has been hacked, but it is savable by far.

Last edited:
Damn I saw that car on Kijiji. Now I wish I would have bought it. What are you going to do with it?

Cley

Sadly, it is really rough. I am going to have a good look and decide. There are holes in the rockers that were not addressed when they put the quarter patches on........ :( The Driver rails has been capped. Inner fenders are rough on the tops. I have a section for the frame though. If the car can be saved, it will. If not, I have a new 340 4 speed combo!

But, the floors, and trunk are not bad, so I think it may have a chance.

IMG_0391[1].JPG
IMG_0392[1].JPG

Last edited:
LOL, that's funny Matt. I do seem to get my fair share of rust repair. This one looks better than I originally thought. Not perfect by far, but not scrap. The engine has a cast date of 6-1-72. The trans numbers don't match the car. The rockers both need repair at the back inside and the driver at the front inside. The main rockers look good on both sides.....so far. Rear frame rails are good, torque boxes are beat up! Driver front rail needs a section, which I have. Pass front looks good. There may be one small hole in the T-bar crossmember. Have to dig a little deeper on that one. Trunk is great. Cabin needs front pans. Overall, this was a score.

VS29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Special
2 Door Sports Hardtop

L4B: 360 245HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL HP
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

328782: Sequence number

E58: 360 cid 4 barrel V8 245hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
KG8: Deep Sherwood Poly Exterior Color
C4G6: Trim - Charger, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Green
000: Full Door Panels
220: Build Date: February 20
C32766: Order number

KG8: Deep Sherwood Poly Top Color
C: Canada Specifications
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G55: Outside LH Remote Painted Racing Mirror
G65: Outside RH Manual Painted Racing Mirror
G75: Dual Painted Racing Mirrors

J52: Inside Hood Release
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N76: Coolant Recovery System
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White

V88: Tranverse Stripes, Deleted
26: 26in Radiator
L2: Unknown
447: Unknown

The funny thing is I have been trying to find a Sherwood Green 74 with a white stripe to compare but haven't had any luck. Other bodies yes, Duster, not yet!

There is somebody on here that has an original sherwood green 74 duster he restored a couple years ago.

It’s not so green Matt. Two owners ago, it was chevyfied and interior painted black too. It is faaaaarrrrr from nice, but it’s damn sure drivable! I’m gonna put a windshield and the rear glass in and burn the tires before this one comes apart!

image.jpg

I like it!
I am however a fan of the KG8 color and white stripes (For those of you who don't know, my '74 Dart Sport is similar with the same color and stripe color) so i'm a sucker for this combination.
When i looked at the car last weekend, it looks like it would definitely be a good builder for someone, especially if you like these colors.............

Green has grown on me too Tom. I can't say it is my favorite color, but my tastes have broadened and I appreciate things I didn't before. I finally got the wheels off last night. I had to borrow an extractor to get the lock nuts off. Then I stuck my head in the wheel house. This car is way better than I thought. The wheel lips are solid steel, I thought they may be all putty, and the inners are pretty damn good. There is holes at the lower front, but up around the arch is not bad at all. This is definitely a good platform to build on.

Last edited:
Very few performance models here in west Texas. This was/is truck country. Anything that was performance oriented here back in the day usually ended up getting used up and destroyed on the dirt track. A lot of the classic stuff i see now on cruise nights or at car shows is probably bought from somewhere else and brought here. Takes forever to piece together anything good out here. Its pretty awesome the stuff your finding up there. I mean a 74 duster 360 4 speed 8.25 sure grip car. That would have been long dead used up on our local dirt circle track circa 1984 and sent to the scrapper as a beat to **** shell with a booger welded well pipe casing roll cage, pipe bumpers, and hacked out wheel wells.

Now you can barely find any GM G bodies out here. Every cutlass, grand prix, regal, and monte carlo it seems ended up there, all of em with a riveted on plastic monte SS nose from speedway motors (how original). My brother flew out to visit, we went to the wrecking yard to get parts for an 87 monte SS he was restoring, couldent find anything, and there were a couple used up dirt track montes in the junkyard, i think i saw him shed a tear over that one.

Last edited:
It definitely looks like it would be a viable project car for someone.
It would be great to see that one on the street again..........

-
Back