Any Road Trips Planned or Completed

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's hear some adventures. Not much heard about Power Tour this year.

A few of us on here are participating in Drag Week this year. Should be quite the adventure. There should be stories to share when it's over.

Guess you can call it a road trip, my bro n law and i took a one day trip to arizona to pick him up a 64 Ford galaxie 500, he didnt trust his f250 so he ask me to help with my 14 ram diesel

Ok, here's one.

The Wife and I take off in my Dart at 6:30 am headed to CA from here. (AZ)
Where we were going was an 11 hour drive with stops for food, fuel and restrooms and we finally pull in over at the coast about 6pm.
My Dart did 90% of all the shopping trips, picking up and delivering home of most all the Wife's relatives that wanted to get together while we were there for a week.
I took a day of to drive down to Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach area to visit Tim (Abodybomber) for the day.
We went for some lunch and then spent a lot of the rest of the day BSing and driving around checking out a few cars he knew of in the area.
Nice little project Dart in his garage as well, and it was waiting on a windshield and a few other details to get it on the road.

At the end of our stay in CA we decided to take the long way home and hit a bunch of beaches and scenic drives through wine country.
I think we hit about 7 beaches that day.
We jumped off the hiway into the far northern end of Santa Barbara CA, and drove along the cliffs by the ocean on a little windy road through some of the higher end neighborhoods until we finally ended up at the main beach in Santa Barbara where everyone usually goes.

We stopped at the pier and had a lobster lunch and jumped back out on the hiway headed South again.
Into the LA basin through all the traffic, and something I thought was interesting but somewhat annoying, was that there were two lanes on the far left that were marked for paid use only. WHAT?:D
Yup, you pay a fee to the city, county or whatever so you can use those two lanes and not have to sit in traffic like everyone else.
When you pay the fee they give you an electronic box for your car that they can scan as you drive by, and if you drive by one of the scanners and it doesn't see the signal from the device it takes your picture and you get a nice fat ticket in the mail.
What a scam.

Anyway, we continue on down to I10 and head towards Arizona as it's getting dark and spent the rest of the 8 hour drive back up north of Phoenix where we live in the dark out in the middle of nowhere and stuff that's not worth seeing anyway. (ever driven I10 between LA and Phoenix?:D)
17 hours start to finish one way to get back home.
It was an absolute blast, and the car was flawless the entire trip.
We have made that trip four times so far in it, and not one problem, save to tighten a radiator hose clamp because it dripped a nickel size puddle of coolant when we stopped for lunch.

Planning next month the same 3000 mile round trip I made last year: La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico as far north as Sonoma Raceway in California (where my stepdaughter beat me twice [by two full seconds] in quarter mile races driving her factory stock 2004 Toyota 4Runner). This will be in the same '72 Bbody 318 Satellite Sebring Plus. Just need to replace the rear main seal and I should be ready to go.
IMG_1751.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, here's one.

The Wife and I take off in my Dart at 6:30 am headed to CA from here. (AZ)
Where we were going was an 11 hour drive with stops for food, fuel and restrooms and we finally pull in over at the coast about 6pm.
My Dart did 90% of all the shopping trips, picking up and delivering home of most all the Wife's relatives that wanted to get together while we were there for a week.
I took a day of to drive down to Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach area to visit Tim (Abodybomber) for the day.
We went for some lunch and then spent a lot of the rest of the day BSing and driving around checking out a few cars he knew of in the area.
Nice little project Dart in his garage as well, and it was waiting on a windshield and a few other details to get it on the road.

At the end of our stay in CA we decided to take the long way home and hit a bunch of beaches and scenic drives through wine country.
I think we hit about 7 beaches that day.
We jumped off the hiway into the far northern end of Santa Barbara CA, and drove along the cliffs by the ocean on a little windy road through some of the higher end neighborhoods until we finally ended up at the main beach in Santa Barbara where everyone usually goes.

