Anybody gonna watch today’s NASCAR race

-
Idk. Interesting, but, I slowed up after Brad won the C in 13. All but quit really after that. Fair weather fan, I guess. I think NASCAR is grasping.

That looks interesting, I think I will check it out.

Thanks

I've been watching most of the pre-race stuff, practice, qualifying, etc. since I am down with covid at the moment.
If the announcers would get past sucking up to NASCAR about what a great job they did preparing the Coliseum it would make watching a little easier.
Personally, I think the race will be slow as hell and yes, NASCAR is grasping for new fans and spectators. Appears the hay day of big money is over.
Notice they didn't show many stand views last year?

Big tracks, with few exception, are going the way of the dinosaurs .
The short tracks is where it's at.

This year will be interesting .
Big tires, Big motors, Evernham plastic cars .

When the let Toyota race I quit watching it..

I was pissed that Mopar left racing, but I race Toyota mini-stock/outlaws, and won the Championship last year , so I'm a little tolerant, - it was a Mopar decision, not Nascar's .

You've missed a lotta good racing .

I'm a Big Penske fan, have been for decades, - he gets it done, no matter the genre.
It killed me he went Ford, but his record speaks for itself.
Blaney this year ! !

Not watching the race. This will probably be my last year of NASCAR altogether. Don't watch much of the races anymore. Too much artificial drama involved, and the drivers have been censored, except for political and racial reasons.
The new sports cars don't really excite me either. Bring back the old shop fabricated cars, and the grueling old 36 race for the championship, then I'd be more inclined to watch it.

Not watching the race. This will probably be my last year of NASCAR altogether. Don't watch much of the races anymore. Too much artificial drama involved, and the drivers have been censored, except for political and racial reasons.
The new sports cars don't really excite me either. Bring back the old shop fabricated cars, and the grueling old 36 race for the championship, then I'd be more inclined to watch it.

They'd be killing off a couple drivers a week with the old rules .

Safety, They'd be doing 300 mph, they may do close to that now, - lol

Ask the survivors ! Ask Newman !

Last edited:
When NASCAR said they wanted to move away "from a southern boys fan base" because of racism I stopped following.

When NASCAR said they wanted to move away "from a southern boys fan base" because of racism I stopped following.
They just labeled/insulted millions of people with that statement. They should be banned from those tracks...oh but they make their livelihood off them ...sooo

I went to many nascar races over the years, started in the late 70's at the Fairgrounds in Nashville TN. The last race I attended was the 2002 Daytona 500. I quit going and watching for many reasons. The chase is stupid, the driver with the most points at the end of the season should be the champion. With all the rules they pretty much took any incentive for innovation away. The drivers for the most part have no character, they are a walking commercial. Unless the new cars are different, without any decals you can't tell what they are, or I can't. Today it's more about the show than the race. No, I probably won't watch any of it, have to work anyway.

IMHO, nascar really isn't too far from what IROC was years ago.

I live about 4-5 miles from Lernerville, a 1/2 mile dirt track. I used to go out once in awhile but it’s been years since I went. They have a weekly race program plus the World Of Outlaws visit 2-3 times a year. Lots of action here.

Lernerville

I watch every race. they are some of the best drivers in the world.
Can you race at 200mph bumper to bumper at the mercy of air? lol

They just labeled/insulted millions of people with that statement. They should be banned from those tracks...oh but they make their livelihood off them ...sooo

They also dissed the PacNW, and the NE, - my skin is thicker than that . Didn't even mention Canada . lol. Oh sure, I'm going to quit watching cuz a that ! - lol

April 2006

The concern is real, especially with NASCAR officials on record as saying they see the Northeast and the Pacific Northwest as underserved.

With NASCAR wooing new fans, old supporters are feeling jilted Insiders believe expanding markets led to improvements

Last edited:
I just thumbed past it (on the local half *** FOX affilliate here) and there's "nobody there." The stands are all but empty.

Stop watching when Jimmy Johnson retired..not a fan of Toyota either..won't be rooting for Steve Torrence in NHRA either I see he's taking Toylete money now:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU:

Ok I watched five laps. That five more laps than I watched last year. I won’t be watching this race tonight. Looks like another Columbo rerun again tonight.

-
Back