Any fans of the Andy Griffith Show?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I like the show and watch it when its on TV.....my favorite episode was on the other day, the one where Barney gets the motorcycle with the sidecar.....too damn funny...best episode ever :glasses7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hHigm8ICMQ"]The Andy Griffith Show - Barney's Sidecar Part 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4E_8QbMFEU"]The Andy Griffith Show - Barney's Sidecar Part 2/2 - YouTube[/ame]

:d

Attachments

• AndyGriffithBarneyFife01.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 312
  • BarneySidecarStunt.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Edgar_J_Masters.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 9873851_1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 291
  • barn-cycle.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 444
Don't forget the one when they pass out Aunt Bee's Kerosene pickles. Or Otis and Earnest T Bass. Otis buying a car then trading it for a Bull.

I cant say I have a favorite episode but I do have a favorite bit from an episode. it goes like...
"Aint never seen one pa."
:What's that Op' ?"
"Half a boy."
'That's a ratio."
"Poor little Ratio."

I liked the show. Especially the episodes that had Barney in them. IMO the show lost something when Don Knots left. I still watch it pretty regularly, though.

My favorites are the ones with Earnest T Bass and the Darlings in them, but they're all pretty good. Back when you didn't need sexual innuendos to be funny. It was a simpler time for sure.

YEP love to watch those shows love them all " WAS JUST DRIVEIN TO CHURCH & AUNT MARTHAS" my dad says that all the time

I grew up watching Andy Griffith, and still like watching it. The four Darlin boys, were played by The Dillard's, a blue grass band from Salem, Mo. Andy was very instrumental in their fame.

Andy Griffith is one of those show that even if you seen that episode hundred times ......you still sit a watch it .......great show.

I watch it all the time as do my kids, its my favorite show! I especially like the musical ones with the Darlings, who were actually a band named the Dilliards. My favorite show is when the guy comes to record all of the sounds of Appalachian music because the Kentucky Colonels are the band being recorded, and I am a huge fan of Clarence White! Best show ever made IMO, and I always wanted to live in that simpler time!!

As my family will tell you, I always wanted to be a Walton!! I want to ride Blue up to Ike's store, help Jim Bob fix up that old car, help Pa and Grandpa in the mill,'and sleep with Erin in the old chicken coop JohnBoy fixed up!! Yep,'that's my dream!!!

I liked the show. Especially the episodes that had Barney in them. IMO the show lost something when Don Knots left. I still watch it pretty regularly, though.

I agree there Frankie! I liked it better with Barney instead of that Warren fellow.

This is too easy.
Five minutes in.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo8tb080z6s"]The Andy Griffith Show - Barney's First Car ( Part 2 of 3 ) - YouTube[/ame]

Barney's facial expression also make the show! What a great actor to really give you a character!!

A big fan and still watch it, Earnest T Bass was not an actor but he acted on the show, he was a director if I remember right..

Great replies! The show is a true American classic, Don Knotts & Andy Griffith were a perfect match....the other cast members were great too and all had their great moments on the show. They play it here on "TV Land" but I should get a DVD box set to watch when the craving sets in. Also loved how the show started and ended.....the whistling tune always got stuck in my head :glasses7:

There's "a few" of the older shows I'd much rather watch instead of the current crop of nothing. A huge sector is completely devoid, for me. "All" so called reality shows, is one

Living in North Carolina even today the differences between here and Boston Mass are very clear. people in NC are very polite and say Hi to you where in Boston all you get is a scowl.
Things move slower here. The pace is not so hectic. I miss New England and will always love it but my home is North Carolina now.

watch it all the time, when my brother lived in fort chiswell V.A{spelling} there was a bar called turn one, whenever andy would come on they would turn the jukebox off and every tv in the place went to andy.

-
Back