We stopped at the pier and had a lobster lunch and jumped back out on the hiway headed South again.
Into the LA basin through all the traffic, and something I thought was interesting but somewhat annoying, was that there were two lanes on the far left that were marked for paid use only. WHAT?:D
Yup, you pay a fee to the city, county or whatever so you can use those two lanes and not have to sit in traffic like everyone else.
When you pay the fee they give you an electronic box for your car that they can scan as you drive by, and if you drive by one of the scanners and it doesn't see the signal from the device it takes your picture and you get a nice fat ticket in the mail.
What a scam.

Anyway, we continue on down to I10 and head towards Arizona as it's getting dark and spent the rest of the 8 hour drive back up north of Phoenix where we live in the dark out in the middle of nowhere and stuff that's not worth seeing anyway. (ever driven I10 between LA and Phoenix?:D)
17 hours start to finish one way to get back home.
It was an absolute blast, and the car was flawless the entire trip.
We have made that trip four times so far in it, and not one problem, save to tighten a radiator hose clamp because it dripped a nickel size puddle of coolant when we stopped for lunch.

Sounds like a cool trip

Ok, here's one.

Sounds like a great trip, TB!
Let me know the next time you plan that one again. If you're passing through on the first Sunday of a month you're both welcome to drop in and visit our Inland Mopars Car Club monthly meeting in Rancho Cucamonga (just off the I-10 and I-15 interchange), or if we have a club activity scheduled while you're in the area we'd love to have you both join in!
The best would be if you're in the SoCal area with your Dart on May 20, 2018, come on by (or enter your Dart) in our annual charity-benefit "Mopars in May" all-Mopar car show. You'd probably pick up the "Long Distance Award" at a minimum!
And after I get my '69 Dart finished, we could take a cruise through SoCal to a couple of "car spots" that most people don't know about.

Sounds like a cool trip

Yep. it was pretty fun, but by the time we got home I was ready to get out of the car at least for that day.:D

Sounds like a great trip, TB!
Let me know the next time you plan that one again. If you're passing through on the first Sunday of a month you're both welcome to drop in and visit our Inland Mopars Car Club monthly meeting in Rancho Cucamonga (just off the I-10 and I-15 interchange), or if we have a club activity scheduled while you're in the area we'd love to have you both join in!
The best would be if you're in the SoCal area with your Dart on May 20, 2018, come on by (or enter your Dart) in our annual charity-benefit "Mopars in May" all-Mopar car show. You'd probably pick up the "Long Distance Award" at a minimum!
And after I get my '69 Dart finished, we could take a cruise through SoCal to a couple of "car spots" that most people don't know about.

That sounds like a blast, and thank you very much for the invitation.
Of course it would just be a matter of chance that it happened on one of those days but I will for sure keep it in mind.
Thank you.

planning a little 25 hour jaunt to Maryland to have a cold beer next week. won't be taking a Mopar tho. Fuel is free-er in the company truck...

My son and I went to vegas for the MATS in 2014. Wife and I did the power tour last year. But this one coming up for me and son will be the best we have been planning to go to Carlisle since the car was finished since this is the 50th anniversary of our Cuda so from San Antonio Tx to Carlisle Pa in it.

Crewing for a friend with a Viper Challenge car at Road America for the vintage outing July 19th/22nd Then taking my 89 Corvette Challenge car to Corvettes at Carlisle in August.

Well we just got home from visiting my parents up in Idaho for the 4th, and well it was the most memorable due to my dad was out boating with my older bro and some other family, fell in the boat and gashed his head, he got 5 staples, this was monday, on tuesday the 4th, i was playing with two of my brothers, my neices and one has a bf, and one bros gf, a game of full contact water basketball, went to hit a ball from scoring and dislocated my shoulder, got out of the pool, was streching it a but and dislocated it again, since then my right arm has been in a sling, took x rays, those looked good, but they wanted me to follow up with my doctor here in California for a mri to see if any ligaments were tore, i have some movement but not all the way. But atleast we had fun on monday with 4 of us out on a 3 person tub getting tossed by our boat, so cant complain it was great fun.

My dream trip is hitch a tag along to the F250, hit the top of Route 1 and go all the way to the Keys.

-
Back