Any reviews on a 360 magnum crate motor P5249499

-
Are those speedpro pistons flat top? And how deep in the bore where they? That's some shoddy work for sure. That engine wouldn't have lived long :wtf: Ma Mopar charges big bucks for those too!
Found my notes. Pistons were sitting .032" down the hole. Sorry for the long delay finding this.

Does anyone know what Cam is used in the 380? Trying to find correct pushrod length

Does anyone know what Cam is used in the 380? Trying to find correct pushrod length
The MP crate 360/380 hp engine used there own labeled cam.
IIRC, the duration @ .050 was 230/236, on a 110 LSA, but this can help some more maybe.

57F1669B-CA6C-453D-9F53-C48768DA5FBC.jpeg

2218B2B0-CBF7-4567-A0B3-7A86C9BE6E64.jpeg

your welcome! Refresh the page since I put two pictures in there. A bit of a close up.

FWIW, I’d suggest more compression (+1pt.) & a Edelbrock RPM intake. You’ll have a much better low end torque delivery and throttle response.

your welcome! Refresh the page since I put two pictures in there. A bit of a close up.

FWIW, I’d suggest more compression (+1pt.) & a Edelbrock RPM intake. You’ll have a much better low end torque delivery and throttle response.
You don't recall pushrod length do you?

No, I might be able to find something on the matter. But I realllllly suggest you measure your needed length. At summit racing, sold by comp cams as one manufacturer…. Pushrod length checking pushrods. Also a dial caliper that’s at least 10 inch.

I’ll go check a few books and see what I can find.

What cam are you using?

Magnum crate engine pushrods service part numbers below.
P5249662, (16)
P4876053 (1)

Or this, P5007477, Magnum head on LA block (I Think there saying with a Hyd cam) with Magnum rockers.

image.jpg

Or perhaps?

1512F5B0-21CC-4A8F-BDE8-5E0344D8574A.jpeg

1512F5B0-21CC-4A8F-BDE8-5E0344D8574A.jpeg

Now that I gave you all of that info, which COULD leed you down the wrong path…. Learn how to use and get the following stuff to measure it yourself and properly!

This is what you need to get for yourself or borrow.

Powerhouse POW151215 (12 inch caliper)

Comp cams 7900 (Ball and ball for Hyd cams, LA stamped rockers

Compcams 7709 (-1 shown)
Ball and cup, Hyd or solid lifter and an adjustable rocker.

image.jpg

P5249662 is the part number for 16 replacement pushrods for your engine. IF I knew the head gasket thickness used and the base circle size or had a Hyd roller cam to stab into a 5.9 I have laying around that happens to be cam less, I could tell you.

No, but I’d have to go through a bunch of catalogs and find where it’s not listed. I’m sure someone here knows. Back in ‘89-ish, give or take a few (2) years, MP was producing the comando crate engines. It was a MoPar first. A 360/300 hp & a 360/360 hp. It was done for a few years, I don’t remember how many. But then they came out with what you have and a 300hp version.

I gave away a good dozen catalogs to club members years back. I used to have a lot of them. Back till ‘86-ish, ‘87-ish.

I’d use a caliper. Borrow one if purchasing one is out.
Bring it to a machinist for an accurate measurement.
I don’t want to trust just one source of measurement…. The measuring pushrod since nothing is marked and counting rotations doesn’t cut it for me. No way, no thanks!

-
Back