Anti-Virus for Laptop

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
I just got a new Laptop. Does anybody know of a good ant-virus I could install. If there are any good free one's that's even better. Thank's

My advice? Don't use Whinehozd LOL. I use Linux (Ubuntu/ Mate)

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. free version. Works well

Yeah, any more I just use the "protection" that ships with Windows (MSE and/or Defender) and employ free versions of Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Super Anti-Spyware. The free versions have to be run manually (i.e.: start a scan) from time to time.

Be mindful of where and what you view, even a basic anti can be beneficial

Its all a virus. My new laptop two years ago immediately became eligible for win10. A virus rode in on it. Was a fight to get a handle on it. No added antivirus at all.
I use it in my shop,through two wifi routers,and hasnt let me down.

Kaspersky.

I even used it to clean an already infected computer that was in the process of being encrypted by ransomware.

I boot up Whinedoz about 3X a year, when I am forced to do something, or don't have the software, in Linux.

I've tried all the "free" virus ones, AVG I used to think was great. Last time I used it the thing was terribly bloated. So is Panda whatever it's called, and at least one other. I just don't understand why these cannot run WHEN you want with no fuss

There is NO WAY IN HELL that I'll ever buy another Norton or McAfee product. You cannot get rid of them when you want

.............I had to go browse the W7 partition I could not remember. What I have on there now is Avast. I really don't care for it either

All of these programs should be "non interfering" as possible and easy to use and figure out. "They ain't"

NOD32. Its not an antivirus, its a deadbolt for the PC, and run it behind a decent router, that will catch 99% of the garbage. WIN10 has built in antivirus.
OR the end all solution. Get a chromebook/box. Its just a dumb terminal to the cloud. No apps run on it, and you wont even know it.

Look up Malwarebytes. There's free and paid versions, but it works like a charm and can get rid of some pretty nasty viruses when it needs to

If you want a good anti virus program, you are going to have to pay for it. All the others are just come ons and sooner or later they make you pay for "free" programs. I have been building computers for over 20 years and have seen all different programs. If you are running Windows 10, it comes with Windows Defender and another program that is good enough for the average user. Remember that "nothing in life is free".

Agree, I really liked Windows 7. And this is probably why I haven't had a computer in years. I have a tablet. I use my wife's laptop every now and then. I really don't like Windows 10. But I wanted to scan all my pics and photos.

I have Windows 7 home premium. Every once in a while I get one of those pop up warnings about some crap, usually click bait, I learned a long time ago NEVER to click on it in any shape, way, or form. Task Manager is my new friend for the web. Control/Alt/Delete and it comes up. Highlight whatever browser you are using and then do End Now. I NEVER, EVER click on those varmints. At least it works for me.

-
Back