Anybody use EngineQuest cylinder heads?

-
bare from EEAW in las Vegas

Attachments

• EQ mag headsdrill bits 005.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 364
  • EQ mag headsdrill bits 004.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 328
Your last sentence, is pretty much any aftermarket head period ,TX Stang. Everything needs to match, to work correctly.

Yep! I sent a set of Afr heads back to them because when I bolted them on the intake face was the wrong angle. They sent me another set but I ended up buying the head gaskets.

If you stick with the 1.92 intake valve, the heads are not going to perform as good or better than the Magnum Edelbrock head!

Once you go to the 2.02 valve, and do a good valve job, and blend it in, the EQ and Indy iron head will out perform both Mag. and LA Edelbrock heads OOTB.

We sell both EQ and Indy, and I also sell Edelbrock...nothing wrong with Edelbrock's, they just need port work to make the same power as the iron heads the way we sell them which ends up saving money over the Eddy's. Any of these are FAR better to start with than an OEM head IMO unless your building a very mild budget engine...then the oem heads will win!
Brian

^^^You can take what this man says to the bank.
that article mentioned previous in this thread they didn't see the good flow from the EQ's until they fitted the 2.02's either.

The rockers I was running were the stock magnum stuff. Until you try it don't doubt it. I was not trying to gain performance by changing to edelbrocks, the reason I switched was because I had problems with the valve guides on the iron rams and it smoked. I was told that the edelbrocks would not perform any better than those heads but I was tired of messing around and putting more money into iron heads so I just bought the eddeys and summit brand roller rockers mostly to save weight on that heavy old 74 duster. I was surprised by the performance gain myself. You might be surprised LXguy! I'm not running in the 11's but I'm running in Wyoming and Colorado 5000 feet of altitude. Mine is mid 12's here.
how much compression are you running in Wy. We run high altitude tracks and are looking for the right combination.

-
Back