Any real difference red/black heater hose?

-
It used to be that red rubber products were real rubber and better quality (like red rubber inner tubes).
Now days though, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that the only difference is that it's red in color and the compounds it is made from are the same as the black rubber products.

Goodyear makes a silicone hose that is green on the outside and red inner.Sure is ugly,, sure is expensive,I got it on my old work truck.If it came in black I would use it for everything...

Gates still makes a heavy duty heater hose that was red; it was my favorite hose because it would last a long time. They still make it as Firewall Heater Hose. There are some cheap knockoffs of that so beware.

Older Fords used to use the red hoses.

My FormulaS has 16 year old RED hoses still on it and they are still supple.I put them on a little too long thinking the ends would need trimming from time to time, like the black ones do. But naw,never had to. The engine has been in/out about 10 times.IIRC they are Gates. I remember they were pricier than the other.

-
Back