Ants have invaded my car. Best way to get rid of them.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
I have had to store my car in my friends back yard for the last five weeks and I am getting ready to move it. I came over today and for some reason ants have turned the trunk into their home. There is no food in the car, I made sure it was clean before parking it, but they turned one box in particular into their home. When I opened the box, thousands of ants came rushing out. There's eggs in there and everything. I don't really want to take them to my new place, and really don't want them in the garage at the new place. Any ideas how to kill them/rid my car of them? It's crazy how short of a time it takes for a car to have rodents move in to the engine and basically get overtaken by critters.

sounds like you need a pet ant eater ........they are a relatively clean animal and respond well to a leash and love to take rides in the car.

Attachments

• pua-pet-anteater-5-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 198
I have had pretty good luck with "Andro" ant bait with the ants around my house. The ants eat it and also drag it back home for their queen. Usually wipes a colony out pretty quick. At Home Depot.

Ever heard of "Simple Green? It's a household cleaner. But it kills ants instantly! Then just wipe them up with a paper towel! Clean your trunk floor at the same time! All joking aside, it works awesome, try it

Ever heard of "Simple Green? It's a household cleaner. But it kills ants instantly! Then just wipe them up with a paper towel! Clean your trunk floor at the same time! All joking aside, it works awesome, try it

it probally has Borax in it

Have seen it many times. It was a common problem in Florida when you leave one parked. We used to bomb the cars at the body shop. A fogger in the trunk and one in the interior and they would normally clear out, then a thorough cleaning.

Terro ant bait or the biosmash method!

Attachments

• terro.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 17084098-man-smashing-a-bug.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 106
-
Back