any 6 pak gurus out there?

-
1350/1.414 = 954ish

That's the cfm conversion from 2barrel to 4 barrel flow rates.

You can flow a lot of air if you like, but, if the manifold is not good (cough cough 6 pack cough) it won't make power it should. The manifold is a real bottleneck.

I don't have any information on the small block intake, but I was told that the RB sixpack intake doesn't make a lot of power either. After actual dyno testing, I found this to be a myth. My previous Edelbrock sixpack intake flowed enough air to produce nearly 700 hp, and makes more power than a fully ported Victor 4bbl Intake and both a 950 & 1050 cfm Dominator in the mid-range and only a handful of hp less on the top-end.

#3---DYNO TEST 684HP 500CID 6-PACK & 4BBL (J CROSS) 01/2007

My current sixpack manifold has since been massaged even more internally, and the motor altered slightly(bigger solid roller and 10.2 compression), but I have not gotten the car back on the dyno yet.

751E47AE-4AAB-4BD4-8511-61C707675E2D.jpeg
A0A59EC5-32F1-41B8-A1AC-435C3E560551.jpeg
4EF08808-F0D4-48D8-96DC-7F73C87FD7DB.jpeg

rep. that's not good news. this combo was purchased as a matched set, or so I am told.and was promised it would run like a scalded cat the heads have had some extensive porting, also so I am told. it does look like it..maybe mrmopartech will chime in and tell me how great this combo REALLY is.?
I agreed with that post on the vacuum issue, nowhere near as high as it should be, not even close. It doesn't matter what intake & how many carbs You've got. At idle, it
doesn't matter, as long as the timing (cam & ign.) & the mix is right You should have at least 3"Hg more vacuum than that. They swap 6bbls. on for these "Dyno Tests"
all the time, & don't even try to tune them because it's a PITA, and this is never a result of just tossing one on. AND, they perform very well OOTB w/o porting or any jet
changes. Something ain't right. Hows the pushrod length/lifter preload? As stated, vacuum leaks anywhere? Why is it rich, black smoke out of the pipes, or stink/stinging
eye syndrome? What do the plugs look like now? What is the initial timing????????? On a well developed engine the 6bbl. may be less than ideal, but it ain't chokin' a set
of 318 heads no matter how well they're ported.

-
Back