Any fabo members up in Seattle or near by ?

-
I don't have any pics, I can describe it though. It's a project f-4 swinger /6 green guts with 4 flat 14 inch tires. I got this car from a guy with no title $400.00 absolutely rust free, so I've gotta do the state patrol rigamarole. I've been collecting parts for it for about 2 years. I'm getting ready to take my block down to the machine shop in auburn wa, AAM., still alot of work to go considering mini-tubs, narrowing a c-body housing to the axles & 15×10 welds. Yes an auto trans from my buddy Tim it was in a b-body that pulled the wheels off the ground & I plan on running a 3800-4000 stall.
Very soon, I'm digging in on the car, I'm planning a YouTube series "how to" on big block dart, it will feature all victories & mistakes. (after I finish my wife's master suite & bathroom remodel, special thanks to the corona virus for the extra time)
I don't know what the car will be capable as a street/strip car but I'm thinking it's going to be a handful & possibly not legal to run after the first pass. I'm planning on a 8 point cage & hope the 8.75 will last a while

Use to live in Yakima. Sunburst is a great show, Woodburn equally so. The Seattle Mopars Unlimited use to be a go-to event however it’s been dying on the vine.

On your title issue, be prepared for a throughly going over. I guess WA state really tighten things up regarding titles. You may have to get a bonded title and it’s a three year wait. Better hold off putting that motor in until you get that resolved.

Use to live in Yakima. Sunburst is a great show, Woodburn equally so. The Seattle Mopars Unlimited use to be a go-to event however it’s been dying on the vine.

On your title issue, be prepared for a throughly going over. I guess WA state really tighten things up regarding titles. You may have to get a bonded title and it’s a three year wait. Better hold off putting that motor in until you get that resolved.
Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the title stuff, I'm going to put it on a trailer & head over to the wsp with all the paperwork & bill of sale. Still gotta build the motor. It will find itself a home if this car doesn't work.
Take it easy.

I'm getting close to ready to start on my 70 swinger & currently in the process of building a 471 stroker with a 73 #630block
Molnar 3.915 crank, 6.70 rods & srp 1.320 pistons. Trickflow 240s up top & a howards solid flat tappet 260-264 @.050 .616-.620 lift, I was told this would be a great choice by a howards rep for a street/strip. I recently talked with Hughes engines since they have the identical cam & asked him what he thought, he punched in some numbers for me & said this cam is too big for my 11.4:1 scr & would be a pump gas engine at 12.5:1 so now I'm kinda stuck a bit, with 0.27 cometic gaskets .000 deck & milling my new tf240s down to 75 cc I can get 12.13 scr. I was wondering & hoping if I'm thinking correctly could I get a 9 was timing set & advance my cam 6-8 degrees.
I believe I have a 8.6 dcr with 185 cranking pressure. Hughes says 195-200 is safe & advancing my cam 8 degrees puts it at 199 psi. I trust Hughes but howards has this at needing 10.5 minimum. Any advice would be great. Thank you
Fyi
There is a 70 dart at All about Auto wrecking in Snohomish. Stopped by three on 4/29 . Body is intact. No motor or trans . If you need parts

67 Dart GT, I'm currently swapping it to a 4 speed. Hope to have it back on the road in the next 3-4 weeks.
I'm contemplating a 4 speed behind the 471 I'm building, it's a 23 spline though, I have most of the big parts, just need a flywheel, clutch & some other small stuff Otherwise it's a 4200 stall & I want to street drive the car as much as possible. I don't know really cost if it would be cheaper to build a 727 or get a 23 spline able to live behind 550-600
The engines not done so I don't know what the power numbers are but I'm going for a little bit smaller little brother version of Andy f 470

I'm contemplating a 4 speed behind the 471 I'm building, it's a 23 spline though, I have most of the big parts, just need a flywheel, clutch & some other small stuff Otherwise it's a 4200 stall & I want to street drive the car as much as possible. I don't know really cost if it would be cheaper to build a 727 or get a 23 spline able to live behind 550-600
The engines not done so I don't know what the power numbers are but I'm going for a little bit smaller little brother version of Andy f 470
It will probably be cheaper to build a stout 727 and get a custom torque converter than build out a 4 speed. I guess it depends on what you want to do I had a ratchet shifter with my 904 and that wasn’t enough for me so in goes the 4 speed.

I guess that depends on what your definition of nearby is, but I'm just outside of Vancouver. Neighbor to j par more or less.

Can't help with your cam, but I'm on Vashon Island and have been working on 70 Darts since my Dad bought one new. Currently have 2 on the road and one in process - 70 Dart GT. Been hoarding parts for along time so if you need stuff send a PM. Looking for a tunnel f
ram for my slant six?

I think the closest you will find is the HyperPak set up or some newer versions that have been based on it, or are you just pulling my chain...

-
Back