Anyone ever resew sun visors?

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
The stitching on my sunvisors is coming apart, the rest of the sunvisor is good yet. I have been thinking about finding some strong, uv resistant thread(its a convertible)and trying to resew them using the previous holes, probably won't be able to match original stitching but with the price they want for repops, I am willing to give it a try. Advice, comments, suggestions?
Thanks
Aaron

The stitching on my sunvisors is coming apart, the rest of the sunvisor is good yet. I have been thinking about finding some strong, uv resistant thread(its a convertible)and trying to resew them using the previous holes, probably won't be able to match original stitching but with the price they want for repops, I am willing to give it a try. Advice, comments, suggestions?
Thanks
Aaron

i did exactly that. l just used regular black thread. i doubled it up and just followed the factory holes. took about an hour for both and you cant even tell unless you look very close.

Thanks
Aaron

If it is just the stitching bad I have. I used clear mono filiment fishing line to sew them with and it blended in to where you had to look close to see it.

Most fabric/yard goods shops have the correct thread.

Mine went bad when we tried to stich it the 50 year material fell apart. So we got fabrick and made new ones. The seamstress charged me $20. And I gave her a $5. tip.

Did mine by hand and used existing holes . Doubled the thread. Cleaned with 409 and old tooth brush. They look great.

-
Back