anyboby smallblocked a 70's colt?

-
Cool, any more pics?
This Colt "thing" is spreading.
Just read the off line article in Mopar Muscle Mag. Mr Bolig is thinking about
to build a Colt or well........?

this paint had to be sanded off and re-sprayed....air pressure woes...no pics of the new paint,but its way slicker.not perfect,but it'll do.

you painted the whole car already? man your making progress

shew!sure am tired.

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

awesome man! you paint her in the garage? this whole colt thing has kinda bit me too lately...im anxious to see how this thing turns out for you...looks like with a bit of time an effort your gonna have a cheap quick ride that is sure to surprise all comers

painted it in the driveway....i'll keep ya'll posted of how this thing does.should be ok,but it still ain't gonna have nuthin for my ol' 70 !!!should be finished in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

cool! rattle cans or gun? please do keep us posted on her....did you ever take it for that test flight? or did paint get in the way of that?

ive ran it up and down the driveway a few times....the paint is ppg concept acrylic-urethane.its 1957 ch*vrol*t turquiose, lightened just a smidge.

Awesome :thumbup:
A question, what does the US authorities say about these "hot rods" on the streets?
I´m asking cause I know the Swedish DMV would just scream at the inspection, to get out of there with this car, LOL

Awesome job! I love it. If you really like it you could backhalf it later with ladder bars and wheel tubs 'cause you're gonna need more tire. :)

Awesome :thumbup:
A question, what does the US authorities say about these "hot rods" on the streets?
I´m asking cause I know the Swedish DMV would just scream at the inspection, to get out of there with this car, LOL

Every state has their own inspection laws for motor vehicle compliance. Some states are much looser than others. For instance here in Florida there is no state inspection system in place and just about anything goes. The only time you have to worry is if the police give you an inspection ticket to get something fixed.

its starting out as a strip only car.i've made sure to keep everything,for possible street use later. the only things id be fudging on would be the lexan windshield, and the lack of windshield wipers (holes got filled),defroster controls and heater box gone.going to the muffler shop this week,all the lights,and horn still work.i could probably sneak it around some though! if i get tired of bracket racing.....who knows what i'll do.

ran the car for the firts time yesterday...8.70"s in the 1/8.those numbers were comming down when the motor went south.i need a cheap,good running condition small block in the VA area.need to get back on track...but about out of money...help!360 prefered,but 318 accepted!!

006.JPG

010.JPG

013.JPG

ran the car for the firts time yesterday...8.70"s in the 1/8.those numbers were comming down when the motor went south.i need a cheap,good running condition small block in the VA area.need to get back on track...but about out of money...help!360 prefered,but 318 accepted!!

awesome man! i love it! she looks good man, must have been a hoot going fast in a small thing like that!

Sweet, congrats. How many hours do you have with the build of the Colt so far?
I just love it. Awesome

too many hours to count. lots of help from ol pop too though...id like to see that cricket lookin this way....just use a smaller scoop will ya?! i wanted to fab up a mini air grabber,but.....maybe next time!! im all fabbed out for a while...need a break!!!

too many hours to count. lots of help from ol pop too though...id like to see that cricket lookin this way....just use a smaller scoop will ya?! i wanted to fab up a mini air grabber,but.....maybe next time!! im all fabbed out for a while...need a break!!!

I hope to get the Cricket, haven´t heard from the guy since last week though.
I plan to try to get in contact with him tonight.

Great news, bet you can´t stop racing that Colt, lol.
Did you find a 360 engine?
Would love to see it race in person.

-
Back