Anyone Else Like Beer Memorabilia?

-
He's got to have a horseshoe up his... He gets some amazing deals and finds stuff you'd never dream of. I kept bumping into all kinds of things when I had my tour.

I replaced the motor and all of the wiring on this one today. 1962 Schlitz Hanging sconces lamps.

I keep the ones I like and sell the ones I don't, so that I can buy more that I like!

Here's the next patient going onto the table. It lights but won't rotate. It hung in a local bar so it has some history. They are notoriously a pain in the *** to work on.
upload_2018-7-15_6-48-29.png

Here's the next patient going onto the table. It lights but won't rotate. It hung in a local bar so it has some history. They are notoriously a pain in the *** to work on.
View attachment 1715198567
I should have grabbed a similar one from the bar I worked in, same story, didn't rotate but lit up. Just sitting downstairs collecting dust.

Torn apart and waiting on the new motor to get here. I've got to get it off the dining room table because I have an even bigger project coming next weekend.

upload_2018-7-22_7-59-15.png

Hamms wasn't a very good beer, IMO, but they did have some of the best advertising. My brother collects mostly Stag stuff, and I have quite a bit of GB, (Griesedieck Brothers).

Hamms wasn't a very good beer, IMO, but they did have some of the best advertising. My brother collects mostly Stag stuff, and I have quite a bit of GB, (Griesedieck Brothers).

It's all a matter of taste and what you get used to. $3.99 for a six pack of tall boys is pretty easy to get used to!!! Here's my GB sign.

It's all a matter of taste and what you get used to. $3.99 for a six pack of tall boys is pretty easy to get used to!!! Here's my GB sign.
So do you focus on a particular brand, or just get what you can and keep the better stuff?

I started off collecting Hamm's items but have now started collecting pieces that have a local tie either by having a brewery in my area or pieces that came from local bars and taverns.

Last edited:

Cannot argue that. That's why the "IMO". Just my opinion. Nice GB sign!!

My latest addition is considered to be the holy grail of Hamm's neons. It popped up on CL yesterday and the seller told me that it was sold pending payment. I asked him if he had recieved a deposit and he hadn't. Thirty minutes later he had a deposit and the sign is mine. The goblets light up in order. I'll post a video later after I go pick it up. @LocuMob

upload_2018-11-24_5-13-24.png

My latest addition is considered to be the holy grail of Hamm's neons. It popped up on CL yesterday and the seller told me that it was sold pending payment. I asked him if he had recieved a deposit and he hadn't. Thirty minutes later he had a deposit and the sign is mine. The goblets light up in order. I'll post a video later after I go pick it up. @LocuMob

View attachment 1715252802
I picked up a sweet old Falstaff Hanging light that spins, and has 12 deferent pictures that show up, cow boys pushing cattle, lakes and streams and Falstaff bottles and mugs, I have a beer co company here that has asked to buy it , ( Freo Beer) I do have some pictures and a video of it lit up and turning on my phone , I need to bring it to the plate here for you it sounds like, I would rather deal with a friend here then let it go to a Arkansas brew co.

Last edited:
@memike That's how I get quite a few of my signs. The cable guy was over a couple of weeks ago and saw my collection. He mentioned that he had a few signs that he needed to get out of his storage unit. Two days later he showed up trying to GIVE me this pile of signs. I couldn't take them for free but I gave him a few bucks and he was very happy!
upload_2018-11-24_5-40-51.png

Wow !!! your cable guy was a nice fellow , bunch of dandy one's there :thumbsup:

Mine is a Fallstaff sign, to early in the morning I guess,

-
Back