Anyone have a M&P shield 40?

-
You made me think so I got my two M&P 9mm shields out to see if the safety was an issue. Zero issues flipping the safety off while holding it in the ready to fire position. I don’t think I even fired this one yet. I bought it because I like the “We The People” etched on it.

12BAC34C-A9A5-4B38-9DC6-642B25CD77A5.jpeg

EEA204A3-07C6-4CA4-A238-E9E3A35122FD.jpeg

Someone mentioned to about the magazines being hard to reload. I bought a couple of these for my Shields and a couple for my 380 carry piece. They are cheap printed items I bought on Amazon.

1BA9F6C3-F99A-402D-92E2-5F6BB1EC302C.jpeg

E2899C23-018A-45CC-92C3-AC1D150C1858.jpeg

93451B12-2981-459F-8F01-833C95AB0E95.jpeg

Is there any difference you can tell between the triggers/ trigger pull of the non safety vs safety equipped?
No and I even dry fired them a few times. I watched a YouTube video where the guy had a hard time squeezing the trigger on the non safety one but I never noticed the issue he talked about. Maybe mine is the newer model.

^^ For mag reloading I highly recommend the Lula.. I own 2. Get one for your long guns too...

When i first got my Shield I could barely get the mag(s) full and the resistance made chambering a round iffy. I loaded them up and let them sit... a bit easier now.

^^ For mag reloading I highly recommend the Lula.. I own 2. Get one for your long guns too...

When i first got my Shield I could barely get the mag(s) full and the resistance made chambering a round iffy. I loaded them up and let them sit... a bit easier now.
also goes by maglula or uplula. Got one for my wife. Loads 9mm -.45. Awesome.

I've had several M&P's, Glocks, and others...but just don't like the whole striker deal.

The only striker fired pistols I currently own.... I'm a SA/DA guy.

trump-glock-for-sale.png

silencerco-maxim-9-600x400.jpg

DSCN0486.JPG.0755685df93f084bbda72b0c6cf95214.jpg

Mine is number 300 of the last 500.

Last edited:
The new shield EZ is considered to be a hammer gun even though not exposed

If any of you guys are on the fence this came today. I was lucky and got one of my guns on the rebate deal. I haven’t had a chance to take my AR-15 (223) or AR15-22 out to the range yet but I dressed them up with a tripod, scope, and shell catcher.

C86294CC-2AF6-49D0-BF2C-CDEF9599DE3A.jpeg

D58A5B22-4866-4079-BA75-5FA25BF113A9.jpeg

300985B3-61C5-471B-949B-1E9D6C905B4D.jpeg

Got around to getting a Galco holster for the new pistols. Have one for the Kahr 40 and like it. I carry cross draw for my right hand, and simple as they are, they work well for me. The clip is plastic, but seems very tough, and I've never broken one. You spring it out, and it hooks under the belt. Shield 40 on the left, EZ 9mm on the right

NewHolsterscs.JPG

I carry mine un a Comp-Tac holster. At the time, they were the only holster available for a Shield, as I got mine when they first came out many many years ago. Being a kydex one, most of the finish is worn off the slide, but obviously doesn't impact performance. ~5k rounds through it so far and it still works perfectly.

Got around to getting a Galco holster for the new pistols. Have one for the Kahr 40 and like it. I carry cross draw for my right hand, and simple as they are, they work well for me. The clip is plastic, but seems very tough, and I've never broken one. You spring it out, and it hooks under the belt. Shield 40 on the left, EZ 9mm on the right

View attachment 1716045531
I found a guy in Texas that sells very affordable IWB crossdraw holsters on ebay. I had him make a custom for my 5" 1911 that he hadn't done before, and I also have one for my 4.25" Ronin. Very easy to deal with. If he doesn't list one for yours he may be able to. The angle he puts the clip/strap on makes the grip lay right along your belt and is the most comfortable carry I've found for in the truck. My shoulder won't allow easy access to a strong side IWB at 4 o'clock. Mine have metal clips but I see he's added a strap option that may be better. I just contacted him through ebay and had the custom in two weeks.
Right Hand IWB Sidesnap Crossdraw Concealment Holster for Commander Style 1911s | eBay

Any shoulder harness options that work for a Shield? Never tried a shoulder harness, but like the idea of one.

I am so spoiled carrying my 380 Bodyguard. It fits so nicely in a pocket sleeve in my pocket.

I found a guy in Texas that sells very affordable IWB crossdraw holsters on ebay. I had him make a custom for my 5" 1911 that he hadn't done before, and I also have one for my 4.25" Ronin. Very easy to deal with. If he doesn't list one for yours he may be able to. The angle he puts the clip/strap on makes the grip lay right along your belt and is the most comfortable carry I've found for in the truck. My shoulder won't allow easy access to a strong side IWB at 4 o'clock. Mine have metal clips but I see he's added a strap option that may be better. I just contacted him through ebay and had the custom in two weeks.
Right Hand IWB Sidesnap Crossdraw Concealment Holster for Commander Style 1911s | eBay
!!THANKS!!!

Any shoulder harness options that work for a Shield? Never tried a shoulder harness, but like the idea of one.
Years ago I had a shoulder harness rig for a 38 stubby, a Charter arms 5 shot. Think "Detective Special" or similar. Didn't like it and not all that concealed if you wanted a light shirt in summer, and certainly not T shirts!!

I carry mine un a Comp-Tac holster. At the time, they were the only holster available for a Shield, as I got mine when they first came out many many years ago. Being a kydex one, most of the finish is worn off the slide, but obviously doesn't impact performance. ~5k rounds through it so far and it still works perfectly.
I don't care for any of that stuff. Hard and unforgiving, uncomfortable

View attachment 1716045531
Most of my holsters are Milt Sparks. I really like the inside the waistband holsters.

I prefer a Yaqui-slide style holster. Shoulder holsters are great for inside vehicles.

HK USP holster.jpg

-
Back