Anoyone use a Thermal Arc Fabricator 181i?

-

Badart

Reaction score

Attachments

• 181s package.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 640
Nobody? I think that I will go ahead and get one. My small Lincoln 135 may be for sale soon.

I've been considering the same welder Badart, it appears to be a very nice unit but wouldn't mind hearing from any members that might have some hands on experience with before I purchase one. Need to decide fairly soon.

Ive always heard the "all in one" machines are not as nice as the individual machines. Like they work, but each welding process may be lacking here or there. Buy a used MIG, and used TIG and be done. Just my opinion...

I saw this on demonstration at my local welding supply last Saturday morning when I was picking up some Powermax consumables. It was pretty impressive and I was wishing that it had been available when I started buying machines. The all in one has a few drawbacks but a big positive in the price and convenience area. Of course, you can tell nothing about durability by a demo but it looked like a pretty sweet machine.

I have an slightly older thermal arc 180 set up for wire feed and its a great machine good voltage control and speed. I'm very impressed with it as far as welding and usability, very glad that I bought it. I use a bottle of 75/25 and its welding everything I've needed it to.

I actually went with this machine on the recommendation of another fabricator and I knew that I was taking a chance. Honestly it is amazing and you can't beat the price. I have been welding with it for 6 months now. Comparable machines are 2-3 times as much. For what I have done with it so far it has paid for itself already. It actually welds better than our 3 phase Miller at work. I normally buy Miller or Lincoln if that tells you anything. Just my 02

http://plasmametalcutter.com/produc...ducts_id=35&osCsid=u01l7g049olei1680a3jop0ac5

I have also ordered the water cooled torch and foot control, but have yet to use the water cooled torch, because the one that comes with the machine is great quality and has welded at 200 amps no problem.

-
Back