Anyone else hate the 'Fast and Furious' movies?

-
lol watch your backside. I think some of them women can be viscous . if ya know what I mean. lol
yeah I know that. Many years ago, me and a friend of mine were in a bar about noon, in a town we didn't know. About 40 Harley's pulled up.. all females. They were a bit perturbed we were in 'their' bar at first, but when we explained we were from out of town, we had a blast. I lost arm wrestling to one of them... her girlfriend gave me a kiss so I'd feel better. There were a lot of girls there I would not mess with, lol. That was one of the funnest nights I ever had. We were their 'boy toys' for the night, only guys in the bar. :)

I did the hot rod scene in detroit in the 70's and we never had nearly naked chick hanging around just shakin and waiting for a ride. Maybe the wrong era or city but I still don't believe it. Back in the day you had to bring your own!

Have not seen 1 end to end, when I saw the replay scene with the old hemi Challenger, with the Year One license plate? Cmon, the guy driving it (the Yenko) gave it more gas when he saw the rice on his ***? Who drives a pinks race with 3/4 pedal? They make NOS seem like a rocket booster when its maybe a 35% power adder on a turbo. How do you do a donut in a FWD car? On a more clown note, how do you pull the front wheels while your smoking the rears? How about a pneumatic jack!

Last edited:
I did the hot rod scene in detroit in the 70's and we never had nearly naked chick hanging around just shakin and waiting for a ride. Maybe the wrong era or city but I still don't believe it. Back in the day you had to bring your own!
Dammit. i was gonna cruise to Detroit just for that. You've ruined my dreams :)

I'd think twice before cruising detriot today. Try Miami for that dream like miami vice intro!

Have not seen 1 end to end, when I saw the replay scene with the old hemi Challenger, with the Year One license plate? Cmon, the guy driving it (the Yenko) gave it more gas when he saw the rice on his ***? Who drives a pinks race with 3/4 pedal? They make NOS seem like a rocket booster when its maybe a 35% power adder on a turbo. How do you do a donut in a FWD car? On a more clown note, how do you pull the front wheels while your smoking the rears? How about a pneumatic jack!
I live across the street from the fairgounds parking lot. Central Wisconsin. Sometimes I see these kids trying to do donuts on the ice in the middle of winter with their FWD cars, and I'll fire up the '98 Jeep Cherokee XJ with the 3:55 sure grip, leave it in 2-wheel and low gear, and go spinning.. get going about 50, crank the wheel and punch it.. dizzy dizzy dizzy for a hundred yards. They always look at me wide-eyed when I leave.
I used to charge 50 cents a ride in my Volkswagen Beetles on the frozen lake.. rear wheel drive, rear engine, with two kids in the back seat.. holy spinner. Always left a ice-cream puke bucket on the back seat floor.. that got used a lot. :)

We used a big church parking lot for donuts but you had to be careful of the lamp posts! Ususally had a bout a 1/2 a day before they plowed.

They make NOS seem like a rocket booster when its maybe a 35% power adder on a turbo. How do you do a donut in a FWD car? On a more clown note, how do you pull the front wheels while your smoking the rears? How about a pneumatic jack!
This made me laugh out loud while simultaneously shaking my head in agreement! Like I said, these movies were made for 15 year olds.

My wife and kid love them. She won't let me watch them when they are though..."THAT'S NOT REAL! THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! THAT"S IDIOTIC!".. just pisses me off, lol.

It's not necessarily the movies themselves that I detest. It's Hollywood's ideas of car guys and car movies. They simply always get it wrong. I've never seen ONE of those movies so I don't know how they are, but I can use my imagination.

My friends kids had one of those movies on a while back. I was in disbelief as to how unrealistic and dumb these movies are. You can add terrible acting and story to the list as well. Two thumbs way down.....:lol:

Watched part of the 1st one and never desired to watch someone run a 20 minute 1\4 mile with 5 nos buttons on the steering wheel

I had my own girl friend back in the day, married her. but I always had her half naked friends hanging around wanting a little something too. lol A couple of them still stop by the house. It must be my good looks. lol

The first movie....Calling Nitrous Oxide Naaawss was dumb as ****.
Weed wacker sounding 4 cylinder Hondas and VWs that sounded terrible.
The only cool car in the entire movie was the '70 Charger at the end.
Most of the movie had cartoonish neon lights under the cars, more chrome than a lowrider cruise night, 26 speed manual transmissions and those "Naaaaws" buttons as previously mentioned.
The second movie had only Paul Walker from the first movie and again, silly looking cars for the two male lead roles.
Third movie: Only a quickie cameo of Vin Diesel at the very end. Again, mostly import cars.
Fourth movie: Big changes. More American cars AND a cultural shift. It is as if the franchise took a Liberal influenced class in diversity because they now had White people, Black people, Puerto Ricans, an Asian guy....

The first movie....Calling Nitrous Oxide Naaawss was dumb as ****.
Weed wacker sounding 4 cylinder Hondas and VWs that sounded terrible.
The only cool car in the entire movie was the '70 Charger at the end.
Most of the movie had cartoonish neon lights under the cars, more chrome than a lowrider cruise night, 26 speed manual transmissions and those "Naaaaws" buttons as previously mentioned.
The second movie had only Paul Walker from the first movie and again, silly looking cars for the two male lead roles.
Third movie: Only a quickie cameo of Vin Diesel at the very end. Again, mostly import cars.
Fourth movie: Big changes. More American cars AND a cultural shift. It is as if the franchise took a Liberal influenced class in diversity because they now had White people, Black people, Puerto Ricans, an Asian guy....

We caint have too many honkys in somethin. They're the devil.

I was in Cleveland a couple years ago at the Lincoln Welding school and the hotel we stayed in was downtown. They where filming one of the movies there and we got to watch them jump those cars outa the parking garage and race them down the street. One car we watched the drivers get out of the back of the car and you could see the seat and steering wheel facing the back of the car so they could drive it backward

I was in Cleveland a couple years ago at the Lincoln Welding school and the hotel we stayed in was downtown. They where filming one of the movies there and we got to watch them jump those cars outa the parking garage and race them down the street. One car we watched the drivers get out of the back of the car and you could see the seat and steering wheel facing the back of the car so they could drive it backward
So it just looks like they can drive as fast backwards as forward? Very clever.

I watch part of the first. That was enough, my brain wouldn't shut down so I could watch anymore. But I'm not surprised that they do so well in this country. Says a lot about the future generations :eek:. But, we had stupid movies also, so who knows, we didn't turn out to bad..... at least I didn't, not sure about all of you though :)

Last edited:
I work in the film industry and I can barely watch anything with my wife. This is fake ,that is this, she hates it. All I can even watch is roadkill and the news

Saw the first one on a friend's advice.

Didn't care for it.

Don't really care for vin diesel.

Don't even care for his voice.

Not sure why the 70 Charger in the first movie has a funky bumper, but I absolutely abhor
all the scale models of 70 Chargers that are and have been produced with that awful, non-stock bumper.

-
Back