Anyone install pass side mirror on 67 b'cuda?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Think I'm gonna install a pass side mirror on my 67' but wanted too see if anyone else has done it.

Of course my 67 did not have the pass mirror from the factory so I take it that it is just a matter of drilling a couple holes and ...done?

I could really use this mirror since traffic around here is relentless and disrespectful to classic cars.

Think I'm gonna install a pass side mirror on my 67' but wanted too see if anyone else has done it.

Of course my 67 did not have the pass mirror from the factory so I take it that it is just a matter of drilling a couple holes and ...done?

I could really use this mirror since traffic around here is relentless and disrespectful to classic cars.

Thought about doing it on my Dart. Just mark location as on drivers side. If you have the mirror your going to use, take the rubber mounting gasket and use it as a template for the holes ,mark drill, mount.

I have 2 that I had new mirror glass installed in. I have been thinking about putting one on the pass side and replacing the driver side... but I have not gotten a round tuit!

I have thought about adding a passenger side mirror on my 67 Dart, but the price turns me off, seems like I've seen them around $150, and I think I have also read where they are useless in the correct position. Might just get a bigger peep mirror and install it on the wing window for when I tow the teardrop, my new teardrop is only 40" wide, so it shouldn't take much to see around it.

Isn't there a door reinforcing plate that goes inside the door to support the mirror. Maybe it was an aftermarket item but I have seen it listed sonewhere.

Here they are so they must be aftermarket.

Mirror Reinforcement Plate Drivers Side 67-76 A-Body, not 67-69 Barracuda
DR-027A.jpg

http://www.dynamicrenovation.net/detail.php?ID=47

Mirror Reinforcement Plate Drivers Side 66-70 B-body & 67-69 Barracuda
DR-027B.jpg

http://www.dynamicrenovation.net/detail.php?ID=48

I've even thought of putting one of those panoramic contraptions on my interior rear view to help see a wider view.

I thought I read in a post here some time ago, about the mirror on passenger side, having interference issues with the vent window. Might want to do a "search" on it just to be sure. I couldn't find anything in my service bulletin for the '67 Barracuda.

I thought I read in a post here some time ago, about the mirror on passenger side, having interference issues with the vent window. Might want to do a "search" on it just to be sure. I couldn't find anything in my service bulletin for the '67 Barracuda.

Cool, I will do some measurements and such.

I installed one on my 69 Cuda a few years ago. I had no issue with the vent window, it would open and close just fine. I took the measurements from the drivers door and drilled the holes in the same places. coffeedart67 is correct, I can't see a dam thing out of it. I only found out afterwards that you have to install the mirror at an angle ( the rear has to be pointed more towards the interior of the car) if you actually want to see behind. If I had known beforehand would I have installed it crooked? Probably not but its on now and its straight so it will stay like that. Hope this helps with your decision. Bobby

68-9 mount in a different location then the 67.

Guess it took em a year to figure out the vent window would hit against/scratch the mirror, moving them back in position before the vent window. Ask me how I know...

Didnt they move the door lock position at the same time?

mine doesn't hit though... the mounting angle on the foot (external screw part) is slightly off and inward as was mentioned. best to measure from the left side. Mark outline without the mounting stud, verify clearance with vent window, and then drill the stud hole. slightly snug the nut on the stud. then set the base where it is usable best done with another person to swivel the base while you sit in the drivers seat to verify position. as mentioned if you set it level the mirror will be unusable.

I put one on my 67 notch, just matched the drivers position & I got no problems

I built a long cable remote mirror for my 67 notch. The control wand is in a second ignition switch bezel . More than a couple of holes required though

redfish, tell/show us what you did. Would like to have passenger side mirror remote like the drivers side. Understand the ignition switch chrome piece as holder for the cable knob, but what mirror did you start with?

It's the matching non-remote right mirror housing. That mirror is gutted. Guts from a used left door remote mirror are installed. The long cable assembly was pulled from a 86 Fifth Ave. That cars control wand was mounted in plastic so it has a steel reinforcement piece much like the one behind your 67 flasher switch. That little piece is all that is required to place the control wand in a 67 ign' switch bezel. The bezel nut on your drivers door and that same golf tee shaped control wand is now in the ignition switch bezel.
The remote cables have tiny derrules crimped on their ends. Preping those for reuse was more time consuming than difficult. The most difficult part was proceeding with the install, cutting all the required holes in my car.

Sounds like I have most of the pieces needed except the long cable. Have an Imperial I can check for that. Fingers crossed!!

I saw a 67 Imperial at a salvage yard that had a factory pass side reomte mirror that looked just like the pass side manual mirror we all know.
The cable was short, and adjuster mounted in the same position as the driver's, just on the pass door.

I took the measurements from the drivers door and drilled the holes in the same places. coffeedart67 is correct, I can't see a dam thing out of it. I only found out afterwards that you have to install the mirror at an angle ( the rear has to be pointed more towards the interior of the car) if you actually want to see behind. If I had known beforehand would I have installed it crooked? Probably not but its on now and its straight so it will stay like that. Hope this helps with your decision. Bobby

EXACTLY!!! You beat me to it. I put one on my 67 and was very careful to use the same measurements as on the drivers side. I can't see **** out of it.

When I re do it. I'm going to have someone hold it to where I can see out of it and then screw it down. Mines not a concourse restoration...lol.

EXACTLY!!! You beat me to it. I put one on my 67 and was very careful to use the same measurements as on the drivers side. I can't see **** out of it.

When I re do it. I'm going to have someone hold it to where I can see out of it and then screw it down. Mines not a concourse restoration...lol.

I'm not sure everyone is talking about the same mirror or the same car here. 67 b'cuda mirrors aren't positioned the same as 68. I dont have a clue about Dart mirrors. Anyway...
If the mirror is already mounted on the door, rather than redo that, consider altering the mirrors pisture.

How does the mirror come apart without breaking the glass?

-
Back