Ansen Small Block Valve Covers

-

pntastar69

Reaction score
Has anyone used Ansen's small block valve covers on their iron headed LA? If so, any leaks? What gaskets did you use?

Thanks,

Has anyone used Ansen's small block valve covers on their iron headed LA? If so, any leaks? What gaskets did you use?

Thanks,
They are cast aluminum correct? If they are flat they shouldn't leak.

Make sure the upper edges of the covers are not interferring with the intake, you may have to grind or file on the edge to get them to seal. I use the silicone and metal sandwich gaskets, I've had them for 11 years and they have been off and on many times and still seal like a champ.

Make sure the upper edges of the covers are not interferring with the intake
Funny story - I was removing the intake from a 340, and couldn't get it to budge. I went so far as to hook my cherry picker to it and all that did was pick the front end of the car up on the suspension.

It took a while but eventually I realized the valve covers were holding it down. It's a wonder I didn't break something or hurt myself before that.

I used them with the old grey MP metal core gaskets. They were great. Ran them 15 or so years until changed heads. Same gaskets whole time.

But need to check the head valve cover rail is flat and doesn’t have casting flaws/divots.

I use the blue silicone gaskets that are the sandwich type, I think Summit and Jegs have them. I bought mine at a non Mopar swap meet over 10 years ago and paid $10.00 for them.

-
Back