Any Tool Fans ?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
As most of you know I've been playing Bass guitar for over 30 yrs. I love attending as many concerts as I can due to the fact I love music. Last night I finally saw one of my favorite bands live: Tool.

Wow..... While their music is a progerssive-metal style and not for everyone, I was flat-out amazed last night. The last time I saw 3 musicians pull off such a performance that left me numb was the first time I saw Rush live over 25 yrs. ago. Absoluetly amazing.... Justin Chancellor is an incredible Bassist and Dan Carey ruled his drum kit. Their syncopation and razor-sharp changes left me staring wide-eyed like a school kid who saw his first nude woman. Adam Jones guitar playing was brillant, and Maynard was probably one of the few vocalist that sounded better live than recorded, which is HARD to do.

Last night was the final show of their 2006 tour, but they said they'd be back in the spring. If their music is to your taste, DON'T miss them if you get a chance. Awesome!

I never really got in to Tool when they first came out but Im starting to really like there stuff. Im gonna have to pick up a few discs. I do have one of the Perfect Circle discs though. Its ok but Tool is better.

AdamR said:
I never really got in to Tool when they first came out but Im starting to really like there stuff. Im gonna have to pick up a few discs. I do have one of the Perfect Circle discs though. Its ok but Tool is better.

PM me your address. I'll rip a few disc's for you...

They were %$#@#$% amazing.....8)

i have never been much on the newer metal of the day. not to say it is bad, but it lacks spirit. to me it is somewhat depressing. the only newer metal i like is godsmack......

I like Kev, he can be a tool.
yahoo.gif

That was totally unprovoked and unjustified.... but funny as hell Tony!

Newer metal is depressing? Ever hear any Sabbath or Dio being played at weddings? Or course it's going to be dark music. Listen to the words to Enema by Tool. Pretty prophetic, and disturbing, in my opinion.

But no matter what, they kicked *** with talent & polished chops. They PLAYED! :headbang:

Damn, I thought this was gonna be a thread about sockets and drills and hammers and such... :banghead:

Ace said:
Damn, I thought this was gonna be a thread about sockets and drills and hammers and such... :banghead:

LOL! That's why I put it here in General Discussion! Maybe I should have posted it as a music thread, and never mentioned Tool.

Sorry! :scratch:

I myself LOVE Tool and have seen them twice. They are an amazing band and have so much talent. I am glad to hear you enjoyed them as much as I did.

I kinda lost interest in Tool after Undertow. The last show I saw was Scratch Acids' (anyone remember The Jesus Lizard?) final show at the Showbox in Seattle. Next concert is Black Stone Cherry and Black Label Society!!!

360scamp said:
I kinda lost interest in Tool after Undertow. The last show I saw was Scratch Acids' (anyone remember The Jesus Lizard?) final show at the Showbox in Seattle. Next concert is Black Stone Cherry and Black Label Society!!!

Black Label....there's a show I'd like to see. I think they either came, or are coming, around here. I have Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 2 weeks, then Alice in Chains next month.

Then we take a breather.....:drunken:

AdamR said:
BLS is awsome, whos singing for AICs now ?

I'd LOVE to see Zack shred away.... But as for AIC William DuVall is fronting the band. He was singing with Jerry Cantrell's solo project. When I saw AIC in Atlantic City earlier in the year besides William, Phil Anselmo from Pantera came out and sang a few with them. I can't wait to see if any guests show up next month. In the past besides Anselmo, Billy Corrugan from Smashing Pumkins and Maynard from Tool did appearances.

Have you heard A.I.C. with Maynard singing Man in the Box? I got a live recording of it from limewire.
Also found tool doing Stranglehold with the Melvins and tool with the deftones

Ace said:

TOOLS:Yeah ,my brother is a Snap-On dealer, but I can`t afford him ,so I go to Sears! Lol!

TOOLS drummer is a bad-*** with the kick!!!

I gotta be getting old, I don't recognize the bands you guys are talking about. Not to say that I wouldn't like the music.....The neighbor plays a wide variety and some of it is good. I saw Rush at the Chicago Ampitheatre in????We were in the 7th row, rite in front of em.

1966 dart wagon said:
you went to a rush concert...im so jellious :(

I've seen Rush probably 11 times in the last 25 yrs. and I NEVER saw a bad show... To watch Geddy Lee hammer out notes with his left hand on the neck of the Bass, use his RIGHT hand to play keyboards, a foot to play Bass pedals, AND SING at the same time is just flat out incredible. My Wife swears he's not human, and I think she's right.

I think Tool will be a repeat band to see too.

abdywgn said:
I gotta be getting old, I don't recognize the bands you guys are talking about.

I've been so entrenched in music all my life that I go against the stereo-type listener. I'm 48 and DON'T OWN a single Beatle, Stones, Zeppilin, or Grateful Dead recording! I'm always on the look-out for what's new. I went to see Marilyn Manson 2 yrs. ago and all my buddies that are my age just scoffed at me. They had no idea what a great show it was..... I saw Korn & Mudvayne last spring and got the same response. I listen to satelite radio because commercial radio tanked 20 yrs. ago and no one has realized it yet.

I love the reaction I get from people when I stop at a red light while driving my Wife's GTI with the stereo pumping out Pantera or Tool. They see this gray-haired old guy rockin out and get a confused look on their faces....:|

GRM049-vi.jpg

SEE? I even have the T shirt.....

FASTBACK340 said:
I've been so entrenched in music all my life that I go against the stereo-type listener. I'm 48 and DON'T OWN a single Beatle, Stones, Zeppilin, or Grateful Dead recording! I'm always on the look-out for what's new. I went to see Marilyn Manson 2 yrs. ago and all my buddies that are my age just scoffed at me. They had no idea what a great show it was..... I saw Korn & Mudvayne last spring and got the same response. I listen to satelite radio because commercial radio tanked 20 yrs. ago and no one has realized it yet.

I love the reaction I get from people when I stop at a red light while driving my Wife's GTI with the stereo pumping out Pantera or Tool. They see this gray-haired old guy rockin out and get a confused look on their faces....:|

GRM049-vi.jpg

SEE? I even have the T shirt.....
i can voutch for being one of those guys going...wait huh, at you haha, i cant imagine how it must be at concerts bunch of 20 year olds and then you and ur wife, heh, but thats cool your into new heavy rock groups :blob:

-
Back