Anyone have a proven aluminum headed, 500 hp, 440 six pack build?????????????

-
What was the cams duration @.050?

I dont recall but it was docile.
I am up visiting my buddy who built the engine ( actually it is his engine ) so I will ask him-in the morning.
He lives just down the road from @IQ52 ...
Kevin is a genius with 6 pacs.
I will send a pic of his 70 440-6 Plum Crazy Shaker Cuda that has been waiting to be assembled for 10+ years. He crashed his plane and almost didnt make it or walk again. AMAZING RECOVERY!

Agreed. The thought is stroke the 400 - 470/500, not sure, but I’m way out from doing this. Probably a 470, TF-240’s, in a 3800lbs B body-727/3.55’s.
I was think of a cam not larger than 242*@.050.

A Streetable street warrior is the goal, little to zero track time.

Last edited:
get with spiro jannings owner of redline cams 408-313-0145 . he was schooled by harvey crane of old crane cams owner , and john de long . spiro does any type cam , from v12's to single cylinders , he has mopars his self , and we are currently in engine builds as well . he is in of the top cam grinds in the USA , even the world . oh ya your 470 sounds like a rev'n beast . he grinded a cam for a 470 truck puller , turned it 8800 made 808 ponies with one carb on gas . the new engine was a rb type block hilborn injected just at 500 inches turn up to that same number at 1000 plus ponies .

@rumblefish360

That Cam was a mid 240 Duration and 112 center... Crower solid roller.
Ahhhh! I did for get to mention that I wanted a solid or a solid roller lifter & a roller would be just fine.... juuuuust fine.
get with spiro jannings owner of redline cams 408-313-0145 . he was schooled by harvey crane of old crane cams owner , and john de long . spiro does any type cam , from v12's to single cylinders , he has mopars his self , and we are currently in engine builds as well . he is in of the top cam grinds in the USA , even the world . oh ya your 470 sounds like a rev'n beast . he grinded a cam for a 470 truck puller , turned it 8800 made 808 ponies with one carb on gas . the new engine was a rb type block hilborn injected just at 500 inches turn up to that same number at 1000 plus ponies .
Thanks for the tip.

I’m not to sure on the exact duration but I’m sure I’ll get squared away.

no problem , we will never line up against each other . but fbbo member 'itsahemi' hails for your neck of the woods . long island in fact . but i'm sure you won't line up with his black blown rb hemi 63 savoy , it very badass street car .

I’ve known him for a few decades but only introduced myself to him last year. His car is very well known and seen at local shows 6 out of 7 nights around the island and city.

Al is an excellent dude.

I know l loose but I’ll line up next to him. I hope he gives me a car and a half though!
:rofl:

only a car n a half . your a brave dude , i never meet him face to face , but we have some of the same hobbies . great guy ! been talking with larry from sled city fiberglass (glassman) on fbbo , another great guy . he owns a few rare hemi a bodies . and rumblefish360 your cut from the same cloth as there say , you seem like a great guy as well .

only a car n a half . your a brave dude , i never meet him face to face , but we have some of the same hobbies . great guy ! been talking with larry from sled city fiberglass (glassman) on fbbo , another great guy . he owns a few rare hemi a bodies . and rumblefish360 your cut from the same cloth as there say , you seem like a great guy as well .
Thanks buddy, That’s appreciated. Same goes both ways along with many others here.

The car and a half, it’s more of a joke! I’ll get buried in a matter what happens. Even if Al was the blower belt I still get killed! But I couldn’t lose to a better guy.

youi're right now there bro , and for the more part i've had great deals with members here , just a couple of guys dick'd me around . but other fabo members came to my reque . even shipping me my parts at no charge . so in all fabo members are a great bunch of guys n gals . if i can help just let me know . oh ya , that dodge pull truck finishes every meet in first or second , over all the 10 chevy in class , just the ford that trades spots with him . dave story of story porting in crestwood , ky 602 241 5612 did those frankinstin iron heads on the 808hp 470 on gas . he has done a couple pairs of heads for me , wonderful craftsmanship , great cfm gains . porting funny car stuff now as well .

500+ hp six pack build is easy and doesn't need be expensive either.

It's a long read.... we Machined/Built and Dyno tested 2 identical 440's
and we used a 4 BBL and Stealth Heads for the factory appearance, but go have a 'Boo through this for a few ideas on the basic engine build, the six-pack would still get there easily.
The 2nd one used just a Comp cams XE284H and made 545hp @ 5,500 rpm with 562 Ft/Lbs @ 3,500 rpm
We still get LOTS of requests for these.... alas they aren't money makers for us and NO time.... but very capable little budget engines.
STEALTH Head Update.... A "lowly" 440 Street Engine

My 426 B motor makes 525 hp and 552 TQ. 10.0-1 compression Eddy rpm performer heads and intake. Lunati solid lifter flat tappet cam. .544/.566 with .243/[email protected] pump gas, 750 AED hom carb. 3500 stall 3.73 gears, nice street car.

500+ hp six pack build is easy and doesn't need be expensive either.

It's a long read.... we Machined/Built and Dyno tested 2 identical 440's
and we used a 4 BBL and Stealth Heads for the factory appearance, but go have a 'Boo through this for a few ideas on the basic engine build, the six-pack would still get there easily.
The 2nd one used just a Comp cams XE284H and made 545hp @ 5,500 rpm with 562 Ft/Lbs @ 3,500 rpm
We still get LOTS of requests for these.... alas they aren't money makers for us and NO time.... but very capable little budget engines.
STEALTH Head Update.... A "lowly" 440 Street Engine

thanks for that link. some good info on that forum.
I was considering building a 400/451 almost exactly like this one here..
Street 451
I've been searching the net trying to find an example of the torque curve for a semi hot low deck 451.
in this combo, how would the torque curve change with the PP240 heads?
be roughly the same down low and but make more upper rpm power?

Interesting to see that the 451 build used a single plane intake and solid lifter cam similar to mine and it fell on its face at 5700 as well, and i am running a dual plane and solid lifter cam with a point less compression and un-ported heads.

Here's what we did back in 1990, nobody is gonna run the cam we did of course.... (CC .650" [email protected]) but even with a lot less cam its possible and more probable to punch past the 500 with the 6pk set up.

Stock +.030 6-pack bottom end, replacement pistons...039 fel-pro's so under 10:1
Geoff Hauser 906's with 2.14/1.81's..approx 260cfm.
Rubbish Team G Dom intake, 850DP with adapt spacer
HS r/rockers
2" f/well headers
529fwhp track based on weight/mph.

purely for info only.

Just to add those BV 906's were worth 70hp over stock 906's on my set [email protected] to [email protected]

Last edited:
Here's what we did back in 1990, nobody is gonna run the cam we did of course.... (CC .650" [email protected]) but even with a lot less cam its possible and more probable to punch past the 500 with the 6pk set up.

Stock +.030 6-pack bottom end, replacement pistons...039 fel-pro's so under 10:1
Geoff Hauser 906's with 2.14/1.81's..approx 260cfm.
Rubbish Team G Dom intake, 850DP with adapt spacer
HS r/rockers
2" f/well headers
529fwhp track based on weight/mph.

purely for info only.

Just to add those BV 906's were worth 70hp over stock 906's on my set [email protected] to [email protected]
I will take all the info I can get.

-
Back