Anybody running 17" Cobra Bullit rims on a Duster

-
Ok guys! I just got Bill's (RMS) redesigned A-arms in! I'm going to install them today and see how they work out!

8xigdj.jpg

jzipt5.jpg

5jv8n9.jpg

More pics to come once I get them installed!

OK, I got the new A-arms installed...they clear! I'm sure with an alignment and everything in spec, I will have even more clearance...Glad they clear though...It sure was nice of Bill to make a new set of A-arms...Awesome customer service right there!!!

So much info regarding this swap of wheels, too bad it has now been stretched across 16 pages! LOL Mopardude318.... I want to look back at what you had going on before. Is there a thread that follows you front end mods?

So much info regarding this swap of wheels, too bad it has now been stretched across 16 pages! LOL Mopardude318.... I want to look back at what you had going on before. Is there a thread that follows you front end mods?

Hello. No, there is no thread of what I did, But I am thinking of just starting a thread about my own front end suspension rebuild, and highlighting what I had to do to get these wheels to fit, lol...I just haven't gotten around to it...

There are some pictures on the website in the gallery section but I don't show them in the product side. The website is old and very outdated but I'm so busy selling parts I never get around to updating the site. Here is what the centers look like on a Bullitt rim. They are designed for the Bullitt rim only. They may or may not work on any other rim, it would just be luck if they do work on anything else. The Ford engineers changed that center cap on almost every rim design. Probably needed to justify their jobs so they just kept redesigning that little plastic cap.

DSC_0631_600.jpg

Here is another shot. Just have to look close to see the aluminum center cap on the Bullitt rim that is mounted up on the car.

Dsc_0849_600.jpg

thats what i'm running.. :) fit great and i think they look great.

centercap.jpg

i want to run a set of those but i couldnt get a definite answer if they would work for me not running spacers on the front. ill just have to pop one of abodyjoe's off at the next car show i see him at.

i want to run a set of those but i couldnt get a definite answer if they would work for me not running spacers on the front. ill just have to pop one of abodyjoe's off at the next car show i see him at.

don'y see why the centers wouldn't work with spacers. they don'y go very far inside the wheel. they are held in with a o-ring.

im not using awheel spacer, so the grease cap sticks out of the rim farther. andy told me they werent designed for the factory rotor sof he wasnt sure if they were deep enough

im not using awheel spacer, so the grease cap sticks out of the rim farther. andy told me they werent designed for the factory rotor sof he wasnt sure if they were deep enough

oh ok. we will have to pull one of mine off then and test it,

Has anyone given much thought to the Jeep Liberty 5 spoke "gun metal" gray wheels? I am not sure what size they are, nor do I know the bolt pattern but they look pretty sweet. Anyone?

pretty sure all jeep wheels will bolt right up. offset will work but i'm not sure if you would need a hub centric or not, my gut says not.
somebody did a write up about jeep wheels in (i think) mopar action a few years back and recomended them as a cheap alternative.

I like the looks of the 5 spoke ones on some of the higher line Liberty's
Unfortunately its kind of a "mom mobile" so most people are not customizing them and removing the wheels. They are not as available as the Bullit rims.
Anyone know what size the Liberty Rims are? I think they are 15's. Not quite what Im after but still kinda cool looking.

-
Back