Anyone in the mood to talk about stock type Mopar ignition boxes ?

-
No, just want something somewhat dependable .. i know the quality of them boxes has dwindled in recent years , I will probably buy two to have a backup with if it dies

That Mancini box is a decent one. Rick Ehrenberg also sells some good ones one bay. I run one of his. Works good.

Chk Standard Motor Products, zero issues with the $20 I bought.
LX101 I believe is one i bought for our 67 cuda.
I run that with my 500 RB motor. I bought it for a backup and had to use it when my 3 month old MSD crapped out. Never put the MSD back in after they fixed it.No issues.

Good to know, this one?
I run that with my 500 RB motor. I bought it for a backup and had to use it when my 3 month old MSD crapped out. Never put the MSD back in after they fixed it.No issues.

20221004_090529.jpg

20221004_090524.jpg

I thought the ones with "no name/blank" capacitor were junk?
That's what I've heard, too. I'd be packing a backup for sure if I were running one. I've grabbed up a few old-stock ones from sellers here and on Ebay when the price was right.

I don't see any recent ad postings for ECUs from Ray-halifaxhops, but I've purchased those and several other parts from him before. If I needed one I'd send him a message.

Rick Ehrenberg is good to deal with, and if you buy from his Ebay page, it'll be in the mail tomorrow. If you contact him directly through email, he'll work with you to save Ebay and Pay Pal fees. It takes a little longer but the savings are real. His contact info is on this page.
Rick Ehrenberg's Mopars

Always carry spares(br, coil, ecu). I took the one I pic'd off our car while I was trying to diagnose issues(in my initial timing thread). Swapped it out for a Mopar orange box. Swap didnt help.
I'm thinking the SMP are good ones.
That's what I've heard, too. I'd be packing a backup for sure if I were running one. I've grabbed up a few old-stock ones from sellers here and on Ebay when the price was right.

I don't see any recent ad postings for ECUs from Ray-halifaxhops, but I've purchased those and several other parts from him before. If I needed one I'd send him a message.

Rick Ehrenberg is good to deal with, and if you buy from his Ebay page, it'll be in the mail tomorrow. If you contact him directly through email, he'll work with you to save Ebay and Pay Pal fees. It takes a little longer but the savings are real. His contact info is on this page.
Rick Ehrenberg's Mopars

Always carry spares(br, coil, ecu). I took the one I pic'd off our car while I was trying to diagnose issues(in my initial timing thread). Swapped it out for a Mopar orange box. Swap didnt help.
I'm thinking the SMP are good ones.
I agree. Standard has always been my go to for aftermarket ignition parts.

Here's a couple old stock ECUs for someone who needs one.

NOS Ignition Control Module TRW Niehoff AL403CS b61 | eBay

Borg Warner Ignition Control Module CBE14 | eBay

Good to know, this one?
Yes. Wasn't planning on making it my full-time box but it is now. I have a couple of old ugly ones that work for spares with my 2 rides. My Ragtop still has the Old orange box I bought new in the early 80's .

-
Back